Chapter 38: SM breaks the hook?

I never wanted to fall for you [HIATUS]

Winter was gone, spring came and with spring new changes and new meetings. Sitting in my bedroom, while Jinny was playing downstairs, in the living room, I kept taking glances outside the window while working on assignment.

“I am helpless...” I sighed and leaned back on the chair before I stood up and walked over to window. Seeing children, from neighbours’ houses, playing outside, I narrowed my eyebrows and walked towards doors.

“Xiao,” Anne called from downstairs.

I opened doors and stepped out. “Yes?” I called back.

“Mason and I are going out with Jinny.” She said, hearing doors opening.

“Okay,” I answered and looked in the other way of stairs, towards the window by the end of the hallway.

The front doors closed, leaving me in dead silence, before I walked towards the stairs, slowly resting my hand on the fence. Something was odd, I could feel it, but I didn’t know what. Shaking with head, I walked back into my room, where I continued with assignment before I fell asleep on top of my laptop.

“Xiao” I heard Anne’s voice from the doors.

Rubbing my eyes, I looked at her in confusion as she ran towards me and typed something on laptop. “What is wrong?” I murmured and looked at laptop when she turned it back my way. My eyes widened seeing the title. “What?!” I shrieked.

SM announces Lee Taemin is in a relationship with Britney Spears’ dancer Xiao Yun!

“No,” I shook with head and rolled down, reading the article. “No,” I murmured. “No, no, no, no…” I groaned and messed my head in annoyance. “No…” I whined and banged head on table. “Ouch…” I groaned in murmur.

“Xiao…” Anne called me quietly. I looked at her and then at my phone, seeing Britney’s number on it. I covered my head, not wanting to see or hear anyone as Anne picked up my phone, answering it.

“Hey Brit,” she said in happy tone. “Yes, she just saw it and yes she is banging her head on table. At least she did few seconds ago…”

“I want to die…” I sighed as I stood up and walked to bed where I laid down, pulling covers over my head.

“And yes, she just said she wanted to die.” Anne laughed. I glared at her from under covers before I rolled on the other side and looked at the window, sun shining through clouds. With that Anne left with my phone, leaving me alone in the room.

“I hate when this happens…” I murmured to myself and hid under covers, wanting to disappear from the world, but I knew I couldn’t. To be even worse, my email was full of messages from everyone that knew me and even from those people who I didn’t know.

The whole day, I spent in my room, trying to concentrate on an assignment, but hearing the noise outside the house, I couldn’t do anything. Though Mason and Anne told the press that I won’t say anything, they didn’t stop. It came so far that Jinny came with a black eye home.

“What happened?” I panicked, seeing her dark eye while trying to hold her tears back.

“I got into fight.” She answered and looked away. “They were badmouthing you. And call you names.” She murmured quietly, making me let a sigh out as I pulled her in a tight hug. “I will protect you Xiao.”

“It is okay Jinny,” I smiled and patted her back. “Let it out…” I whispered. She quietly wrapped hands around me as sobs were heard before it turned into a cry. “It is okay…”

“You know you don’t have to do this.” Britney looked at me in worry as I was standing on the stairs, ready to go on the stage. “I can arrange you a manager that will talk instead of you.” she held my hand.

“I have to do this, Britney,” I looked at her. “Jinny is hurt because of me.” I glanced at Jinny that was standing between Mason and Anne, looking around scared. “If I do nothing, she won’t go out of the house anymore.” I said and looked back in front. “This is for her safety,” I added quietly and walked up, all lights on me.

“Miss Yun,”

“Xiao,”

“I have a question,”

Voices kept coming from people that were standing in front of me. There were fans as well, either crying or quietly watching from afar. I was afraid of standing in such huge crowd all alone, but remembering Jinny crying, I gained courage and took a deep breath before I spoke.

“I,” I started, making everyone to quiet down. “I saw the news last week. I indeed was surprised that SM announced we are together and I am here to admit that Taemin and I are dating.”

Voices again.

“All I ask for,” I continued, ignoring their questions, “is that you leave my sister and my friends alone. They did nothing wrong. And if you are already blaming someone, blame me for falling in love.” I bit my lower lip, hotness spreading across my cheeks. “It was me in the first place that admitted feelings to him. And we have been together since high school.” I stopped for a moment and looked at Jinny who was looking at me.

“All I ask is…leave my sister and friends alone. I beg of you,” I bowed deeply and shut my eyes.

