Chapter 17: Plan

I never wanted to fall for you [HIATUS]

 

I was standing still for a moment, till I made myself to run back into my room, grabbing keys of my car and ran out. In few minutes I was already in the hospital, where I saw Sungmin from afar already.

“Sungmin hyung,” I called. He looked up at me and then behind to see if there was anyone else with me. “Is it true?” I asked breathless as I reached him.

“True what?” he asked confused.

“That Xiao is …”

“Dead?” he snorted and looked away. “Go ask them, I’m not saying a thing.” He added and passed me, making me confused minute by minute more. I walked over to Leeteuk who was sitting on the chair, while Taemin was holding a little girl in his arms, who was crying.

“Leeteuk-shii,” I called and sat beside him. He twitched a little and looked at me.

“K-Kevin,” he stuttered and tried to say something more, but right at that time the doctor came out.

“Do you want to … see her?” he asked.

“Ne,” we all agreed.

“Follow me,” he said and started walking. We silently followed him in the long hallway, till we reached the room. He opened the doors and let us in, with him being outside.

“Eomma!” cried little girl as she ran to her bed, where she was lying looking into the ceiling, but quickly looked at all of us, smiling.

“Jinny,” she smiled lightly.

“Wait a second.” I said totally confused. Leeteuk looked at me and patted my back.

"I had no other choice..." he muttered.

“Kevin,” she smiled sadly. “I knew you’ll come.” she whispered.

“You’re confusing me. Aren’t you supposed to be … dead?” I asked.

“I am,” she said and slowly sat up, with the help of Taemin and Key. “I am dead…”

“But you’re … talking to me. Am I dreaming or what? Is this some kind of secret camera; because if it really is, than congratulations, you just pulled a prank on me.” I laughed awkwardly.

“Kevin, calm down…” Leeteuk said and put his hand on my right shoulder. Only then I realized in what state she was. She was like before, but with her head in bandage, so she can only see with her right eye.

“This is all a part of the plan I made …” she said and showed on the chairs and sofa behind us. We sat down, with me wanting to know what the heck she is thinking.

“What kind of plan?” I asked.

“Others know that I’m … dead, right?” she asked, not answering my question. I was quiet for a second, and then nodded, saying: “They know,”

“Good,” she smiled and patted Jinny’s back as she was still crying. “Mianhae Jinny that you had to go thru that…” she whispered to her.

“E-e-eomma,” she sobbed.

“It’s okay now,” Xiao smiled.

“Is she your …” I pointed at Jinny, but looking at Xiao.

“Aniyo, she’s not my daughter. She’s my little sister.” She chuckled. Somehow, she was back to herself now that we were in the room.

“Oh,” was all I said and leaned back, being quiet for the rest of the talk.

“The plan that I mentioned before,” she started and looked at everyone. “You mustn’t tell anyone about it, not even your pet, okay?” she asked, being serious. We quietly nodded.

“Now that I’m ‘dead’ and the news will spread around dorms very quickly I just want to say, protect Inna. She’s not the one that started this, though she hated me from the bottom; but she really isn’t the one that started. I was the one that started the fight and luckily it happened the way I wanted to.” She smiled.

“What do you mean the way I wanted to?” I busted out. “You know that you could have really been dead now!?”

“I know,” she smiled sadly. “I know that really well now; but I’m not and that’s the point…” she said.

“So what will you do now?” Donghae asked, preventing me to say anything more reckless.

“Taemin will sell the house in my name or you can burn it to the ground …”

“What about your parents?” Eunhyuk asked confused. “Won’t they be worried or shocked? I mean, do they even know you’re in hospital?” I looked from Eunhyuk back to Xiao, whose face darkened.

“The house means nothing to me anymore. It’s just a place full of memories I don’t want to remember.” She said and tightened her fist.

“Her parents and brother died in the car accident.” Taemin suddenly spoke.

“Bwoh?” everyone in the room screamed in one voice, widening our eyes.

“Jinja?” I asked, looking at Xiao. She didn’t answer, instead she continued: “After I'm discharged from hospital, I’ll go to USA with Jinny.”

“I’m totally confused now.” I said, raising my hands in the air.

