Freedom

Two-Faced B*tch

 

You were waiting for the traffic light to hit the red color before crossing the street when suddenly a familiar black luxurious car stopped just in time you took one step. The owner descends the window right in front you and saw Xander with his usual black leather jacket.

“Alexander?” you mumbled.

“Yes me. I’m just making sure you are not escaping.” Xander said and smirked.

“How I wish I could!” you thought and sighed. He then shrugged telling you to hop on his car. You reluctantly reached for the door on the back seat but stop mid way when you heard him spoke again, “You aren’t actually trying to make me look like a driver, are you?”

“Eh?” you curiously looked at him. Xander rolled his eyes as he could tell you didn’t understand what he just said. He then pointed the front seat on his side. “Ah,mian.” you nodded as you now realize what he meant. Closing the back door you opened the front and hopped in. Xander step on the gas and drove off. The ride was silent until he spoke again.

“You’re doing well, huh?” you looked away as you already knew what he meant, “I could already see how L.Joe like you. Hmmm, that was really fast. I guess we wouldn’t be having a hard time in trapping him in our bait.” You saw his smirked on the corner of your eyes. You didn’t know how to respond to him. As much as you wanted to end this thing, you still couldn’t help yourself but to be guilty. You’ll going to break someone’s heart and maybe ended up breaking his life as well.

“How could I even live with my conscience hunting me?”

Suddenly, “Just do whatever I say because maybe,” Xander said still looking straight on the road, “just maybe I could give you the freedom you want.” Your eyes widened at the sudden offer, at the second time.

“F-free……dom?” you said, clarifying if you had heard it right.

“Why? You don’t want it?” he asked seeing your reaction.

“Ani! It’s just that your father might not agree.” Your lifted hope faded as his father’s smirking face appeared in your head.

“Of course he wouldn’t, how could he possibly forget about the hundred million that your father took from him? That old man loves money more than anything else. He always wants to get back what is his.” Xander said knowingly.

“Then what’s the point of this offer?” you sighed and shrunk back on your seat. You lifted your gaze back to the street. It’s already getting dark.

“You still don’t know what I am capable of, do you?” you heard him say but this time you didn’t react nor look back at him.

Both of you broke into silence again until the car finally arrived at the familiar dark alley. You sighed in umpteenth times that day and decided to descend on the car. With the remaining strength you have, you walked towards the entrance. The bouncers didn’t have to check on you as they saw their Boss’ son just a few steps behind you. He signed them with just a simple nod and immediately cleared the path to make a way for you and him.

The night still hasn’t start yet there were already couple of costumers arrived. You even spotted a drunken guy on the corner holding a bottle of beer on his right hand and scattered bottles on the table. The guy kept on saying the word, “WHY?”

Turning away your eyes from the pitiful sight, you continued to walk on the dressing room. There you saw the woman you had been with since the day you came in that place. The woman named Ji Sun. She is in her early 20s.

“Hi, Unnie” you greeted and bowed. Ji Sun looked up in the mirror in front of her to see your reflection just behind her.

Ji Sun smiled, “Oh, you came back huh? I thought you already escape.” She joked as she continued to apply makeup on her face, “and hey, you really looked good in that uniform.” You just meekly smiled and headed to the pile of hanged dresses on the corner.

“I needed to come back.” You mumbled but enough to hear by Ji Sun.

“I know.” Ji Sun sighed and glanced on her watch, it’s still 6:30PM, “Have you eaten dinner yet?” you shook your head as response.

“Come on, let’s eat first.” Ji Sun stood up and grabbed her purse. She took your hand and led you out the club house. You were silent as both of you walked towards the nearest fast food chain.

Ji Sun on the other hand could already read your mind. She could already notice the bothersome on your face. Since the first time she met you, she already saw the reflection of herself. Like you, she was also entered in the club house at such young age. She came from a poor family who barely eat a meal a day. She has 5 siblings and she was the oldest. Their father was jobless and drunkard. They could only earn money from an offered laundry for their mother to do. A day without a laundry, they starved. Time came they couldn’t afford to live anymore, so their heartless father sold Ji Sun to the people who were buying ladies to entertain in the club. At first, Ji Sun was protesting but when she saw her other sibling starving to death she willingly sacrificed herself.

You and Ji Sun sat down on the space given by the waiter in the restaurant which Ji Sun led you. As the waiter left to get your ordered food Ji Sun spoke, “Wanna tell me what happened on those 2 days you’re gone?”

“Lot of things happened, Unnie.” You answered shortly.

“Tell me that “lot of things” then.” Ji Sun gave you a warm smile like as if assuring you that she’s willing to listen.

“I saw my Mom,” You started as your eyes started to willed up with tears. You continued to narrate everything to Ji Sun. About the things that Alexander told you, his offers, and his threatening looks. About how did you meet L.Joe, Jae Kyung, and TEENTOP and how did they become your friend. And about how do you felt about those things. Ji Sun willingly listened to you as you relay everything to her. Time to time, she would reach your hand and squeezed it giving you comfort.

“Sometimes we have to do bad things for the sake of our love one even if that is hurting another people. You just need to fight your conscience that would just hold you back from your goal.” Jin Sun patted your shoulder. “Alexander will be your only hope to be free from this dirt. You wouldn’t want to spoil the hope of having the freedom for you and your mother, would you?”

You hesitantly shook your head, “I want my life back………..I want my freedom.”

 

After eating dinner, both of you headed back to the club house. Like a caring “older sister”, Ji Sun helped you while changing your clothes. She applied heavy makeup on your face and put a rose colored lipstick on your lips. Done, you stood in front of the body sized mirror. You almost couldn’t recognize yourself again. It was covering your usual pale face, completely disguised. That was what you looked every night in your almost a month staying as an entertainer in that club.

You deeply sighed.

Ji Sun appeared behind your back and put her both hands on your shoulder, “It will end soon…. You wouldn’t be wearing these dirty clothes and heavy makeup anymore. Trust me.” She said and you responded with a weak smile.

 

_____________

 

THANKS NEW SUBSCRIBERS!

 

DO LEAVE COMMENTS AND LOVE!