Last Warning

Two-Faced B*tch

 

In the morning you told your mother that you would not be going to school, but she objected.

“But Umma, we need to find solutions to Appa’s problem,” you stated.

“No. You’re going to school. We’ll solve this problem on our own. Don't get yourself involved; besides, it's better that they don't see you, for your safety,” your mother said while pushing you out the door.

“But~” you insisted.

“No more buts...Go” she finally pushed you out of the house.

You head to school unwillingly. However, you were not the old you anymore. You no longer smiled, and you barely answered the greetings. You just slightly nodded to them.

 

you-ah, is there any problem?” the old woman that greeted you everyday noticed your weak expression. You then snapped back to reality and turned to face the older woman.

“Aniyo, Grandma...gwenchanayo...”you forced a small smile on your face.

“You sure? I’m not used to that face,” she said with a worried expression. You just continued to smile.

“Ummm, jongmal. I’m going.” you waved and started to walk. You left the old woman with a curious expression. ‘What happened to that kid?’ she thought.

 

You arrived at school with the same dark mood. You were bowing lifelessly to the students who greeted you. And they seem to notice your dark mood but they don’t dare ask you about it. Your friends suddenly appeared from nowhere.

you-ah!” they chorused again. But you gave them a cold response. Luna and MinJi share a glance and then stare back at you.

you?” Luna called wanting an answer. They noticed your mood was different than normal.

“Are you okay? Is there a problem?” MinJi questioned.

You responded by shaking your head and start to walk away.

you-ah!” Luna stops you by grabbing a hold of your wrist. You then stop, take a deep breath and face your friends with a wide smile.

“Let’s go,” you pretend to be fine. You don’t know how to tell your friends about your problem. You weren't afraid that they will hate you but you didn’t want them to worry about you.

Finally, they seemed to catch your signal and didn't question you anymore. Instead they walk with you towards the classroom.

 

When you arrived at your classroom door, you suddenly stopped.

“Wae?” MinJi asked.

“I have something important to do, please do excuse me from class.” you said, facing your curious friends.

you-ah?” Luna wanted you to give an explanation but you didn't want to tell them.

“Mianhae. Hope you’ll understand.” You began to run.

you-ah!!!” Luna called; she tried to follow you but MinJi stopped her.

“Let her be Luna...maybe she has a problem that she needs to keep from us,” said MinJi.

“But~” Luna was still worried about you.

“Don’t worry, she’ll tell us when the time is right.” MinJi reassured. “Let’s go inside.”

Luna glances back at you who was still running before following MinJi inside.

 

Your plan was to find someone who can somehow help you. 'INSURANCE COMPANY? LEGAL LOAN COMPANY?' You had no clue but it was worth a try.

[a/n : I don't know what's the right term.xD]

--

"Are you kidding me?" the employee of the company you approached first exclaimed.

"Ajusshi, I really need it..." you begged.

"100 Hundred million? Hah." he repeated jokingly. "How can a young girl like you --?"

"Ajusshi....." you continue to plead and started to kneel.

"Mianhae, even though I want to help you. You are still a minor, you're not capable to receive such a large sum of money." he replied, showing a pity face.

"But Ajusshi..." you wanted to cry, your eyes full of tears.

"I'm sorry." He apologized again and turned away from you. It's true though, even if he want to help you it was impossible, you were just 16 YEARS OLD. You can't do anything but to accept his answer, you tried companies one after another. BUT STILL NO COMPANY PROVIDED THE MONEY.

"What should I do now?" you mumbled, you were losing hope.

You glanced at your watch for the time, it was almost 5 PM. After trying so many companies and getting rejected, you decided to go home, the last hope would be your parents.

You looked at the list of all the companies you approached in your notebook, you had almost gone to all of them. 

You walked home which a sore back and weak shoulders, still holding onto the paper.  

Suddenly--BAMMM!

Someone bumped into you, which made you fall to the ground. Luckily for your fast reflexes, you had kept from falling. However the paper you were holding had been blown away. A group of boys run past you, all of them have different hairstyles which were dyed different colours, it seemed like someone was chasing after them.

"I'm sorry. We're in hurry..." you shifted your gaze at the guy with the weirdest hairstyle you had ever seen in your life in front of you, handing you the paper which had flown away. His hair was colored PINK. You were silent while taking the paper from him, keeping your gaze on his pink hair.

"Hyung, Bballi!!! Do you want to be caught alive!" His red-haired friend yelled. 'IS THEIR HAIR NORMAL?' you thought.

"Comin'!...Sorry again." The pink-haired guy apologized again. He started to run away slowly while still glacing back at you. As the chaser approached, he said  "see you again BABY..." and left with a wink. It made your heart flutter.

 

"Don't let us catch you bastards!!! We'll definitely KILL all of you!" another group of boys yelled; they must've been the ones chasing after the others.

They all pass by you, not bothering you at all.

"You thought about the word KILL...is it really that easy to kill someone?" you thought about your father.

 

 You then continued to walk home. Thinking of what happened and of course the problem about your father's debt.

As you were approaching your house you noticed a couple men who were all wearing black suits exiting your gate. You stopped and waited until they turned their engine on and drove off. You then immediately run towards your house.

"Umma, Appa!" you called horrified.

"you-ah!" your mother hugged you tightly.

"Who were those guys?" you managed to ask as you hugged your mother back. 

"They were the loansharks." your mother cried.

"And?" you ask again but you already had a feeling that you would not like her reply.

"They said it will be our LAST WARNING." she answered. You look at your father who was sitting on the couch silently.

"Let just runaway..." you suggested as you released yourself from your mother's hug.

"It's no use. They will still find us." your mother continued to sob.

"But Umma, there's no way we're gonna find I-ROK in one night." you exclaimed looking at your father with a cold expression.

There was no reply.

"She's right, Min ah. Let's pack our things and leave this place." your father strengthen up.

"But~" your mother was still worried. But when she looked at you, she changed her mind.

Your mother kept silent as both of you headed upstairs to pack.

 

_________

3rd chapter... ^_^