“I’ll explain everything from the start, so don’t interrupt me, okay?” she said and looked at me.

“Okay,” I nodded and leaned forward.

“As I said before; the plan was to make me seen as a dead person. They need to think that I’m dead, so they can live a peaceful life. You know that AJ loves Inna and Inna loves AJ. They should be happily married couple, without anyone interfering or breaking them up, which someone will definitely come and tried to do. I told Inna about this plan, but I don’t think she knows about it by now. She must be pretty shocked, hearing that I’m dead.” She said.

“She is,” I muttered.

“So I need to ask a favor for all of you, especially you, Kevin. Since you know that I’m still alive, protect Inna, because they’ll probably break up. If you want, you can tell her what I told you, but protect her by any means, even if guys will ask you why are you on her side; just protect her, okay?” she asked, looking at me.

I was silent for a minute, but then nodded: “You have my word.” and smiled. She smiled back; giving me one of those smiles I loved the most.

“As for the house,” she continued and looked at others. “If you want, you can burn it to the ground or sell it. I don’t care what you’ll do with it. But I’m asking you one thing.” She looked at Taemin. “Taemin, you know detective that meet with us last week, right?” she asked. He nodded lightly. “We’ll need him.” She said. Taemin nodded again and walked out of the room, dialing a number into his phone.

“So you’ll really disappear, huh?” Sungmin asked sadly.

“Mianhae,” she muttered.

“Can we do anything else for you?” Leeteuk asked and walked closer to her.

“Stay healthy and come visit me.” she smiled.

“Heck we will!” Donghae yelled, jumping up. She chuckled, making Donghae blush and look to the ground.

“Will you go alone to USA?” Key asked. Xiao looked at him.

“Well, I’ll take Jinny with me.” answered Xiao.

“What about Taemin? Won’t he go with you?” I asked.

“He has lots of schedules with SHINee.” She smiled. “I don’t want to burden him with this.” She said and looked at Jinny, who fell asleep in her arms.

“Don’t worry about it,” Key chuckled. “We’re only having few interviews and some practice to do, nothing else.” He said.

“Which can last the whole life.” smiled Xiao.

“Yeah … you’re right, but then again, why doesn’t someone go with you? For accompany?” he asked.

“I don’t want anyone to bother.” She answered.

“I would go with you if we didn’t have any plans …” Donghae muttered.

“I can go with you.” I said. All eyes turned to me. “What?” I asked confused. “We won’t have any schedules for the next month, thanks to AJ’s wedding.” I said.

“Deal,” Taemin said as he stepped in the room.

“Deal about what?” Xiao asked confused as well as suspiciously.

“Kevin hyung will go with you in USA.” He smiled.

“But,” Xiao tried to offend, but Taemin only looked at her with serious look and shut her down. “Okay,” she sighed and looked down, making everyone surprise that she couldn’t say ‘no’ to Taemin.

~Xiao’s POV~

“So you want to change names?” detective asked after he came. “Jinny’s or yours?” he added and looked from Jinny to me.

“Both,” I smiled. “I want to change mine as well as Jinny’s.” I said and looked at her, who was happily playing together with Kevin and Taemin that decided to stay with me.

“I think I can arrange that, but I’m only arranging things, when a witness is in trouble.” He said.

“Think of me as someone that was supposed to be dead and think of Jinny as a witness.” I smiled.

“Since you’re talking the truth about it, I guess I can do it without problems.” He said. “And what about the house?” he remembered.

“I left that choice to the guys that were here before.” I answered.

“Are you sure about it? We still didn’t find any trace for the murders…” he said.

“It’s okay, detective.” I smiled and waved with hand. “It’s true I’m not planning to leave them alone, but if they’ll know that I and Jinny are in any relations with mom, dad and Jihun oppa, they’ll try to kill us as well…” I said.

“So the changing of the names is for finding the truth about your family as well?” he asked, surprised.

“Ne,” I nodded.

“And you decided to be an artist … We need people like you these days.” He said chuckling. I chuckled as well.

“Thank you, but I’m not moving away from what I want to be.” I said.

“Of course,” he nodded in agreement. “You should follow what you want. But if you’ll ever change your mind, you have my card.” He smiled.

