38-New Beginnings

If Things Are Meant To Be...

Nobody POV

"What? Kai, stop talking nonsense and get back to your senses. I think you've practiced way too much," Sehun scooted away from Kai, his hands snatching out of Kai's as he looked deeply into the younger's eyes. He seemed so serious, but Sehun didn't want to be embarrassed if it wasn't serious.

"Sehun! Can't you see how honest I am right now?" Kai lunged forward, his hands grabbing Sehun's again. Sehun was a mess in his mind. He was totally out of it and it wasn't because of todays nerve-wrecking rehearsal. Sehun still wasn't sure were Luhan was. He never returned the younger's calls and every night he would stay up, wondering if his hyung was okay. 

"Look Kai, why don't we go back to the stage and do some stretching so we're ready for the finale. I'm sure that'll work wonders for the both of us."

"I...I want to know about this now. Why can't you take me seriously? What do I have to do to make you understand my heart?" Kai tried to close the nonexistent distance between the two, which seemed impossible considering that their chests were already touching each other. Kai tilted his head and went closer to Sehun, almost as if he was kissing him.

Sehun didn't object at this action; he too was going closer to the other, closing his eyes as he felt Kai's steady breathing.

-Beep, beep, beep-

Sehun flinched away, eyes wide open, like Kai's. He took his phone out and looked at the incoming call. Without any hesitation, he clicked the receive button.

"Hyung!" Sehun stood up from his spot, walking to the left after he waved a signal to Kai that he was taking the call. Kai nodded, pouting a bit that he couldn't even kiss Sehun, not even a peck, before he walked away. Mouthing a 'damn it,' Kai walked off to rehearsals, frustrated at himself.

"Sehun-ah, how are you? Hyung misses you so much," Luhan laughed on the other side of the call, putting his hand through his hair. He looked around the shiny, clean airport that literally screamed out 'new worlds equal new beginnings.'

"I've been well, but I miss you too. Luhan-ah, where are you?" 

"I'm at Seoul," Luhan tugged the yellow sleeve of his jacket nervously while dragging his suitcase left and right.

"Seoul? Why are you at Seoul? I thought you were sick and bedridden at Jeju or something. I kept trying to call you, but you never picked up."

"Sehun, I was busy."

"Busy with what?"

"Moving out of the apartment," Sehun almost dropped his phone as he heard those words. Why was he moving out?

"W-w-why?" he stuttered.

"I'm going to travel out of the country and try to sort things out."

"What about money? What about a job?" Sehun almost hissed out the last question, "What if you get caught?"

"Calm down, Sehun-ah. It's been a couple years, I'm sure they'll forget. I'm on my way to Paris; I'm sure I won't be found there. You know how I've been teaching myself French, right? It'll be great for me! You know my cousin, Jiyeon? Well she hooked me up with some stuff and apparently her new cafe's been looking for some new people and she was wondering if I could come in and work. It's a great opportunity, right? You know how I've been wanting to start brewing up coffee and bake cakes, right? Right, Sehun-ah?" Luhan held back his tears as memories from high school and memories from his present time came flooding back to his mind. He remembered days when Sehun and him would go out and ditch school, opting for staying home to have small, steamy 'homework' sessions. Days where they would run towards the game centers, to malls, run around and play. He remembered when he went to Jeju and met Minho and all of these great people. He didn't know that he was going to be leaving at the time, but it seemed like the right time to just leave.

"Luhan...hyung..." Sehun wailed into the phone, clutching it desperately as if he might die if the call ended, "Don't do this to me. Don't leave, please hyung. I need you...you know I need you. I wouldn't know what to do without you, Luhan..."

"You don't need me Sehun, you've been doing pretty well without me for a while. You'll do great, arasso? I'll email you as soon as I get settled at Paris, alright?"

"Hyung..."

"And about Kai, he's very serious with you, you know?"

"How in the world do you kn-"

"Let's just say that a certain guy called me about it cause he knew that I would know about your feelings," Luhan chuckled.

"Anyway, I have to go, Sehun-ah. I'll miss you so much. Don't be a stupid guy, alright?"

"Arasso! I've never been a stupid guy," Sehun pouted. He walked towards the rehearsal room, opening doors and made his way towards Kai.

"You have been. Countless times. You just never noticed. Anyway, I really have to board my plane soon. I'll email you, okay?"

"Hyung! Sleep well, stay healthy, and don't forget to email me, okay?"

"Yeah yeah, I wont' forget! Bye, Sehun!"

"Bye, Luhan," Sehun ended the call and sneaked up on Kai, lifting the older boy from behind.

"Yah, who in world is this? Let go of me this instant!" Kai fumbled around in Sehun's arms, wailing small sounds of 'help' while moving his limbs around and around.

"If I do you'll fall down, you know that right?"

"Gah, Sehun!"

"You're so cute when you act that way, Kai!"

"Wha-why are you saying that?""

It's because you are!" Sehun gently turned Kai around after putting him down to his feet, hugging him tightly.

"Stop joking around Sehun, it's not nice teasing your hyung."

"Well maybe I'm not joking around."

"Yeah, sure you're not," Kai rolled his eyes, not forgetting to sprinkle sarcasm in the sentence.

"Well maybe I could help you change your mind," Sehun inched forward, closing up the space between the two males. His lips went on Kai's, nibbling a bit on the older's lips while Kai's eyes were still open in shock.

"Wha-what are you doing?" Kai stuttered as he felt Sehun kiss him between the sentence.

"I'm kissing you, what does it look like I'm doing?" Sehun giggled as he kept kissing him.

"I know that, but why are you ki-"

"Just keep quiet and let me keep kissing you," Sehun's arms wrapped around Kai's as he tugged him closer, going back down for another kiss. Kai let himself melt under Sehun's touch, not even caring that everyone was watching.

After a few moments, everyone started clapping away; Taemin even jumped towards the two, putting an arm on each person's shoulder.

"FINALLY you guys are together," Taemin hugged the two tightly.

"Yeah, I guess we are," Kai smiled, looking at Sehun as Sehun looked back at Kai.

A/N: FINALLY KAI AND SEHUN ARE TOGETHER<3

But Luhan is gone3 Maybe he'll make an appearance in a sequel. Would you guys like that? Maybe I should just finish writing the story first and not think about a sequel for now^^

Well, how do you guys like it so far?

I apologize for any grammar/spelling errors><

Please comment and don't forget to subscribe~:3