Chapter 11: 0330

I never wanted to fall for you [HIATUS]

~Seoul, South Korea; 03/30/, 03:30~

~No One's POV~

Sitting on the bench, outside the house Mrs. Yun was silently looking at stars. Suddenly she felt like an arrow just went thru her heart and ripped it in pieces. She put hand on her chest, breathing deeply, but something told her that ... something happened, something bad. She slowly stood up and walked inside, to go to sleep.

Meanwhile AJ was looking at his phone from time to time, expecting a message.

On the other side of town, a girls group had a pajama party together with boys at girls’ dorm.

But there was a group talking about Xiao, while the other boy group was already soundly sleeping.

~12pm; TV News~

Their whole world broke down.

Today, on 30th March, an airplane crash occurred. If there are any survivors, we still don't know, but one thing is sure. On this plane, American singer Britney Spears was flying home. Interviewer said.

U-Kiss, 2NE1 and Big Bang gathered together and hoped for everything better.

“We were still laughing yesterday...” Bom sobbed. Dara only hugged her and bit her lower lip.

On the other side, there were shock faces as well.

“O-omo! Wasn't Xiao with Britney?” Sungmin asked and pointed on TV.

In few floors lower dorm, guys weren't as shock as others, but they still couldn't believe their eyes and ears.

“She can't be dead! I still have some unfinished business with her!” Taemin slammed the table angrily and stomped into his room, slamming doors.

For one thing he was right. She wasn’t dead, but something alongside died.

~14/04/; New York hospital; No one’s POV~ (A/N: Talking in English)

“How is she?” Britney asked, standing, when doctor came in.

“She took many injuries; more than you, but she will survive.” Doctor smiled gently at her.

“H-how long will she stay like this?” she asked again.

“We don’t know. Perhaps she’ll wake up today, tomorrow, next week … we don’t know.” Doctor shrugged. “But there is one thing …” she continued. Britney looked from Xiao back to doctor.

“What?” she asked.

“You said that she was training to be a dancer, right?” she asked back. Britney only nodded. “Well, there’s a chance, she won’t be able to dance for awhile, because of her injury.”

“W-what?” Britney stuttered.

“What do you mean by she won’t be able to dance for a while?” Xiao’s voice overtook doctor, before she could explain anything. Britney and doctor looked at her in surprise.

“Your legs took most of your damage, so it’ll take a while to recover.” She explained.

“Arraso,” Xiao smiled. “I just have to go step by step, right?” she asked. Doctor nodded; surprised that she took it calmly.

“If you need anything just press the button here.” She said and pointed on red button above her bed. Xiao looked at it and nodded. Doctor left the room so Xiao and Britney were alone.

“I’m sorry,” Xiao started and looked at Britney.

“Why are you sorry for?” Britney asked surprised. “I should be the one apologizing, because I brought you to America the same day you got boyfriend.”

“Ah,” Xiao gasped and looked around for her phone.

“Everything got destroyed in airplane crash.” She said after she saw her looking for my phone.

“Aso,” she muttered. “I should call them, because they probably think I’m … wait.” she stopped before she continued.

“What?” Britney asked confused as a small smile crossed Xiao’s face.

“Nothing,” Xiao smiled looking at her. “Do you, by any chance, know when I’ll be discharged?” she asked, before she could ask or say anything.

“No,” she shook her head. “But I’ll say to Mason to keep you company. Somehow you two are going along together.” She smiled.

“How is Mason?” Xiao asked, remembering. “I know he was sitting in front of me on the plane.” she muttered adding.

“He took some damage too, but it’s okay, since he’s a tough guy.” Britney smiled again. “He’s already discharged from hospital and will come to you after lunch, okay?” she added and looked at her, speechless.

“N-ne,” Xiao stuttered nodding. “A-are you discharged as well?” she asked interested.

“Not yet,” she smiled. “The doctor said that I’ll be discharged today or at least tomorrow.” She said and sat on the bed.

“I wonder when I’ll be …” Xiao muttered under her breath quietly.

