33-Up and Down

If Things Are Meant To Be...

A/N: First of all, I just want to say: WOAH! my views went up to over 1600 since yesterday! Thank you to everyone who has supported me:)

Kai POV

"Kai, what's up? You seem really down," Sehun's eyes were full of worry as he took a sip of his coffee. Everything's wrong Sehun; I lost my best friend, I was a stupid bastard, everyone hates me now...everything is wrong.

"Nothing to worry about, Sehun," I smile, hopefully it'll fool him.

"You can't fool me with your smile. Your eyes aren't smiling and you seem so forced when you make that expression."

"We've only known each other for a week, but you seem like you know me so well," I laugh as he nodded his head.

"Well, you know I'm very observant."

"Observant my ! You couldn't even realize that the director was talking to you during rehearsal one time!"

"Yah, that...I was distracted, okay?" 

"Aww Sehun, were you distracted by me?" I tease as he started to turn into different shades of red. He just sat there with his hands in his lap, looking down at the cup filled with warm coffee.

"Hey, don't get all serious. I was joking," I assure him. I hear him mumble some words, but I couldn't make it out. Geez, he was so hyped up earlier, but now he's all quiet. What's wrong with this guy?

"What? Sehun, speak up!"

"I...I was distracted by you. If you hadn't danced around like a ballerina with your moves...and your hips," he looked down.

"My hips?"

"No-nothing." I just chuckled in reply and kept eating my rice I had. A dancer has to eat well to maintain stamina!

"Kai, I...seriously though, what's wrong?"

"Why do you want to know?"

"We're friends, right? Friends help each other, right?"

"I guess you have a point," I set my chopsticks on the table and look at him with eyes. Well, friends do tell each other problems and get advice...

"What happened was that I sort of just dated Taemin for a bet. There was this girl I had a crush on and she told me that she'd go out with me if I went out with Taemin and popped his cherry," I bluntly explained, but I heard a loud slam on the table.

"How could you do that to Taemin? He's such a sweetie, do you know how much you meant to him?" Sehun's voice was filled with rage, "You just stepped onto his feelings like it was dirt? Do you know how much that hurts? When a person likes you, you don't go off flirting and dating them because a girl asked you to! You do it because you like them. Tell me that you did like him. I know that you're a bad liar, a bad actor, but I know you're not a bad person. You did all of those kisses and hugs and flirting because you liked him, right? Answer me, damn it!" His hands clenched my shirt, lifting me up in the process as he stood up and shouted at my face. After a few minutes, his breathing settled down, loosening his grip on me so people wouldn't stare as much.

"Answer me, Kai. Did you or did you not like him?" I kept my mouth shut, afraid of my own answer. I don't want him to know, I don't want to accept the reality that I have to face. I'm not supposed to be this way at all. I like girls, my parents expect me to like girls. I'm supposed to like girls, that's nature. I'm sure that Sehun likes girls too, not boys. Girls.

"Fine, be a stupid coward for all I care. I'm going to practice," he shoved me back down on my seat, taking his belongings and rushing out from there. 

"I do...I do like Taemin," I whisper to myself while I just sat there.

~~

"Five, six, seven, eight! One, two, three, four, turn, slide to the side, and one, two..." I could hear Joon's voice over the stereo as we went through pirouettes multiple times to lunges with our partners. 

"Kai! Concentrate on dancing, that's why you're here. Don't think about anything else except dancing!" I nod in response as I stare back at my reflection on the mirror. My eyes have dark circles under them, I look too skinny for my own good, my steps were half a beat off, and I looked miserable. I'm letting everyone down and that can't happen. I might be a in real life, but in dancing I can't do that. I can't let the team down.

"YAH! How many times do I have to tell you that you're off? That's it, everyone off the floor except for Kai," Joon hyung ordered. I could hear snickers and gossip being whispered out here and there as they eyed me, looking down on me as if they were better than me. I, Kim Jongin, was left here because I at dance today. I stood there with my legs glued onto the floor. It felt as if my world was crumbling. I was never ever left out on the floor on my own unless it was to praise me. Instead, I was getting embarrassed because I was the worst dancer in the group. Today is officially the worst day of my life. My pride is gone, my friends think of me as an ...there is no way in the world that it can get better.

