3-Without you

If Things Are Meant To Be...

a/n: I might possibly add Kai later on in the story (ohmygod spoiler!) and there may be some jongkey (le gasp, another spoiler!), but I don't know if I should pair Minho up with someone else>< and watch out! Bad language in this chapter (somewhat)

Recieved Folder:

0 Messages

I sighed for the billionth time that day. If it was up to me, I'd call in sick, but Key had to come over to my dorm room and drag me to class.

"I know you want to mope, but that won't lead to anything. Plus, finals!" He said.

"Gee Key, announce it to the whole world why don't you?" I rolled my eyes.

"Don't you dare talk to me like that. I'm just looking out for my best friend." He was right. I should be focusing more on finals anyway. I'm going to be a 3rd year soon, I have to become more responsible.

Speaking of me being a 3rd year, doesn't that mean that Taemin's going to become a 1st year in college? I wonder what college he's going to enter. I remember the last time I talked to him he was going to try to apply here since it's near his house and-

"MINHO! Will you please repeat what I just said?"

"Uhh..." I don't know, I'm preoccupied right now...

"He was talking about how the essay will be half of our semester final, Minho," Key muttered.

"You were saying that the essay's part of our semester final, right Professor Park?"

"Right...I guess you were listening," Professor Park turned his attention back to the class and started explaining more about the assignment, like I give two s about it.

"Key, I swear he's on to me."

"Everyone's on to you Minho," Key replied.

"Yeah, except for one guy."

"Minho!" He lightly smacked my thigh.

"I know Key," and with that I paid attention to the presentation.

~~~

"We're finally done! This calls for drinks!" Key yelled out, putting his arms around me.

"We're finally one step closer to graduating Key! I can't believe this!"

"Well believe it baby!"

"I'm so glad that this year is done," I laughed, "It's finally summer. You know what that means, right Key? Key?" I turned around and saw him stop in motion.

"Key, you okay?"

"Yeah, everything's fine Minho. Let's go."

But I knew that everything was not fine. From the corner of my eye, I saw Jonghyun's lips locked onto some guy's. His eyes closed in the heat of passion. Even though he's short, he' sure acts all that. I wanted to comfort him, but what was I going to say? Oh it's okay Key, there's bound to be others in the world.

Like hell there are.

Jonghyun and Key were meant to be together. They were perfect. With Key's diva attitude and Jonghyun's loving side, they were meant for each other balanced each other out and that's what made them so special.

But I guess all good things come to an end at one point.

"That was Onew," Key's voice was barely audible through all of his hysterical crying, but I understood.

"Onew?"

"He was my childhood friend. We were best friends, but we haven't talked after middle school. You know, different high school. Since then I never talked to him. I heard that he was coming to this school as a transfer for a voice major from an ajumma in the neighborhood because apparently we have better classes for the arts here, but I never knew I'd actually see him around."

"What do you mean? You were eventually going to see him."

"But that didn't mean I had to see him," Key pointed out, "He and I were the best of friends. That was until I saw him and Jonghyun at the party and, well you know, they...they well, they had-"

"Had ." I bluntly said.

"Yeah, had ."

"Key, he was an anyway. What type of guy would honk his horn instead of getting out of the car and ring the doorbell like a normal person?"

"That's true."

The ride home was awkward and quiet. He told me to just stop by his house.

"No drinks tonight? It's tradition to go out all night at the end of the year!" I exclaimed, eyes opened like crazy.

"Well, I'm not in the mood tonight I guess. I'll text you if I change my mind. I'm guessing that you're going to go out though?"
"Hell yeah, it's time to celebrate!" I tossed my arms into the air and posed the sign of victory. Hey, it's the end of the school year, I'm allowed to show off some emotion.

"God, why am I even friends with you?"
"I love you to Key~"

"Don't party too hard without me."

And with that, Key waved good night and stepped inside his house. Now what am I supposed to do? He's the party animal, he always knows where to go for the best parties. I was about to message my mom to tell her that I'll be home on July 4th because I had some business to do, but instead a text arrived. God please let it be Taemin begging for us to hang out at the beach. Please God, please~

To: Minho

From: Key

Just in case you were wondering, go to The Block, I hear that that's the place to be tonight

What will I ever do without that guy?

a/n: I feel like my writing is so boringT^T

And I believe that Minho will run into someone special at the club tonight;)