“You’ll be soon, I’m sure of it.” Britney smiled at her. Xiao smiled at her, saying: “Hope so,”

“I’ve got news,” Doctor suddenly came in, making Britney and Xiao flinch and almost gave them a heart attack.

“W-what news?” asked Britney.

“You can both go home today, but still need to come to hospital on a regular check up.” She smiled.

“Really?” asked Xiao surprised.

“Really,” doctor nodded and stepped closer. “We already checked you up, when you were in coma for two weeks…”

“Two weeks!?” screamed Xiao, making Britney flinch and almost jump from bed. “What do you mean I was in coma for two weeks?” she asked a little quieter, but still, she was angry and somehow … sad.

“As I told you before; you took most of the damage, more than Britney.” She said.

“Arraso,” Xiao nodded.

“Well, but for now, you’ll have to be on a wheelchair, so we’ll give you one.” Doctor explained to her and Britney.

“Thank you,” Britney smiled.

“It’s okay,” doctor waved with hand and then looked at Xiao. “I hope you’ll get quick better. I want to see you dance.” and winked.

“H-how do you know?” Xiao stuttered.

“YouTube,” she smiled. “Xiao Yun singing on the song of Daughtry, Home; and dancing on the song of Britney Spears, Baby One More Time…” She added, smiling. Xiao turned to Britney.

“That’s how you found me…” she pointed at her.

“Exactly,” Britney smiled nodding. “I saw your potential and how hard you were working.” She said, looking at Xiao.

“B-but how did those videos even ended on YouTube?” Xiao asked confused, but quickly remembered. “U-KISS, Big Bang and 2NE1…” she muttered and cursed.

~At Britney’s home; Xiao’s POV~

“Your house is … big.” I stuttered the last word as Mason helped me out of the car.

“It’s nothing big,” Britney smiled and slowly walked to the doors. “Make yourself at home.” She added and opened the doors. Mason was pushing me on the wheelchair while I was looking around with wide open mouth.

“If you’d like to go anywhere, just call me.” Mason said after he led me into a big bedroom.

“N-ne,” I nodded, looking around, still surprised. He smiled and few minutes later, some girls brought me clothes.

“W-what is this?” I asked.

“Ms. Britney said to give it to you, since your clothes got lost …” a light brunette girl, in her middle 20’s, said.

“Eh?” I gasped. “But I can’t accept these clothes …” I whined and right then she stepped in.

“Don’t worry, Xiao; as long as you’re working with me on the new video it’ll be fine.” She smiled.

“Aish,” I muttered under my breath, knowing that I’ll have to do what she says. “Okay,” I nodded. “Thank you, Britney.” I smiled.

“Just call me Brit,” she smiled widely and waved with hand. “And one more thing,” she turned around after she almost got out.

“Dae?” I asked.

“You can explore the house as much as you want and if you want … you can go swimming in the swimming pool behind house.” She said.

“Omo,” I gasped, obviously surprised that she has a swimming pool, so I can go swim without paying. Britney saw my face and laughed.

“I’ll get you a pair of swimsuit as well.” She said and left my room. I widely smiled and stretched my arms, wondering loudly in Korean: “Have I come into heaven?”

Days were passing by, as well as weeks. With training hard, Xiao barely slept more than 5 hours per week. She was mostly training 24/7, though Britney told her to take a rest, so she won’t get herself sick; but Xiao, as stubborn as she is, she didn’t. All she did was training, training and training.

Before Xiao noticed, one year already passed by, Xiao was humming walking down the street, right on the 03/30/ in New York.

A/N: Talking in Korean

“Jinny~” Someone called my name suddenly. I turned around and saw brunette man running to me, waving with his hand in the air. I looked strangely at him, but then quickly remembered and pointed at him.

“Ah~” I gasped. I jumped in the air few times, making some people stare at me, and then ran to him, hugging him tightly. “L. Joe!” I screamed, accidently into his ear. “I haven’t seen you for ages,” I said after I released him and looked into his brownish chocolate eyes.

“Of course you could see me,” he smirked and ruffled my hair. “I was in Korea.”

Just one word. Just one word made my smile disappear. Just one word made me remember my selfishness towards them; towards him, towards the man, I love.

