Chapter 36: What should I do?

I never wanted to fall for you [HIATUS]

“Ruin their career?” asked Xiao and looked at Inna.

“You just sounded like you will.” She said, looking straight into her eyes.

“Ruin their career…” she murmured. A sudden smile appeared on her lips as she tapped her chin. “Not bad,” she nodded to herself.

“Xiao, I won’t let you do it.” Inna said strictly.

“Why would I listen to you?” she asked coldly. “I just told my whole plan and you’ll stop me?” she raised an eyebrow. “How will you stop me?” she crossed her arms.

“Damn it, Xiao. Didn’t you suffer the most already?” she raised her voice and stood up. “He’s human, for goodness sake. You’ll ruin his life, not just career.”

“And what am I?!” Xiao raised her voice as well. “I’m not human? Apparently not, since I’m emotionless, right?” She scoffed and looked away. “Thanks a lot, Kim Inna.” She said in sarcasm and left. Jinny was standing there for a minute as Inna watched Xiao disappearing in front of her eyes.

“Xiao wasn’t always like that,” she whispered, gaining Inna’s attention.

“What?” Inna was confused.

“Xiao was cheerful here. She was happy, though her nights were sleepless. She didn’t sleep a lot, since nightmares always haunted her.” She was talking quietly. “No one knows about this, only I and Anne knows. Even Xiao doesn’t know what she’s talking in her sleep; all she remembers is the restless nights when she wakes up in the middle.” Jinny let a quiet sigh out and looked down at her feet.

“I don’t know what her relationship with Taemin was, but I can see that she’s suffering a lot when she’s with him. Though she’s pretending, she’s suffering a lot.” She added and left Inna speechless.

“Suffering?” she murmured to herself. After a minute, she walked back inside and sat next to AJ. He was startled by her sudden appearance and her expression.

“Is everything okay?” he asked as he leaned closer.

“Jaeseop,” she called him.

“Yeah?” he asked, now getting worried by second more.

“I-I need to ask you something…” she whispered and looked at him.

“S-sure,” he nodded. “Right now?” he asked and looked around. Inna nodded, standing up and walked with AJ out of the room.

“What’s wrong?” he asked and held her hand. “Is everything okay?”

“Nothing is fine,” she sighed and closed her eyes. “Xiao will try to get revenge on Taemin.” She said and looked at AJ whose eyes widened from surprise and shock,

“W-what?” he stuttered. “Revenge? She’s still thinking that stupid thing?” he sighed.

“It seems so,” Inna whispered. “But tell me…what was she like when you met her?” she asked and held his hands.

“I don’t really know her past, but when I met her she was bullied because she was ‘dating’ Taemin. She never showed any emotions, only when we hanged out with her she started showing them.” He explained. “Otherwise, about her past, you should ask her family.” He said shrugging.

“They’re dead.” She whispered.

“What?” AJ was confused again.

“Her family is dead. All of them…her mother, father and her brother.” She said and looked passed him when she saw her walking to table where Britney was sitting.

“What do you mean dead?” he asked.

“They died when you thought she was dead.” She explained. “She only has her sister, Jinny, and that is all that remained from her family.” She said and looked back at AJ who was looking at Inna with shock written all over his face.

“B-But…h-how?” he stuttered.

“I don’t know…” Inna sighed. “She told me that they got into car accident when they tried to leave to America to find out if she really is dead or not. But on the way a truck hit them from in front.” She explained shortly.

“Man,” he murmured and looked back in the room, where Xiao was laughing as she was talking with Britney. “But it doesn’t seem like she’s sad or anything else.” He sighed.

“I know, right? But on what Jinny told me, she’s not happy, not at all.” She murmured and suddenly an idea came up in her head. “Anne!” she called her, when she walked out of the room.

“Oh, Inna,” she smiled and walked to the couples. “What are you doing out here? I thought you two were inside.” She smiled and looked from one to another.

“There’s no time for this.” She murmured. “Tell me something,” she said and held her hands, looking straight into her eyes.

“W-what?” she stuttered, suddenly feeling nervous.

“How is Xiao here? In USA?” she asked.

“What?” Anne was confused by her sudden question. “How is Xiao like in USA? Why?” she asked and looked in the room, right at her.

“She’s planning something.” She answered. “Please, Anne,” she begged.

“As far as I know, she’s barely smiling again.” Answered Anne and let a sigh out. “Ever since I know her, she was smiling a lot, but there were times that she barely spoke a word in whole month. In a way I understood that it was because of loss of their parents, but later I found out that it’s because of the nightmares she’s like that.” She explained.

“Nightmares?” asked AJ confused.