"Look at what we have here. Kim Jongin, also known as Kai, on the floor. I believe that this is the first practice I've seen you this way. What is wrong today? You're off half a beat, you don't seem as if you're feeling the music, you seem annoyed, today is not your day, is it?" I heard Joon chuckle while I just stare back at my reflection.

"Now, I want you to dance this routine on your own from start to finish. Ready?" I nod my head in reply as I position myself.

"Alright, here we go!"

The smooth beat of the piano starts as the intro. I can feel it in my chest as I breathe in and out. I can do this. Kai, you can do this. You've waited all your life to be a star in a performance and now's your chance to prove that you are that star. I feel my body flowing with the music yet staying with the beat this time. My moves were sharp, but graceful. It was perfect from start to finish. By the time it was over, I smiled because I was so proud of myself. The class cheered and clapped as I stood up from my position.

"That was well down, Kai. I was sure you were able to do it once you concentrated," Joon smiled.

"Thanks, coach."

"This is why you were chosen, Kai," he whispered as he drew me in for a hug. I just smiled at his words, too happy to even speak. I did it. I proved to myself that I could do it. That's the best feeling in the world. I guess today wasn't such a bad day after all.

"Anyway, that's a wrap folks! Those of you who have solos must stay after practice, but before that you can all take a break. Remember guys, you have to clean up and go to the stylists so they can measure you to get the right costume!" Joon hyung clapped his hands twice before heading down to the other coaches while I went over to my stuff. Ahh~this is the life. I'm glad that practice is on a little break right now, time to check my phone~

Oh, I have a message from Sehun?

To: Kai

From: Sehun

Kai, maybe I exageratted it too much this morning, but I'm right and you know that. You need to go apologize to Taemin so everything's better, alright?

I reached for my phone and that's the first text I recieved from him. God, this kid needs to stop worrying.

To: Sehun

From: Kai

I understand, don't worry about it. I'm glad you did that today though, made me open my eyes.

To Kai

From: Sehun

That's good^^ Hey, any chances you know anything about Luhan?

To: Sehun

From: Kai

That kid who's always with Minho?

To: Kai

From: Sehun

Yeah.

Sehun POV

To: Sehun

From: Kai

I didn't see him at breakfast today. Maybe he went somewhere? Try calling him once, Sehun.

Kai, you don't know how many times I've tried calling him. He's my best friend and I'm so worried about him. Maybe I should go check up on Minho and ask him where he is. I don't know anymore. I want to, but when I saw him leaving breakfast this morning he was dragging Taemin out with him; I don't want to bother him or anything.

Aish, what to do....

To: Kai

From: Sehun

Kai, by any chance is Taemin there?

God, I know he's going to hate me for asking, but it's the only way I'll know if I can go talk to Minho or not. Minho, Kai, and Taemin are all caught up in a very difficult situation, I don't want to take a wrong step and be in that situation.

To: Sehun

From: Kai

Ani, he isn't.

Well, then I guess I just have to wait and call him later.

A/N: FINALLY! It took me the whole day to just write all of this (I was being lazy today)...but it was because I kept watching Hello Baby and Sesame Player:< Forgive me you guysT^T

Isn't that picture nicee~~~?^^

Well anyway, this chapter was centered around Kai and Sehun~I really wanted to write in their POV and what not (and to write a new, beginning relationship between Kai and Sehun:3). Yeah, Luhan didn't tell anyone except for Minho that he was leaving...will Minho tell Sehun everything? And where in the world did Taemin bring Minho? Did Minho plan a surprise because it's Taemin's birthday (SPOILER<===========)

More to come tomorrow~~:3

I apologize for any grammar/spelling mistakes, I never really reread what I write:<

Comments are welcome and don't forget to subscribe:3