Chapter 28: The truth is out

I never wanted to fall for you [HIATUS]

“First you’ll go back to school like normally.” He started explaining. I was quietly listening to him.

“And then?” I asked.

“Second, let him approach to you. Talk with him normally, like you always did.” He said and continued. “Third; if he’ll ask you anything about your true identity, just tell him the truth. You won’t be able to keep it for long, but you’ll be at least move the stone from your heart.”

“I don’t know, Kevin…” I sighed. “I really don’t know…”

“Look, Xiao, you have to believe me on this. It’ll be the best for you and him. You both will be at peace if you’ll talk with each other, solving the misunderstanding that you two created.” He said.

“Okay, you got me,” I said and leaned back on the chair. “But for this week, I’ll stay at home, since my ankle hurts like hell.” I whined.

“That’s what you get from running away.” He chuckled.

“Yah! It’s not my fault!” I groaned.

“It is, a part.” He chuckled again. I sighed and bit my lower lip.

“What about the others?” I asked. There was silence between us for a minute. “Do they know? Did he tell them?”

“They don’t know…yet,” he said quietly, barely hearing him. “They’ll probably find the truth sooner or later.” He added. “Sorry, have to go. We’re making new song, so…yeah, talk to you later.” He said.

“Okay, later~” I sang and hanged up, sighing deeply.

“And?” asked Anne. I glanced at her and then in front.

“I’m going to doctor.” I said and slowly stood up. Anne quickly stepped to me and helped me. “Will you come with us?” I asked Jinny. She stopped eating again and looked from one to another. Then she shook her head, continuing to eat. I smiled and nodded lightly and just then the front doors opened, revealing Mason.

“Ah, you came at the right time.” I smiled. He looked from Anne to me worriedly. “Will keep an eye on Jinny, while we’ll be away?” I asked.

“S-sure,” he nodded. “What happened to you?” he asked.

“I just sprained my ankle, nothing else.” I chuckled, scratching the back of my head. “We’ll go to doctor now, that’s why I asked…” I laughed and looked back into kitchen, where she was still eating. “Don’t eat too much, if you don’t want to get fat.” I told her. She instantly released the spoon and leaned back.

“Let the poor kid eat, stupid…” Anne smacked my head laughing. I chuckled and looked back at Jinny who started eating again.

“We’re going now,” I said and stomped my way to the car.

“Watch on the road.” Mason said. Anne only nodded and closed the doors after I sat on the passenger’s seat.

***

“Well, everything is okay with your ankle. It’s just sprained a little, so there won’t be any dancing for a month, just in case.” The doctor said.

“What!?” I squealed. “You’ve got to be kidding me.” I protested. “I have to be in Gaga’s video.”

“Well, you won’t be.” The doctor sighed.

“You’ve got to be kidding me.” I sighed and leaned back, cursing under my breath.

“Is there really no way that her ankle can heal before?” Anne suddenly asked. I looked at her and then at doctor who was looking at her.

“I told you…there is no way.” She sighed and folded the papers. “You’ll get an elastic bandage so you better use it; it might heal your ankle before than one month.” She said. My face lightened up. “But don’t expect too much.” She quickly said.

“Yes,” I nodded and stood up with the help of Anne. “Thank you,” I smiled and bowed.

“It’s okay,” she muttered. “Go now,” she added as she waved with hand to go out.

“At least it’s not broken.” Anne sighed from relief.

“I told you,” I glanced at her smiling. “It’s only sprained, nothing else.” I said, obviously happy that I might start dancing before one month passes by.

***

“Xiao!” his voice woke me from my daydreaming as I was thinking on the moves of Judas by Lady Gaga.

“Y-yeah?” I stuttered and coughed, looking down.

“Do you have time?” he asked. From the book, I looked up at him and then around, seeing that mostly, everyone is ignoring us, including Anne; they all knew what was going on.

“Yeah,” I sighed, knowing that this day will become sooner or later. Trying to stand up, he offered his hand. I took it and he lifted me up, helping me to walk. We walked down the hallway, with others looking at us, until we reached the rooftop.

“So, what do you want to talk about?” I asked quietly.

“It’s not that I’m blaming you or anything, but I just want to know … the truth…” he said, quietly as well, looking away. Biting my lower lip, I looked from the floor at AJ and then away.

“The truth,” I whispered.

“Yes,” he nodded. “Why didn’t you contact us? Why didn’t you … at least send a letter that you’re alive? Why didn’t you … come back?” he asked.

“I couldn’t contact you, because I lost all my stuff in the airplane crash. I couldn’t send a letter, because I was in coma for two weeks. I didn’t come back, because I thought…” the last words hanged in the air.

“Why?” he asked again.

“The truth is…” I started and looked at him as he was already looking at me. “When I woke up that day, I heard doctor saying that I won’t be able to walk for a while. On top of that, I thought …” the words hanged in the air for the second time.

“You thought what?” he asked and kneeled in front of me. “Just tell me…” he begged with his brown eyes, making my heart skip a bit.

“I loved you, I really did. But when I heard about your marriage with Inna, I knew you forgot me, like an owner forgets his dog; I felt like that.” I muttered.

