New Friends in the New World

Two-Faced B*tch

 

After that momentary shock, you shifted your gaze to the poor boy on the floor who didn’t move an inch because of embarrassment. Despite what he had done to you, because you were naturally kind, you headed to the boy and offered your hand.

“You alright?” you said stretching out your right hand. The boy looked up at you in surprise, because no one dares to help TEEN TOP’s foe. Though he was hesitant, he still reached for your hand and you hoisted him up.

“I guess……so” he answered shyly, recognizing you.

“What did you do to them?” you questioned.

“You’re new here?” he ignored your question, looking you up and down. You nodded hesitantly.

“No doubt..” he said blankly, while looking away and fixing his polo uniform.

“What do you mean?” You curiously asked.

“You don’t know what hell you just got yourself into.” With a smirk on his face, he glanced back at you.

 

‘Sure I know.’ You thought to yourself.

 

“Why?” Contrary to your thoughts, you decided to play along with the act.

“You'll know soon.” With that he started to walk again but stopped when he suddnely remembered something and spun around. “Anyways, thanks and sorry for knocking you down… I’m Jung Soo.  In the future, be aware of your surroundings. There are troubles everywhere in this school. See you around.” He saluted with two fingers and left.

 

‘I’m already in trouble.’ You mumbled to yourself as the boy disappeared from your sight. 

 

“Oops. My class.” You started to look around again until you finally found it.

 

“Here it is..” You said aloud. You put on your big glasses, playing along with the act. With a deep sigh, you knocked the door three times and turned the door knob. As you stepped inside the room, a crumpled piece of paper was thrown in your direction and landed right on top of your head.

“Ooops… I’m sorry, nerd!” a boy snickered and continued to attack his classmates by throwing paperballs. The students were too busy messing around and chatting to notice you. The teacher didn’t arrive yet. 

 

‘I can do this.’ You mentally encouraged yourself with a meek smile. You walked inside the classroom, searching for an empty desk. Your classmates continued to throw paperballs all around the classroom and you were hit by them countless times but you simply bowed your head low, ignored all the chaos, and continued to look around.

“Sit here.” You heard a girl say. You looked where the voice came from, but the girl wasn’t not looking at you. Still, you were pretty sure she was the one who talked.

“I said, sit here unless you want to be hit by them over and over again” she repeated, nodding to her side where the empty desk was.

“Oh~ deh..” Instantly you headed to the desk and took your seat. You glanced at her again, she was coolly leaning on her chair, a headset plunged into her ears, her right hand held a pen that she continuously spun in circles, and her eyes were closed.

“Is there something wrong with my damn face?  Why can't you stop staring at me?” She suddenly asked, her eyes still closed. You blinked at her in surprise and immediately looked away.

“I-I’m sorry.” You mumbled.

“You’ll be sorry for yourself instead, because of enrolling here.”  She smirked. She sounds like Jung Soo.

“I’m you . New here. Nice to meet you.” You ignored her comment and introduced yourself, stretching out your right hand for a handshake when she reached out to put your hand down.

“Jae Kyung is my name… Old here.. And it’s not nice meeting ME.” She answered.

“Oh ~ I see but I’m glad to meet you. Can we be friends?” Despite her comments, you tried to brighten the atmosphere and smiled at her.

“Friend, huh? No doubt you don’t know me. FYI, I beat asses and kill people.” She said, partly lying to frighten you. Yes, she beats asses but she can’t kill. Aside from Teen Top, students are also afraid of her because she fights furiously. She is known to be the "Badass Female" of this school. But they didn’t know about her mysterious background.

“You beat asses and kill people when they want to befriend you?” you asked innocently. She stared back at you. “Then you can beat me until death, so that we can be friends.”

She glared at you as if you were crazy. You were the first one, who dared to talk back after her warnings.

 

‘What’s with this girl?’ Jae Kyung thought.

 

“Yah!! You nerd, who are you?” Jae Kyung yelled, though not loud enough to get the attention of the noisy students. Frightened, you looked away from her again.

“I just want you to be my friend.” You mumbled and pouted. You didn't talk back and hugged your backpack tightly instead, knowing that no one wanted to befriend you in this class.

 

‘This is the worst.. No, all of these damn tasks are HORRIBLE.’ You cried in your mind.

 

‘This girl is something~ She's weird. No one wants to be friends with me. Everyone is scared of me. Everyone hates me.’ Jae Kyung thought silently. You seemed very kind with a good personality but LIKE her, she could sense that you also have a mysterious background, hiding your true self in those sad eyes of yours. ‘You wouldn’t want to be my friend.’ She whispered, shaking her head.

