Perfect Life

Two-Faced B*tch

 

You were preparing to go to school, in a good mood. You take your bath, iron your uniform, and fix yourself up.

“PERFECT,” you mumbled as you saw your reflection in the mirror.

With a satisfied look on your face you smiled at your reflection in the mirror and left your room. You headed downstairs where your parents are busy doing their own thing. Your mother was cooking breakfast and your father fixing the broken chair in the living room.

 

You headed toward your mother, “Umma...”, your mother turns to you with a wide smile on her face.

“You done already, baby?” She asks sweetly.

“De~” you answered, “let me help you with that". You put your things on the chair and take the bowl your mother was holding.

“Aigoo~komawo...just put it on the table". Your mother beamed again and goes back into the kitchen to finish preparing the other food.

You neatly arranged the cutlery on the table, 3 plates as usual. Your Appa, Umma, and you.

As your mother and you were almost done setting the table, you went to call your father.

“Appa, let’s eat,” you said as you hug him from the back.

“Okay ,sweetie I’m done,” he turns to you and slowly your beautiful long hair, while you continue hugging him. “My daughter is really beautiful.”

“Aigoo~ I know Appa, you’re kinda obliged to say that. But I agree, I am really beautiful,” you giggled as both of you started to approach the dining table. He pinches your nose. “Pabo...you really believe it?” your father teased.

“Of course! Because I know it’s true," you sarcastically answered with a smile on your face.

“Obviously, because you’re my daughter.” Both of you share a laugh as your mother comes out from the kitchen.

“What are you two laughing at?” your mother asks as she puts the last bowl of food on the table and takes the seat across from you; her beautiful smile still remains on her face.

“Nothing really Umma...just that Appa doesn’t believe that I am really beautiful,” you exclaim while laughing.

“He doesn’t?” Your mother furrows her eyebrows and shoots a glare toward your father. She tried to keep an angry expression but her face was still beautiful.

“Araso, of course she is,” your father surrenders, knowing that you’re beautiful both inside and out; "just like her mother.” Your father added to lessen the angry expression on your mother's face. Your mother breaks into a bright smile, you wish to see her smile like that everyday.

You just giggle at your father's sneaky comments. 

 

Your parents and you continued to eat happily. As you finish your meal, you bid them good bye with a kiss on each cheek, which was part of your daily routine.

 

“I'm leaving...” you wave to them as you reach the gate.

“Take care Baby.” Your mother yells out, and your father watches you walk away.

“Deh~”

 

You walked to school since it’s close to your house. As you pass by your neighbours , they greets you.

“Going to school, you -ah?” the ahjumma ask.

“Ye, ahjumma...” you bow to her.

“Take care...” she responds warmly, you give her a smile and continue to walk.

Up ahead you spot the elder woman in a wheelchair.

“Grandma, how have you been?” you stop at her fence and ask with a bright smile.

“I’m still fine you-ah, how about you?” the elder woman asks back.

 

“I’m perfectly fine, I need to go because I have school...take care of your health grandma.” You wave at her and the elder woman smiles and waves back.

 

-

As you enter into your school, you were treated like a queenka. Everyone greets you. That’s how charming you are, but aside from that, many students knows how kind you are.

“Hi,you” a cute boy greeted you, you respond with a smile.

“Hi,youunnie!” A group of girls greeted you, you smile again.

“Good morning you-ah” another one exclaims.

 

Finally you had reached the lobby where your locker is located. You open your locker and grab your books and other items you needed for class.

“Good Morning, you-ah” you heard two girls chorus. You didn't have to turn around to know that they were your best friends, MinJi and Luna.

“Aigooo~ you frightened me...” you complained but still with a smile on your face. You close your locker and turn to face your friends.

“What's up?” you ask.

“Nothing, I'm just fine…” MinJi answers plainly.

“Me, totally fine...I just saw Taemin sunbae a while ago and guess what...he looked at me!” your best friend Luna exclaimed dreamily.

“Here we go again...” you rolled your eyes at the sight of your best friend. You link arms with MinJi and you two start to walk leaving Luna by herself.

“Yah!!!” Luna yelled when she noticed both of you walking away without her.

“Uh oh...better run, we're gonna be killed! You chuckle and start to run with MinJi.

“Aish, you two!!! If I catch you, you’ll be sorry,” Luna sounded serious but she was just joking. Luna runs after them.

“MinJi, run faster!” you shouted while laughing.

The three of you arrive at your classroom. All of you are panting because of all the running.

“We were almost late...” MinJi sighed in relief. You took your seat and your friends did as well. Your teachers arrived not even one minute after you entered.

“Good Morning.” Ms. Park greeted.

“Good morning Ms. Park.” the students chorused.

-

After a long day of classes, you and your friends part since your path home was opposite from where Luna and MinJi lived.

“Take care on your way home...” Luna said.

“Ummmm, you guys too.” you hugged them and left.

While walking home alone, you happily think of your perfect life. You have your parents and friends. Even though you are not rich, you are still satisfied with what your family has.

“I’m home," you happily enter your house but your smile quickly faded while your eyes widened when you noticed your house was in a mess. A TOTAL MESS.

 

You saw your mother crying in the living room with your father clutching his stomach in pain, body full of bruises.

Your eyes widened again, you immediately headed to your father in horror.

 

“Appa, Umma what happen?” your tears poured out at the sight of your crying mother and your father in pain.

 

____________