Chapter Eight

The 'Royal' Princess [Semi-Hiatus]

                                                         

 

                                                           Third Person 

 

She covered a hand over . She froze time and everything became still. Was the image before her real? Maybe she have mistaken the person. Maybe she has. She walked closer and closer as tears blurred her vision. What was it? Who was it? She stood in front of the two people. She stood there staring at the two for a while. Maybe she was dreaming. Maybe her eyes were making her see things. She pinched her arm and it hurts. She blinked a few times. Multiple times. A hundred times. A thousand times. It didnt change the faces in front of her. Her lips started to quiver again.

"It can't be. It can't." she shook her head over and over again.

"I'm wrong. Somethings wrong with me." she said shaking her head a bit more harder.

Her mind and eyes were telling the truth. They were. Really. It was just her heart that was being denial. Being indenial. It couldn't take the breakage so it covers it up with denial. She froze time too long so it started back again. They were kissing furiously. Hardly noticing her. She choked. They finally realized and looked up. His eyes widened in shock.

"Why are you crying? I'm sorry but we're kind of busy. I'd love to talk to you but I'm in the middle of something. You shouldn't cry. You look better with a smile." she said patting Haneul's shoulder and smiling brightly.

"I-I'm s-so-sorry." she stuttered badly. She trudged away slowly.

"Ha-Haneul!" he ran and grabbed her limp arm. She didn't even look up at him.

"Please let me explain!" She shook her head.

She pushed his hand off her. He kept a strong grip but not to the point of hurting her.

"Just listen to me, okay?! Please!" he yelled.

Luckily the balcony doors were closed and the music was too loud. She shook her head over and over again as the tears she tried to hold in sprung out.

"Please!!" he yelled even louder.

"What is there to explain Sehun?!" she yelled at him.

He was taken aback. This was the first time she ever yelled at him angered.

"Haneul...." his grip on her loosened.

"What is there to explain? I saw everything I needed to see. I don't need to hear it to." she whispered. She shook his hand off.

"She looks cold. You, you should get back to her. Here." she tried her best not to crack her voice but failed terribly.

She slipped the sparkling ring off her finger. As it came off, it's spark and brightness was lost. His eyes enlarged. 

"You should give this to the girl you really love." 

"Haneul!" he yelled flustered.

"I think. I don't think that we belong with each other. She's. She's a very nice girl. You-You should treasure her and love her. She really loves you. I can see it in her eyes. I-I guess that our story together ends here. Have. Have a nice life with-without me."

Her hands were shaking but she managed to pull his hand up. She neatly placed the ring onto the center of his palm and painfully smiled.

"Nice meeting you." she said.

Her body faded as she walked away.

"Haneul! Listen!"

but it was too late.

 

........................................................................

 

She sat on a thin blanket on top of the green grass.  She sat there looking out at the clear watered lake. It reflected the moon and the stars beautifully. Her heels were slipped off and her knees were pulled up to her chest. Her dress was long enough to cover up her legs. Her breathing was shaky. And her eyes were swollen. Her mind and heart wouldn't let her rest. They kept replaying happy moments and then end with what happened earlier. A jacket covered her shoulders.

"You look cold Malady." he said.

She didn't reply.

"You only come here when too much is on your mind. Now tell me what's wrong. You always do." he said.

"Not now." She said.

He nodded his head. She laid down and he did the same. She put the jacket on top of her. They laid there looking up at the sky for a while.

"It hurts." she said.

"What hurts?" he asked.

"My heart hurts." he was quiet for a bit.

"Why?"

It was silence once again. She opened to speak. He held her hand tightly. As the words came out, the more tears followed. He would wipe them away gently. 

"Don't cry anymore. It doesn't suit you." he said.

After all the crying and comfort talk, they just laid there. She was looking up at the sky, while he, was looking at her. There was a nice comfortable silence between the two. 

"You know. Don't you ever feel suffocated wearing that mask?" she asked, looking at him.

"At times." he said.

"I've came here ever since I was 13 and I still don't know your name. It's not fair. You know mine but I don't know yours." she said.

"My name is a secret. Just call me like how you always. Cloud. You'll be my sky(Haneul means Sky.) and I'll be your cloud. But it's mostly the other way around." he said.

She slapped his arm lightly.

"I'm always the one comforting you and giving you tips. The sky holds the cloud and tells it things. Like I do." he said.

She smiled.

"Thanks. For always being here when I am. Why do you always help me?" she asked.

"No problems. Because Im nice." he said.

*Because I love you.*

"Did you go somewhere important?" she asked him.

"Not really. You?"

"A Royal Ball." she said.

"You do look prettier today." he said.

She raised the side of her upper lip at him. He chuckled.

"You're not nice at all. You're a big bag of mean poo." she said.

"A big bag of mean poo? Really?" She nodded her head. He shook his head and laughed.

"I'm telling the truth!"

"Okay. Okay. I'm a big bag of mean poo. Happy?" she smiled nodding her head. 

They looked at each other and laughed holding their stomaches.