“If I’ll changed my mind.” I smiled back.

“Well if that’s all I’m going to back to office and start arraigning things for you and Jinny.” He said and stood up.

“Kamsahamnida,” I bowed with head smiling.

“Don’t worry about it,” he waved with hand. “I’ll come back in a few days with new names, surnames and documents.”

“Okay,” I nodded.

“Oh, one more thing …” he remembered, after he tried to walk out.

“Dae?” I asked.

“Do you want Jinny to be listed as your daughter or sister?” he asked. I looked over to Jinny and thought for a second. Then I looked back at detective and said smiling: “Daughter,”

“Okay,” he smiled and walked out.

“Eomma~” Jinny suddenly called me and ran to me. She climbed on my bed and hugged me around my neck.

“Eh?” I was surprised. “What is this about?” I asked and then looked over to Kevin and Taemin who were chuckling.

“Saranghae~” Jinny sang and kissed me on the cheeks.

“Yah, Jinny, that’s for me to say it!” pouted Taemin and walked to us.

“She’s not your eomma!” Jinny stick her tongue out.

“Way to go Jinny!” Kevin laughed and patted her head, making Taemin giving a glare to Kevin.

“You guys are so funny.” I laughed and patted Jinny’s head.

Days passed by and now, we were standing on the airport, ready to leave. I, Jin Ae – before known as Xiao – am holding hands with Hyun Ae – before known as Jung Jinny – and are waiting for Kevin to come from the receptionist.

“Well, Jin Ae and Hyun Ae, are you ready?” Kevin asked smiling.

“I am,” I smiled.

“And you, Hyun Ae?” asked Kevin, looking at her. She thumbed up and smiled. “Good,” he chuckled and then looked at Taemin.

“Call me when you’ll land, okay?” he asked and looked at me with worry in his eyes.

“I will,” I nodded and kissed him on his lips. “Take care of yourself.” I smiled and then turned to Inna that was standing next to him, looking to the ground. “Inna,” I called her. She flinched a little and looked up at me. “I’m glad you came,” I smiled.

“Mianhae,” she bowed deeply.

“Don’t worry about it.” I chuckled. “I want you to be happy with AJ and don’t make him sad like I did. I didn’t deserved him from the moment we met.” I said and hugged her.

“N-ne,” she nodded and lightly hugged me back. “And I’m really sorry about what happened in the bathroom on that day. I was too furious to even think about anything.” she apologized again.

“I told you it’s okay. I was planning it from the beginning.” I smiled. Actually … that was a lie. I didn’t plan it from the beginning. It’s true that that night, when I heard about my family, I realized that I still love Taemin, but my love for AJ, didn’t disappeared right away. There was still something that kept my mind on thinking about him.

“Flight #448 is ready to depart. Passengers please appoint to the exit #4. We will depart in 20 minutes.” A female voice said thru speaker.

“Well, we should go now.” I smiled and looked at Taemin, giving him one last kiss.

“Don’t forget to call me, okay?” he said and looked into my eyes.

“I won’t, Minnie,” I chuckled and held a hand of Hyun Ae. “Let’s go, Hyun Ae,” I smiled at her.

“Ne,” she smiled back, but then she suddenly let go of my hand and ran to Taemin, hugging him. “Saranghae appa~” she sang.

“B-bwoh?” stuttered Taemin, surprised by her actions.

“Appa,” she smiled and looked at him. Because of Taemin’s expression on his face I couldn’t help but started laughing my heart out as well as Kevin, Inna and Hyun Ae. Right after he realized that we were laughing at him, he put a hand over his face and blushed.

“Well, appa, we’re going.” I , making him blush even more.

“J-just go,” he stuttered, looking away. I chuckled and kissed him again before I started walking towards exit. “Don’t forget to call!” he yelled. I smiled at him, nodding as well as waving.

Slowly walking on the long hallway to the plane, I was thinking on my new life; life, where there is no AJ, a life, where Lee Jin Ae is a young mother, leaving to United States of America together with her daughter Lee Hyun Ae and her friend Kevin Woo. What will bring new life for us? We’ll see when we’ll land.

A/N: Thank you for subscribing and commenting. :)