Chapter Sixteen

The 'Royal' Princess [Semi-Hiatus]

Today was one of those days. Those days when she just wanted to lay in bed forever and look at the ceiling. The lazy days where she just wanted to sleep forever and do nothing. But she couldn't, not on this day. Today was a special day. A day of mourning for a loved one. Sehun's loved one. His mother. His precious mother. Lucky for Haneul, she woke up a little bit too early. It gave her time to just lay there and rest a little bit more. She could close her eyes and just listen to the calming sound of rain. The gentle pit pat and sometimes the heaviness as it fell. Her breathing was audible. Her chest rose up and down. She pulled her blanket over her, feeling a light chill come up her spine. She felt like half of her was empty. Maybe it was because she was tired, or maybe because it was a day of rain. Or maybe, just maybe, it was because she was missing her other half. Someone special. Maybe him. A tiny voice in her head kept saying that but she shook it all away and just went with her being a loner. She knew though. She knew deep down inside her heart that that tiny voice was right. She was missing him, though she was pushing him away. The soft sound of his voice, the gentle kisses he would give at certain times, that tiny tiny little lisp he had, or maybe the way his eye twitches when he gets offended. She smiled to herself. She missed that. It was something, just that something in her that was keeping her from forgiving him. Was it because of how he believed Hana so easily? Was it how he treated her the other time? Was it because of what happened at the ball? She wanted to know but She was to weak and lazy to give a try to find the answer. She took a deep sigh and ran her soft, long, delegate fingers through her hair. Her eyes were tired and felt a bit dry. She looked at the time on the clock.

7:08 AM

in a soft blue color.

The preparations are going to start at 10:30 She closed her eyes once again, this time concentrating on going back to sleep. Her mind wouldn't let her. Was it really her mind or was it just her heart? She, herself, didn't even know the answer. After a bit, her breathing became calm, her movements became still, and her eyes stayed shut. She would mumble a few incoherent words here and there. Her face was still peaceful. No furrowed brows, creased forehead, or any of the discomforted sort. Only the kind gentle face. The slick pale one, with slight pink tinted lips. Yeah, that one.

 

...........................................................................

 

9:56 AM

 

The rain could still be heard. He sat there holding onto the necklace on his neck. A silver one to be exact. Its pendent was a shape of a few lines forming a circle.(His exo power sign ^^) His mother had given it to him when he got his powers. He gently smiled. His older brother was slightly doing the same but in his hands were a picture of the deceased queen. Tears were falling gently.

Pit, pat

The sound it made when the few drops fell onto the picture. His lips shook slightly. He still couldn't believe it's been 2 years without her. Sehun couldn't believe it either. It's been 2 years without their mother. 2 whole years. They stayed strong for that long.

 

730 days, 1 hour, 52 minutes, and 13 seconds without her.

 

Without their guardian angel. They missed how she would and could just laugh at the non-funniest things. She would sing random songs at random times and they'll watch just how funny it was to watch their mother try to cook. She would either burn it or undercook it. Though, she was great at making patbingsu.

By this time, Haneul was up. She felt a bit light headed standing up but she could manage. She stretched slowly. She stumbled the first few steps but she made it to the restroom. She rubbed her eyes and the faucet. she opened the drawer and grabbed the toothpaste, lazily squeezing some of it onto her toothbrush. She filled the cup with water. She place it down and splashed her face with warm water. she pat her face dry and started brushing. 

 

............................................................................

 

Before you read this part, I just want to tell you I know nothing about these things very well. I've only seen in dramas. Correct me if you want. ^^ 

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The doors of the Palace opened and rushed in the people who came from all around jut to attend. The kings, the deceased queen's, Family, Friends and people of that sort.Sehun and Baekhyun stood outside bowing. The king soon joined them but instead of bowing he thanked them sincerely. The were dressed formerly for the occasion, they wore Black hanboks with some white. Inside the palace the tables were all set up in the big spacious room. The maids bowed and showed the guests to the way towards the room. The room was filled with chatter and greetings. When everything and everyone was settled the anniversary has started. There were long speeches and Haneul had a hard time keeping her eyes open. The atmosphere was so filled with memories and sadness. The air was just too thick for her comfort. She excused herself and walked towards the direction of the garden. As she walked there were some couples talking or either kissing in the hallways.

*At an anniversary for a deceased person. Really?*

She walked onto the wet bushrock tile and sat on the swinging bench provided. All the plants were back in it's place and the bench was painted a new color, white. It had some small pillows, a cloth covering the seat and a roof. There was a sign she hadn't noticed. It said the following, 

"Before the reward there must be labor. You plant before you harvest. You sow in tears before you reap joy." 

She smiled. 

*He did what he promised.* 

She swung her self back and forth. There was a button to pull the roof back and she pushed it. She laid down and put a pillow under her head. She watched as the gray clouds float about in the sky. She stayed like that, freeing her mind. A shadow came over her and her view was blocked. 

 

_____________________________________

I updated! ^^