Chapter Twenty Five

The 'Royal' Princess [Semi-Hiatus]


Okay. I’m sorry but I’m going to change some things. Kai isn’t going to be her boyfriend anymore. She rejected his feelings. Sehun will be her only boyfriend. Excuse half of chap. 23 and 24. Sorry if I confuse some of you. Tell me what you’re confused about and I’ll explain it to you. AND I’m so so so so sorry for not updating. My EOCT is this week. T-T Enjoy~~

Her fingers traced the intricate details on the wall. Paintings of new and ancient times were present. Some lines were made of pure gold and small pixie fairies flew around, playing, their fairy dust drifting in the soft blowing wind. Her steps came to a halt as she reached the painting she’d came to see. She traced her mother’s face and smiled sadly. Haneul and Suho were standing on either side of her, with their smiles wide.

“I haven’t seen your face in forever umma.” She said.

“I miss you alot. I do. I wish you were still here....but...If you were still here, would Sehun still show up? Would Kai realize his feelings for me?...Would I learn to be as strong as I am?” Haneul heaved a sigh.

The pixies started to circle around her, making a gold ring of glowing magical dust. They placed a flower crown atop of her head.

“Thank you.” She said politely.

They nodded their heads and continued flying around the place. She took settle steps towards the exit. The individual stone steps glowed blue as she lands her foot lightly onto them. She held onto the gold railing as she walked. Fairies whispered words into each others ears and nodded.

"Princess Haneul." She turned around as a fairy tap her shoulder.

"Head fairy wants to speak with you." He said cautiously. She looked a bit surprised. It was rare that the Head fairy ever spoke to anyone, though she is a close friend to the King. She was the only one of her kind left. She could tell you your future, but just bits and pieces. You could believe in them or can not. Haneul nodded and followed him without question.

They reached a small cottage in a meadow that she was 100% sure wasn’t there. The door opened by itself and they both walked in. Haneul bowed to a frail looking long haired fairy.

“Come my child.” She called and Haneul walked towards her.

She held onto Haneul’s hand tightly and closed her eyes.

“Clear your mind and I shall tell.” Haneul did as told.

“You will be in great danger soon. You will either be saved or killed. Your close one will deceive you. A close one may die. If you live, you shall become heir. You may believe whichever you like. Some may be true, some may not. ” Her eyes opened again.

“You may now go back my child. May your mother carry you through and the good be by your side.” Haneul thanked her and bowed.

 

 

.................................................................................

 

 

She got back to the palace with a flooded mind.

“HANEUL!” Sehun pounced onto her and it broke her train of thought.

“Oh. Hey Sehun.”

“Father told me what happened. He wants you in his office. I’ll walk you there.” She nodded. He held onto her hand tightly as they walked.She looked at him and he nodded. Haneul knocked on the big wooden door.

“Come in.” He said and the door opened. He gave her hand a tight squeeze and let her walk in. The door closed behind her. “Take a seat my darling.” She sat on a chair a bit too big.

“Min Hee told me.” Haneul nodded.

“I’ve decided that since you may be in danger, BAP shall be back by your side. Hana has her husbands to be to take care of her.”

“Ne, Father.”

“You may leave.” She nodded and got up.

She got out and the door closed behind her with a click. She got out and was greeted with Sehun and Yongguk in each others faces. They both held onto each others collars with their knuckles becoming white.

“What are you two doing?” She asked, standing where she was.

The sight made her stomach twist and turn.They both looked at each other with fierce expressions. They let go of each other with reluctance. The others looked at her and then to Yongguk and Sehun. She walked down the hall without them. They quickly shuffled behind her. She didn’t know how to feel at the moment. She didn’t know how to feel about her future. Her mind needed rest from everything. She wished she could sleep for days on end and not worry about anything.

 

 

............................................................................................................

 



She sat in class staring out the window. Her mind drifted off somewhere in the soft blowing wind. An earbud was in her ear. Her eyes were getting cloudy. She got up and gathered her things. The others stared at her surprised. She walked out of the class with a blank face. The teacher stood still and the students started to whisper things. Sehun was about to follow her but the back of his brain told him not to. She sat next to the oak tree. She traced the carvings that were there. She smiled softly. She looked up and saw Jongin. He was talking to the minister’s daughter, Subin. He turned his head and saw Haneul. His face hardened and he pulled Subin somewhere else. She smiled sadly.

*It’s good that he doesn’t want to be your friend anymore Haneul.It’ll be good if no one was your friend.*

She closed her eyes and laid down on the bench.

*It’ll only be best for them and you* Haneul reassured herself.

 

 

..........................................................................................................

 

 

She walked back into the building at lunch. She was greeted with staring and whispering. Her face was like those who were depressed. She didn’t line up to get her food and just sat down with the others.She blankly watch them eat and talk to each other. Jongin looked at her with a hint of hate. She could feel it.

“Noona, are you okay?” Zelo asked. She nodded.  She looked around.

“Sehun. I need to tell you something.” The others became quiet.  She got up and he followed nervously. They got to the roof.

“Sehun. I think. I think, It’s best we stay friends.” He stared at her with disbelief.

“It’s not what you did, It’s me.”

*You can do it.*

“I don’t have feelings for you anymore. I don’t get those butterflies anymore.”

“Haneul-ah. Please. It’s been 4 years. Is it because of what happened during the ball? Tell me. I’ll do anything. I’m in love with you. I wouldn’t be able to bear a moment without you. I don’t think I’ll make it knowing you’re not mine anymore. ”

Haneul felt like bursting out crying but she couldn’t cry, not now.

“Sehun, you lived more than 10 years without me being your girlfriend. You can continue that with no problem. Just pretend I never asked you to go to the lake or told you I love you. It’ll be better that way, I guess.” She patted his shoulder and turned to leave.

She closed her eyes tight as he pulled at her wrist. All the feelings she had for him started to build up. Her eyes clouded with tears and she quickly wiped them away.

“Please.” His voice cracked.

“Tell me what I did wrong. Is it because I never bought you flowers? I’ll buy you 100 of them each day. Is it because of my grades? I’ll raise them up. I promise. Is it my lisp? I’ll fix it. Is it my hair? I’ll shave it off if you want me to. Is it because I don’t have enough muscles? I’ll build some. Please, just don’t leave me. I’ll change everything if you want me too. Without you would, my life would be empty and dull. Please don’t leave me.” He pleaded.

She didn’t want to look at him because she knew she’d start bawling.

She shook her hand hard and his hand fell to his side with defeat.

*I’m so sorry.*

She ran down as fast as she could. Her tears started to flow. Everyone was in class. She bumped into a tall figure. She stumbled back.

“I’m sorry.” She murmured looking up at him.

It was Jongin.

She blinked a few times and looked down. She moved around him.

“Haneul.”

She ignored his call and went into the restroom. She cried till her eyes ran dry.

*I’m so sorry baby. It’s for the best. I love you.*