Quiet sounds, of someone taking pictures was filling the room while everyone stayed silent, before a voice called: “We are with you,”

I raised my head wide eyed and smiled once the whole room was heard in similar sentences. “Thank you,” I bowed once again. “Thank you for giving me a chance…” I bit my lower lip hardly, trying hard to surpass the tears that were threatening to fall.

After I decided to answer some questions while Anne, Jinny, Mason and Britney were backstage watching me over. Towards the end, Jinny came up running while holding my phone. A round of “aw” was heard as she hid behind me. I quickly glanced at phone and recognized the number that was calling me. It was Korean police.

There was only one reason for them to call me on my phone. I shook with head and apologized to everyone as well as thanked for them to come before I excused myself and quickly disappeared from the stage.

“Who was calling?” asked Anne and looked at me in anticipation.

“Just some distant relative from Korea.” I lied and looked at Britney. “Can I use your plane if there are any troubles?” I asked.

“Of course,” she nodded in confusion. “But why?” she asked.

“Just for…something…” I said and held Jinny’s hand. “We are going ahead. You can still be here if you want to.” I murmured and started walking with Anne calling after me. The whole way back to house I looked around for anyone suspicious, but luckily there was no one.

“Jinny go into your room or into living room and play with something, okay?” I looked at my younger sister, who quietly nodded and disappeared from the hallway into living room where she the TV.

I took my phone from the pocket and dialled the number that called me before. “Hello?” I asked once someone picked up the phone on the other side.

“Miss Yun?” Detective Park asked on the other side.

“On the phone,” I answered. “I saw you called,” I said and sat on the chair in the kitchen.

“Yeah,” he murmured. “Firstly, I would like to apologize for calling out of nowhere.” He apologized and stopped for a moment before he continued: “But I just can’t rest still if I don’t inform you on how things are going with investigation of the death and debt of your family.”

“Did you find anything new?” I bit my lower lip and glanced towards living room, hoping Jinny wouldn’t hear anything. “Or just anything?”

“There are some trails we found about the debt.” He spoke quietly. “It seems that your father bought your house from a man that is boss in some mafia. Your father had no idea in what situation he ended until it was too late.” Detective Park let a quiet sigh out. “This group…is one of the most dangerous groups on the world and hearing on the news you are in relationship with Taemin, might get them to act towards you and your sister.”

“What?” I widened my eyes. “My parents and my brother are dead because of them and now they are going on me and Jinny?” I asked with cracked voice. “Don’t they have enough?”

“That is the reason why you should be protected wherever you go with your sister.” He said. “Wherever you go, you aren’t safe.”

“Then what should we do?” I asked quietly and leaned on table, holding my head. “I can’t give Jinny to strangers. Who knows what personality they might have? Plus, if I am a target with Jinny, that means Anne, Mason, Britney and everyone that I have connection with are in danger as well.”

“That is right,” detective nodded. “It is up to you of what you are going to do. And please think very well of what you will do because everyone’s lives are depending on you from now on. If you make one wrong move, someone might die.”

I bit my lower lip, hating to hear this. “I will try…” I said quietly and let a sigh out. “Thank you for calling.” I added and hanged up. Burying my face into my hands I started thinking of what I should do to not endanger everyone I know, though some might never forgive me for doing things I will do.

“Jinny,” I stood up and walked into living room, finding her watching Tom and Jerry on Cartoon Network. I smiled and sat beside her on the ground, watching cartoon as well.

She quietly looked at me before she looked back at TV. “Are we leaving?” she asked.

“Hm…” I murmured and leaned back. “I don’t know,” I answered. “I am still thinking of what to do.” I said and glanced at her, seeing her face drop a little. “Do you want to live here with Anne or do you want to live in Korea?” I asked.

She remained quiet for a minute before she looked down. “I like both places…” I barely heard her answer. “But I don’t want to be separated from you.” she looked at me with her brown eyes that resembled mother a lot.

I smiled and caressed her cheek. “I won’t leave you alone. You are my only family left now and I will never leave you alone.” I said and hugged her as I looked at Jerry, who was kissing Tom all over his face for being happy that he left New York and came back home. “Never in my whole life…” I added in a whisper.


Note:

I finally updated after ... almost five months. Sorry for updating every now and then, but I will try to update quicker though I can't promise since I have to study for finals this month so for the next two month there probably won't be any updates at all.

Thank you for subscribing~ :)