 

After a couple of minutes, your teacher arrived. A woman who is in her 30’s, holding a long wooden stick and a thick book entered the room. But the students were still noisy.

 

“SILENCE!!!” Mrs. Park bellowed. But they still didn't listen.

“I said SILENCE!!!!” She yelled again, this time she slapped the wooden stick on the blackboard and the entire class was quiet. You jumped in your seat, completely shocked. 

“Good…” She sighed in satisfaction. “Anyways, we have a new student here…right?”  Her eyes scanned the classroom. You hesitantly raised your hand.

“Oh~ You’re there.. Come here..introduce yourself" Mrs. Park signalled you to go up to the front. Though you were scared, you did as she said. 

"Who is she?"

"What's with that damn uniform of hers?""

"Does she think this an Academy?"

Some of your classmates murmured and began to gossip about you, loud enough for you to hear.

"Maybe an Elite student, eh?" Someone snickered.

"And oh~ a straight A student!!" The girl sitting in the front row cackled, making O's with her fingers and placing it above her eyes as if she was wearing glasses.

The whole class excluding Jae Kyung started to laugh in response and you bowed your head in embarrassment.

'Luna..MinJi' You said in your mind. If they were here, you wouldn't feel so lonely.

"Silence!!" Mrs. Park shouted, striking the wooden stick against the blackboard once again, it did stop the noise but your new classmates were still glaring at you. 

"Go on Ms. Kim"

"A-annyeo-ng hase-yo, Kim you  imnida. Sixt~~" You stuttered when you suddenly remembered--

 

'You're already a junior.' Xander once said.

'So I'll be 17 then?' You questioned.

 

"17 years old.. Ni-ce meeting all of you.." You finished in English and bowed.

"Oh~~ yeah~yeah." The students started to criticize you again.

Mrs. Park glared at them until they stopped but you could still hear snickering. 

"Thank you Ms. Kim..you can sit down now." With that you walked back to your desk. You didn't know someone was planning to trip you, but luckily Jae Kyung saw it happening.

"Wanna die?" Jae Kyung threatened the boy. Scared, he instantly withdrew his feet.

After an hour, your boring classes ended. You were disappointed at the teachers that you had, because they can teach but they can't discipline the students. They just ignored all the chaos. You sighed, it was time for lunch already. 

"How much worse can today get?" You sighed for the nth time as you fixed things on your desk.

 

"Let's go.." You heard a familiar voice say. You looked up, it was Jae Kyung again.

"Eh?" You blinked up at her in curiosity.

"You want to be humiliated all day?~ FINE!" Jae Kyung shrugged and started to leave. 

"I thought~" You hesitantly said.

"Never mind." She waved goodbye and continued walking.

"Oh~ wait." You called and runned up to her.

 

'I don't know why I am doing this, hell no!! I don't want friends, they just hold you back. But why do I feel like protecting her?  She seems like a really good person.. aish whatever it is, it won't be harmful if she'll stay with me before she finds true friends, that is if there are any.' Jae Kyung thought. You followed her close behind, as if you were a pet following its owner.

"Yah!! What are you? A pet?!! You ..here" Jae Kyung positioned you on her right side, so that both of you were walking side by side. You smiled.

"Thanks, you're so kind" You said with appreciation.

That shook Jae Kyung, AGAIN~ it's the first time someone told her that she was KIND.

"Huh. You'll see who's kind." She smirked. Both of you went inside the cafeteria, there was no change in the atmophere, it was still noisy and messy.

You looked around, trying not to look displeased. But it seemed like Jae Kyung already read your mind.

"THE BEST SCHOOL, huh?" Jae Kyung said sarcastically.

"Yeah~ the BEST worst SCHOOL" You mumbled 'worst' under your breath.

"You got that right, so go back to your elite school!!" She retorted.

'If only I could.' You whispered. You two began looking for a table, when--

 

"TEEN TOP!!" A group of students squealed. Both of you looked towards the entrance, and indeed ~ six boys were strutting towards the cafeteria. As usual, they gave off a cool aura while walking down the aisle, as if they owned the place.

 

"Teen Top my !!" Jae Kyung rolled her eyes. You looked at her in surprise.

"You're not afraid of them?" You asked.

"Why would I be scared of them?" Jae Kyung made a face and walked to the counter to order food. You glance at her, then back at Teen Top. 

"How should I start?" You murmured.

 

-------------------------------------------------

Hey yo!! another chapter.. I made this chappy for you to be aware of your new friends..

Don't worry.. It will get exciting in the next chappy~!!

 

Do comment Lovely Subscribers..ILY ~

 

yuniya here