“I loved you since the first day I saw you.” He said, holding my hands. “When I heard about airplane accident, I thought I’ll never see you again; I was depressed, and couldn’t come out of the room for a week…”

“But when you came out of the room, you started dating Inna.” I smiled painfully. He didn’t deny it, but only looked away. “You know why I didn’t come back?” I asked him. He looked back at me. “It’s because I thought you’ll come to see if I’m really dead.” I chuckled, scratching the back of the neck.

“Y-you did?” he stuttered.

“Yeah, I did wait for you,” I smiled and looked back at him. “But I guess we weren’t meant for each other, right? You found Miss perfect and I found out who I really love.” I said and slowly stood up as he kept kneeling on the same spot. I slowly stomped over the fence, where I looked down on the guys that were having free time.

“Though it was only a little of the time, you never left my head; that’s true.” I continued. “I hope you’re not angry or mad at me, because I was deceiving you for, almost, two years…I think.” I muttered. As I tried to turn around a pair of hands wrapped me into tight hug.

“A-AJ?” I stuttered from surprise.

“Shush,” he murmured. I shut my mouth and we stood there for a while.

“It’s time for class…” I said quietly and turned around, suddenly feeling something soft on my lips. My eyes widened from surprise, seeing AJ’s face so close to me, just like on that day when he kissed me for the first time.

“Y-yah!” I stuttered and pushed him away. “You’re married, for goodness sake and she’s pregnant!” I squealed with my face drowning in deep red color.

“I had to do it.” He said.

“You had to!?” I squealed. “Who do you think I am? A property that can be tossed around?” I asked, putting hands on my hips. “Sorry to disappoint you, but I’m no one’s property!” I hissed and tried to leave, when he stopped me, holding my wrist tightly.

“What?!” I asked, turning around.

“Who’s that little girl with you? Is she really your daughter?” he asked. My eyes twitched a little and looked away.

“She’s not my daughter, but since I changed my names, she is.” I answered. He was confused. “Officially she’s my little sister, but now … she’s my daughter.” I explained.

“What about your parents and brother?” he asked. I didn’t answer him, instead I looked away. “Xiao?” he called me with his sweet voice that made me tremble every time.

“I should be in their place, not the other way around.” was everything I said and left the rooftop. After I came back into classroom, AJ stepped soon after me and sat on his seat, acting like nothing happened. I did the same, but there was something wrong with the air in the class. It was tense.

Out of nowhere I got a little paper.

So? Was the question; obviously from Anne. I sighed and crumbled the paper.

Then came another one…

Spit out, Xiao! the second paper.

I crumbled the paper again and raised my hand.

“Yes, Xiao?” the teacher asked.

“Can I go to the bathroom?” I asked.

“Yes,” she nodded. I stood up and stomped my way to the bathroom, where I locked myself in and typed his number.

“Yeoboseyo?” he picked up.

“He knows,” I sighed.

“What? Who? Where? When?” he asked all confused.

“AJ knows my identity.” I said.

“How?” he was confused.

“He’s in the same university as me, where I’m using my real name.” I explained him everything.

“Oh,” was everything he said. “What will you do now?” he asked after a minute of silence.

“I don’t know; you tell me…” I sighed.

“We have a concert in few months there, so we’ll talk there, arraso?” he said.

“Arraso,” I nodded. “Taemin-ah,” I whispered his name.

“Dae?” he asked quietly, almost whispering.

“I’m just asking this, but...” I tried to continue, but the connection suddenly broke. “Taemin?” I asked into phone, but all I could hear was beep, beep, beep sound.

~Taemin’s POV~

“Yah, hyung!” I yelled as Minho accidently took my phone which crushed to the floor, falling apart.

“Ah, mianhae,” he apologized, picking the pieces of my phone.

“Ugh,” I groaned. “I was just talking with Xiao and you decided to in.” I sighed, obviously angry.

“Come on, maknae, don’t be angry so much.” Key chuckled. I pierced my eyes at him, when Onew suddenly lifted me on his shoulder and throw me on the bed.

“W-what are you doing?” I asked confused.

“Teaching you manners.” said Onew calmly. I strangely looked at him and then at guys who were shaking their heads.

“I don’t care about manners, it’s hyung’s fault that my phone broke!” I pointed at Minho.

“Yah, how are you talking to elders?” Onew scolded me.

“You’re not that old!” I protested.

“I’m still older than you!” he said back.

“Okay, grandpa!” I stuck my tongue at him and escaped out of the room and out of the dorm, quickly grabbing jacket, before escaping out.

“Whoa, Taemin-ah,” I heard a familiar voice from behind as I was walking down the street. I looked behind and saw a female standing in front of me.

Another update. I hope you like till now...and as always, there are some pictures, that I found on internet^^

gotta laugh at this one x'D

Since Christmas is coming up ^^,

His expression - cute :3

Minho was my first bias ever and he still is.. On top of that ... I can't believe this, but ... he has one day after me the birthday and I was freaking out like an idiot, when I saw about it. And Onew.. he ... he has 6 days later than me.. Kyaa~