L. Joe saw that and quickly realized what he said. Somehow the words Korea or anything related to it was a taboo for me. I couldn’t stand to hear it.

“Sorry,” he muttered and bit his lip.

“It’s okay,” I smiled and patted his head. “Did you get smaller by any chance? You seem smaller.” I teased. His cheeks turned lightly reddish and coughed, making me laugh. “Oh come on, don’t take it seriously … shortie.” I teased again.

“It’s not my fault I’m so short.” He muttered under his breath. “Anyway,” he suddenly changed the subject before I could say anything else. “What are you doing here?” he asked and looked at me.

“Just buying some clothes, while I’m waiting for Brit to come…” I answered, starting to walk again, with L. Joe walking beside me.

“Arraso,” he muttered. “You know, our band has a concert in New York tomorrow,” He started.

“Okay, and what’s your point?” I asked, before he could continue.

“I’m bugging you with this for a month already …” he sighed silently.

“And my answer is still the same. No.” I repeated the millionth time.

“Aish,” he cursed. “Pwetty pwease?” he begged with his aegyo. I looked at him and his aegyo and bit my lip.

“Wae are you making such … faces?” I whined and sighed nodding.

“Saranghaeyo Jinny~” L. Joe hugged me tightly. I shook my head and sighed again.

“But wae are you begging me to do it?” I asked, though I knew that Chunji was sick, for the whole month already.

“Chunji is still sick and the dancers can’t dance as well as you can.” L. Joe smiled. “On top of that, you can dance the moves for our song To You pretty well.” He added and looked into my eyes. I let a laugh out and waved with hand.

“I can’t dance as well as you can, but I’ll do my best.” I smiled.

“Gomawo Jinny.” smiled L. Joe again.

Xiao!” suddenly Britney called me. I turned around and saw her waving to me. Then I turned back to L. Joe and smiled saying: “Want to come along?”

“C-can I?” He stuttered.

“Of course you can, pabo.” I smiled and waved for him to come. When we reached Britney I asked if L. Joe can come along and she happily agreed. We walked few more streets and then stopped in front of RCA building.

“So this is where she’s working …” L. Joe thought to himself. I smiled, making both of us Britney confused.

It’s nothing,” I smiled at her. She smiled back and we all went inside, making L. Joe even more surprised.

“You know Joe, can you wipe your … droll here?” I teased, making him blush again.

“You’re really mean, you know …” L. Joe cursed and looked away.

“I’m sorry,” I laughed and take his hand, walking after Britney. After we reached the dance room, L. Joe sat on the chair, in the corner, and watched us how we’re getting ready for the song.

Ready?” Britney looked at all of us that were dancing.

Yeah,” we all said. Britney looked back at the girl next to the radio and nodded. She clicked on the radio and the song started playing; Till the world ends.

Soon L. Joe joined us, by the request of Britney. At first he didn’t want to, but because I insisted too, he ended up joining; but at the end, only L. Joe and I were dancing, moreover having a competition.

I bet he’ll be the winner …” a girl said that was sitting on the floor, chatting together with a guy and a girl.

He? The winner? You’ve got to be kidding me. I snorted, making L. Joe curious.

“What … are you … thinking?” he asked panting, but still dancing.

“No…thing …” I said back, panting as well. He chuckled. “Where … do you get … so much … energy?” I muttered and finally fell on the ground. I tried to look up at him, but he was already lying on the floor, panting as hell.

“I … should be … the one … asking you…” he said and pointed at me, without looking where I was.

I can’t believe she beat him.” the girl said, that bet on L. Joe. I smirked and muttered: “Told you,”

Congrats on winning,” Britney smiled and offered me her hand.

Thanks …” I said, after I took a deep breath and take her hand, jumping from the floor. I stepped to L. Joe who was looking like a dead person. “Yah, Lee Byunghyun,” I called, kicking his foot. He raised his head and looked at me.

“Bwoh?” he asked.

“Stand up,” I said and offered my hand. “Let’s go on a ice cream.” I smiled. He took my hand smirking and stood up.

Good work today, guys!” Britney clapped with hands, with a smile on her face.

