Chapter Eleven

The 'Royal' Princess [Semi-Hiatus]

 

                                                        Third Person  

 

 

Haneul walked into the big kitchen.

"I'm so hungry. I haven't eaten anything all day." she mumbled rubbing her tummy.

"Ill make you something, Princess." She turned her head and smiled.

"You don't have to if you don't want to." she said.

"But I'd be honor too." he said.

"Well then why not." she said.

He smiled widely. He quickly grabbed the needed ingredients.

"Can I help?" she asked.

"You wouldnt want to get your hands dirty. Please leave it to me." she frowned.

"Fine."

She watched as he washed, chopped, and cooked the ingredients. He placed a pan in the oven and closed it.

"The foods almost ready Princess. Im sorry for making you wait long." he said bowing his head.

"Aniya. It's not your fault."

^DING^

He took it out of the oven and did what he needed to do. After a little bit, He placed food on the table.

"This looks Delicious! You should eat with me!"

"But-"

"Come on! You made this. So you should enjoy it too!" she said.

"If you insist princess." He sat down in front of her.

She took a big bite out of her food. Her eyes grew wide.

"How is it? Does it not suit your taste princess?" he asked worriedly.

"This. This. This is the most delicious thing I've ever tasted!" he smiled.

"Thank you princess. You're the first person to really try."

"No one has tried your cooking?! They're missing out. A lot. " she said.

"I must be very special to be your first taste tester." She said smiling.

*You don't know how precious you are.*

They ate and talked to each other. He learnt things he never knew about her and she learnt things about him. She even raised his position from dish boy to personal chef.

 

.............................................................................

 

She winced as the thunder became louder and louder. She knocked on his door. It opened and he groggily looked at her.

"Can I sleep here just for today? It's thundering and I'm scared." she said.

He nodded his head and stepped back, letting her in. She crawled onto his bed and he tucked her in.

"It's been a while." he said.

She nodded. He laid down next to her.

"Sweet Dreams Haneul." he said, giving her a light kiss on the forehead.

"Good Night Oppa." she said.

"Mmm." he mumbled.

Only one person hasn't slept yet. He was laying there staring at her pale complexion. She looked sick.

"I love you." he mumbled again.

His eyes traced her soft features. From her eyes to her nose and then .... To her lips.

He stared at it longingly. Oh how he wished he could press them onto his.  How he wished he could just kiss her in broad daylight. How he wished she was his and his only. He didn't care for Hana or any other maiden. All he wanted was Haneul's and her heart. He'd look or even stare at her from afar.  Wanting to hold her and kiss her but she was Sehun's. She wasnt Yongguk's because Hana requested to marry him and of course of biasness the queen agreed.  Poor Princess Haneul, she still doesn't know a thing. Kai was suppose to break the news to her but he doesn't have the heart to. He hated seeing her sad, depressed, or/and heartbroken. Everyone was breaking her heart but he couldn't do anything to stop them. Neither can she.

 She moved her body closer to his, making him lose his train of thoughts. He took a sharp inhale as she snuggled into his chest and put her hand over his waist. Their legs were intwined.  He was jealous. Oh so jealous.  Sehun could get hugs from her anytime, anywhere, any day but he would take lightly of them.  To Kai, being able to even be close to her is good enough.  

Kai looked at her hand and noticed something.

 Where was her ring?

Did she lose it?

Did she or he cancel the marriage?

No way.

They loved each other too much. There was a rapid knock on his door. Haneul was furrowing her brows.  

Kai swiftly but softly teleported himself in front of his door.

He opened it.

 He saw a nervous looking Sehun.  

"Is Haneul here?"

Kai slowly nodded his head.  

Kai reluctantly opened the door wider.

"Oppa, What-" She said sleepy.

Her eyes enlarged as she saw Sehun. She scooted further away from him.

"Haneul, why are you sleeping here? I woke up and poof you were gone. I was worried sick."

She was trembling as he walked closer. He was about to touch her arm.

"Don't touch me!" She yelled.  

Both Kai and Sehun's eyes widened. This was the first time he witnessed Haneul yell at Sehun.  Matter of fact just seeing her yell was surprising.  

"Haneul-ah -"

"Leave." she pushed him.  

"Leave!"

Sehun backed up a little bit because of her force.

He grabbed her wrists.

"Let go of me!" She yelled.

His grip tightened. "Let go of me."

she pulled her hands harder but it wasn't helping.

"Sehun let go of her!" Kai pushed Sehun roughly, making him let go of her.

"What is wrong with you?" Sehun yelled.

He was about to punch Kai but Haneul stood in front of Kai protectively.

"Haneul move out of the way!" Sehun yelled.

"Don't touch him! He didn't do anything wrong." She said standing over him.

"Fine." he said.

He swiftly pulled her hand and dragged her towards her room.

"Let go of me." he pulled her into the room and slammed it shut.

"What has gotten into you?!" he yelled at her.

"Me?" she laughed in disbelief.

"The question is suppose to be for you." she said bitterly.

"Where is your ring?" he asked her.

"I threw it away." she lied.

"Why in the world would you do that?!"

"Because. I've told you before. Our story has ended. We are no longer close. And You..you me Sehun. You me. Sehun you-" her tears spilled out. "How do you expect me to. To just forgive you?"

He just stared at her pale, tear stained face.

"Leave..."

"Please." She cried.

He stood there, holding her face between the palm of his hands. She pushed him with the little force she had left in her. He frowned. He reluctantly let go of her. Slowly, his arms became limp to his sides. 

"I'm sorry. And I will always, always love you." he said. Taking one last look at her before closing the door behind him. 

She slowly slid down the wall. She was in pain. Physically and mentally. Nothing could heal her now or ever.