Anne nodded, continuing. “I heard her once waking up in the middle of the night. She was screaming like someone was tormenting her. Afraid that she might do something, I hugged her tightly until she calmed down. Jinny that was sleeping in the other room came inside and hugged her as well. She told me about her previous nights when it was the same. It shocked me when she said that she has nightmares ever since she heard about death of her parents, but it seems that Taemin doesn’t know about this.” She murmured and narrowed her brows.

“I knew this day would come sooner or later, but I have to say, that whatever she’s planning…no one will be happy at the end. None of us.” She added and looked back at AJ and Inna. “I advise you, don’t keep in touch with her as much as you are now or you’ll be broken.”

“We’ve been through a lot. You think this time it will be harder?” asked AJ and worriedly looked at Anne.

“This time…it will be much worse.” She sighed. “Not just families, but careers will be broken as well.” She looked in the hall room.

“W-what can we do?” asked Inna quietly as she slowly touched her stomach.

“Nothing,” answered Anne and let another sigh out. “We can just hope and pray that she’ll soon forget everything, or that one day she’ll wake up, forgetting everything.” She said and walked back inside the hall room with Inna and AJ behind.

They sat down on their seats and talked like they did before. From time to time they looked at Xiao who was calmly talking with others, but you could see in her actions that sometimes she got tensed up, especially when Super Junior or SHINee was near her.

The night came to an end. Everyone was leaving, including SHINee, except U-KISS who decided to stay on a vacation.

“I’ll call you once we come back to Seoul.” Said Taemin and smiled while he was standing on the doorway with Xiao and Jinny next to her.

“Nae,” Xiao smiled and nodded.

“See you,” he smiled and kissed her cheek. Inna, that was observing from afar, could see that they stopped showing their affection towards each other, like they used to.

“I’ll miss you,” pouted Key and hugged Xiao.

“I’ll miss you too,” she smiled back and patted him.

“I’ll hope you’ll quickly come to Korea.” Smiled Minho and ruffled her hair.

“Ya, stop messing with my hair!” she groaned. He laughed and shook with his head.

“I hope you’ll make some chicken when you come to Korea.” Onew smiled widely.

“You just want to eat chicken nothing else…” Jonghyun rolled with his eyes. Xiao let a quiet chuckle out and glanced at Taemin who was standing beside them, completely lost in his thoughts.

“We’re going now,” smiled Key. “See you in a while.” He waved.

“See you,” Xiao smiled and waved back. She watched them until they disappeared in distance, making her smile disappear from her lips.

“Xiao,” called her AJ. She stood there, watching into distance, where not too long ago a black van was driving. She kept staring, until Jinny pulled her hand.

“I’m sorry,” she smiled and turned around. “You called me,” she said and looked at AJ.

“Don’t do it,” he shook with his head. “You’re hurting too much already.” He said and walked to her.

“Yeah,” she let a bitter chuckle out and looked away. “It does seem pathetic to take revenge, right?” she asked and looked back at guys.

“You won’t solve anything with revenge.” Spoke Kevin and smiled sadly. “We’ll always be here for you.” He said and held her hand.

“Thanks,” she said nodding lightly. Then she looked down at Jinny who suddenly yawned. “Shall we go home?” she asked her. Jinny rubbed her eyes and nodded slowly. “Anne, will y-”

“Just go,” Anne smiled. “You both need sleep.” She said and hugged Xiao. “Especially you,” she whispered.

“Thank you,” whispered Xiao and looked at U-Kiss. “Thanks for coming all the way from Korea.” She bowed lightly.

“No problem,” smiled Eli.

“It was fun seeing guys’ shocked faces.” laughed Dongho, gaining a smack from Kevin.

“I’m glad you enjoyed.” Xiao smiled. “We’ll be going now,” she said and lifted Jinny in her arms.

“Isn’t she heavy?” asked Seohyun worried.

“Aniyo,” Xiao waved with head. “She’s pretty light.” She chuckled. “See you,” she added and walked over to her car. It was near morning already when the two of them reached home.

“You sure sleep tightly…” Xiao chuckled and piggy-back Jinny into house, upstairs into her room, where she laid her into her bed and covered her.

“Xiao…” Jinny called her when she almost walked out.

“Yeah?” she turned around and looked at her baby sister.

“Don’t do anything…it hurts me seeing you sad and crying…” she rubbed her eyes sadly. Xiao sadly smiled and walked out, closing the doors behind. She stood there for a second, until she forced herself to walk into her room, where she leaned on doors and slid down into squatting position.

“Then what should I do?” she whispered and buried her face into palms.


A/N

Sorry I haven't updated in a month. I kind of didn't know what to write.. but now I know, yet another problem is school. I have three more weeks left and in these three weeks I have to get everything done, so I won't update for a while.

Comment and subscribe