Good work,” both, L. Joe and I said at the same time. We looked at each other surprised and smiled at our synchronization.

~L. Joe’s POV~

We packed our stuff and walked out of RCA building. Britney and Xiao were talking to each other for a while, until they went parted ways; Britney into her car, Xiao towards me.

Now that I really look at her … I’ve never seen her like this before; her chocolate brown hair in a high, messy pony tail and her brownish eyes looking down, but then looked straight at me. She was funny, cute and adorable, has a sense of humor, sometimes loves too much to tease, but the most important thing … she never lets you down and always brings a smile on your face no matter how sad, angry, irritated or mad have you been the whole day.

“What?” She asked.

“Nothing,” I smiled and turned around. I could feel she was looking at me for few seconds, until she decided to follow me. “So, where are we going?” I asked and glanced at her with an angle of my left eye.

“I told,” she smiled. “On ice cream; I know a really god seller who sells the delicious ice cream, in this era.” She said. You could see, just by how she was sounding, that she enjoyed in it, whenever she get one.

I laughed, making her confused.

“What?” she asked again.

“Nothing,” I said and laughed again. “It’s just that, you somehow remind me on Ricky.” I muttered.

“I remember you on Jinny?” I suddenly heard a voice behind. We, Xiao and I, both turned around and saw five boys standing, now in front of us.

“Hey guys,” Xiao waved smiling.

“Xiao,” Chunji muttered and immediately ran to her, hugging.

“Whoa,” Xiao gasped surprised. “What’s wrong?” she asked and hugged him back.

“Ricky hit me.” he whined. I laughed, knowing that Chunji was teasing Ricky, not Ricky Chunji. I shook my head and started talking with C.A.P. and Niel about the concert.

~Xiao’s POV~

“Eh?” I was surprised. “But Chunji … you’re older than Ricky …” I didn’t get it.

“I know~” he sang. “But he … he’s doing it on purpose …”

I looked at Ricky who was talking with L. Joe.

“Ricky,” I called him. He looked at me. “How can you tease Chunji, who is older than you, and on top of all this … hit him?” I asked.

“I didn’t hit him.” He defended. “He hit me.” he said, pointing at Chunji. “Look, he’s sticking his tongue out and grinning evilly!”

I looked at Chunji, but his face was like an owner just beat up his dog. I looked back at Ricky who was staring at him with his mouth wide open.

“Forget it,” I sighed lightly. “Let’s all go on a ice cream, what do you say?” I asked, looking from Chunji to others.

“Sure,” C.A.P. nodded.

“Fine with me,” Niel nodded.

“Okay,” Chunji smiled, taking my hand and stuff I was holding.

“Yay, ice cream!” yelled Ricky and Changjo, jumping up and down the street. I laughed and started talking with Chunji, while we were walking down the street till we reached an old ice cream van. Behind it, it was an old man, in his 70’s already. As soon as he saw me, he smiled widely and waved at me.

Grandpa~” I sang and waved back.

“Grandpa?” asked Teen Top confused.

“I call him grandpa, since he’s like a family to me.” I explained.

“Oooh~” they all sang in synchronization. I looked back at grandpa and smiled.

I brought my friends with me, so we can eat some delicious ice cream.” I said.

You know, you’re always welcomed.” He smiled and then looked at ice cream. “So, which one do you want?” he asked.

For me the one I always order.” I smiled gently. He smiled and gave me vanilla and chocolate flavor.

Here you go,” he smiled.

Thanks,” I smiled back and took it, now turning to others. “Order what you want, I’ll pay for it.” I said and started ice cream.

“You sure you’ll pay it?” L. Joe asked worriedly.

“Ne,” I nodded and looked at him. “Wae?” I asked. He didn’t say anything, but only pointed at Ricky, Changjo and Chunji who were fighting over each other about who will order. I smiled and shook my head.

“Guys,” I called them. They turned around and looked at me. “First is C.A.P. who is oldest, then is Chunji,” Chunji stick his tongue out at Ricky and Changjo. “After Chunji are L. Joe, Niel, Ricky and Changjo…”

“Ha, I’m before you!” Ricky pointed at Changjo who was pouting and making sad faces.

“Or maybe Changjo will be first.” I thought loudly. I saw Ricky’s face and immediately fell in laugh. He was disappointed like hell. “Don’t worry Ricky, you’ll get your ice cream.” I said and patted his shoulder.

“Che,” he muttered and went behind, so now he was the last in the lineup. I smiled and looked at Chunji who was biting his lip and then stepped behind Ricky.

“What are you doing?” Ricky asked.

“Letting you to first have an ice cream?” Chunji asked. Ricky looked at him from head to toe.

“You’re looking fishy!” he muttered. Chunji smiled and then looked up into sky, waiting for his turn. I smiled as well, while C.A.P. stepped next to me, his ice cream.

“It’s really good,” he muttered. I smiled again and winked: “Told you,”

“You all have your ice cream?” I asked and looked from one to another as they were busy eating it. “I guess you do,” I muttered and turned to grandpa. “I’ll pay for everything.” I smiled.

Since you’re, especially, cute today and bringing your friends here, I won’t charge you.” He smiled and winked.

Eh?” I was surprised. “But grandpa, you have to make a living too.” I whined and gave him 50$.

I told you it’s for free.” He said and gave 50$ back, but I refused.

No, grandpa; you did it the same last time I was here. Just take it.” I said stubborn. He let a small laugh out and took it. I smiled back, knowing that he’ll save it and then gave me something he bought with it. “And don’t try to buy me anything, because I already have enough stuff.” I added and walked to guys.

Thank you,” Teen Top all said at the same time and bowed. Grandpa only smiled and waved to all of us as we were walking down the street again.

“This ice cream is really good.” Niel said happy.

“Told you,” I smiled and ate the last bite that was left.

“Ne, Xiao,” L. Joe suddenly called me. I looked at him, knowing what he’ll say.

“Dae?” I asked.

“I heard from Kevin, that AJ will be studying in USA.” He said. My eyes widened and I stopped, making others stop as well, looking at me wondering what will I do.

“A-arraso,” I stuttered and smiled nervously, starting to walk again. “W-wae are you telling me this?” I asked.

“Don’t you think it’s time to call them or send a letter?” he asked.

“They probably think I'm dead and already forgot.” I smiled sadly.

~Seoul, South Korea; No one’s POV~

“Yah, Bom!” Dara called her, running in their dorm.

“Bwoh?” yelled Bom from her room. Dara walked into and looked at her packing stuff.

“You still didn’t packed?” she asked and sighed.

“Aniyo~” Bom sang. “I’ll be done in few minutes.” She added and right then Dara’s phone rang. She looked up and saw Kiseop’s number.

“Yeoboseyo?” Dara picked up.

“Dara-shii?” Kiseop said.

“On the phone,” Dara said and walked out of Bom’s room into living room, sitting on the couch.

“Do you have any news about Xiao?” he asked.

“Aniyo,” Dara sighed. “Everytime I call on her number it says that it doesn’t exist anymore. But, are you really sure, she’s … alive?” she asked and bit her lower lip.

“I know she is,” Kiseop said confident.

“Bwoh?” Dara, almost, screamed and jumped from the couch. “H-how do you know?” she stuttered.

“You know, we’re friends with Teen Top guys, right?” Kiseop started.

“Ne,” Dara nodded.

“I was talking with L. Joe last day and he told me that she’s alive. He even sent me a picture of her, while she was dancing with Britney.” He said and added. “I’ll send it to you now,”

And really … few seconds later, Dara got a message from Kiseop with a picture of brunette girl, dancing with Britney. You could saw her face in the mirror. It really was her.

“When did he send it to you?” Dara asked quickly.

“Few minutes ago,” Kiseop answered.

“Arraso,” Dara muttered. “Thank you Kiseop.” She thanked.

“No problem,” he said back.

“How is … AJ doing?” she remembered. There was a long silence. “Is he okay?”

“You know that today is one year since the airplane crash …” Kiseop started. “One part of him accepted that she’s gone, but one part … is searching for her in her dreams.”

“Did you told anyone else that’s she’s alive?” asked Dara again.

“Aniyo, only you and I know about it.” Kiseop said.