45-If Things Are Meant To Be...

If Things Are Meant To Be...

 

Will you take me back?

Taemin’s head shook as he read those words. He was confused as hell as to why Minho would write that down. Did he pity the younger? Was it just for sympathy? With how things turned out, Taemin wasn’t sure if Minho was being out right sincere or not.

Taemin’s hands unconsciously crumpled up the piece of paper, but kept it in his hands. His head hung low; he didn’t know what to do. Breathing in deeply, he let out a long sigh. He was happy that Minho wrote that; heck he felt like he was on the top of the world.

“I think I need to go rest. I’ll see you tomorrow,” Taemin shut the door behind him, ignoring Minho’s questioning.

“Taemin, you blew it this time,” Taemin turned around to be eye to eye with Kai, along with Sehun. His arm was draped over his boyfriend’s oh-so-casually, nipping on Sehun’s sweater every once in a while. Taemin just plopped himself onto the couch, straightening the paper out and staring it with intense eyes.

“Kai, what have I done?” Taemin let out another sigh for the nth time. He was deeply confused at how Minho was acting. Yesterday he was acting like he didn’t understand, today he was acting sweet, and Taemin himself was acting like how Minho was acting a couple nights ago: a stupid fool who couldn’t speak his mind.

“Taemin, just go to bed, I think that’s the best thing for you right now. Sleep early, wake up early. We have morning rehearsals, remember?” Kai shifted his gaze towards his dancing sunbae. He only sighed, again, and complied. Taemin stood up and walked towards the bedroom, letting him just fall into the endless sheets.

If only he could stay there for the rest of his life.

But Taemin had a plan and Taemin’s plans never fail…at least this one won’t.

Minho banged lightly on the door before leaning against it. He let out a frustrated groan. He was frustrated at himself and all his efforts. Maybe it was really time that Minho should give up on this so-called ‘relationship,’ seeing that none of them seems like they’ll cave in anytime soon. Whenever Minho caved in, the younger ran away and whenever Taemin caved in, Minho just stood baffled like the idiot he was.

He forced his wobbly, lifeless legs back to the elevator and told himself that he’d just sleep on it; Key and Jonghyun are probably going to storm into the room tomorrow morning to drag him to the festival.

~~

“Wake up, sleepyhead,” and just on cue, Minho rolled to the other side of the bed to see Key and Jonghyun hovering over him.

“Just five more minutes,” Minho replied, placing a pillow on top of his head. He didn’t know what time it was or how long he’d been in bed. He know one thing and that was he wasn’t ready to face the world.

“Looks like we’re on phase one again,” Kibum looked at Jonghyun, who in turn kept staring at the sleeping figure.

“Yah, do you even know what time it is? It’s already five in the evening. FIVE IN THE EVENING!” Key yelled, not caring that his lover pressed his hands on his ears. It wasn’t time to worry about what Jonghyun wanted.

“Stop being so noisy,” the dino spoke.

“But you always tell me to be noisy when we’re in bed.”

“Please don’t talk about bedroom habits in front of me, that’s gross,” Minho threw a pillow at them, rubbing his eyes as if to get rid of the sleep. He let his eyes adjust to the light from the window; apparently somebody forgot to close the curtains last night.

“Now that you’re up and ready, let’s get you dressed and out of here,” Kibum smiled as sweetly as he could, which to Minho looked like an evil smirk. He kept shaking his head, but Kibum and Jonghyun dragged him onto the floor and started to throw different shirts, pants, and shoes.

“Just pick one. Wear whichever one and come outside. You know how impatient kitty cat gets when he’s waiting,” Jonghyun hinted, bolting towards the door so the thrown shoe won’t hit him.

By the time Minho stepped out of the room, Key was indeed going nuts. He started to whine dramatically about how all his efforts had gone down the drain and how idiotic it was for him in the first place to help. He was practically screaming that the hottest guy on campus, Choi Minho, was dumped by a college freshman.

“Way to go, drama mama,” Minho rolled his eyes at Key who was on the other side of Jonghyun. If it wasn’t for him, Minho would’ve probably punched the living soul in Key. He was aggravated at how his best friend was acting towards this situation. Best friends are supposed to help comfort the poor thing, not beat his pride up.

“I’m just stating what’s rightfully true. If you hadn’t messed up this wouldn’t have happened,” Key snapped.

“I didn’t mess up anything.”

“Then why didn’t he say ‘yes’? Answer me Minho, humor me.” Minho hated it when someone provoked like that, especially when his friends did it. He admits that he’s a sore loser, but having it pointed straight at him is pure torture. Minho hates losing and not getting something that he wants. Instead of saying an insult, Minho just stomped towards the stage and sat peacefully in a corner, hoping that the couple doesn’t sit next to him.

But to his luck, Jonghyun dragged Key along about ten minutes before the show was about to start.

“It’s not that I want to sit here, I want to have a clear view of the show,” Key said, hiding his real intentions. Minho only smiled, knowing that Kibum was feeling pretty bad about the insults. One thing Key hated was apologizing straight up, but Minho knew he was. It was just a habit Key had.

The show started off with intricate sounds of bells chiming and then the loudness increased as different brass instruments started to play along. The whole stage was showered in different shades of red. It looked outright bloody, but it seemed so right for the dance. It was all acrobatic. Many dancers looked like they were flying into the air with all the different kinds of jumps being displayed. Soon, the crowd gasped upon seeing a bird-like man leaping out of the white smoke.

Taemin POV

The whole time, I could feel someone’s gaze on me and I knew whose gaze it was, especially when his eyes are so unnoticeable.

“Taemin-ah, good job today! I knew I was right for giving you, Kai, and Krystal that part!” Donghae hyung twirled me around and then embracing me for a big hug. I smiled towards Eunhyuk who, in turn, glomped on the both of us. Donghae let go of the hug, taking my shoulders and congratulating me once again on my performance. I graciously accepted the bouquet of flowers, to which I laughed at how over dramatic it was when Eunhyuk gave it to me.

“You guys don’t know how much it meant for me to be able to perform on such a big stage. As a dancer, I feel like I grew up and matured more than I ever thought I will,” I started to tear up, “Thank you so much.”

“Don’t start crying yet, we still need to go back up on stage to give our thank you and please come again for the next two days,” Hyukkie laughed, swinging his arm around my shoulder, “And you still need to do that surprise!”

“I will, I promise!”

~~

No One POV

“So in conclusion, I would like to thank the biggest supporters on this team. First I would like to thank all the choreographers who have been working with us since day one. If it wasn’t for them we wouldn’t have been able to have such an amazing team. Next, I would like to thank each and every individual dancer for staying with us. These kids are great. They listen, they don’t whine, and they never gave up. We were lucky to have such a great group of dancers this year and without them this dance wouldn’t have been more marvelous; I can’t think of any other team to work with besides them. Lastly, I would like to thank the four soloists who have worked with us for a short time. We didn’t really pick the ‘leaders’ of the groups until it was a little last minute, but they kept working hard. All of us stayed over at the studio until late at night, some later than others. We would like to thank all of them,” Eunhyuk finished up the speech, patting Donghae on his head so he would stop crying. Donghae couldn’t help, but cry: he was so overwhelmed with emotion and this whole experience itself was just emotional for him. He never knew that he could experience all of these different emotions the past two weeks in Jeju. He was glad that the spark between him and his lover never died away even though he acted stupid that one night. He was glad that everyone was safe and no one was injured because of the dangerous lifts and jumps. He was just happy and emotionally worked up that he just started to cry and couldn’t stop the big, hot tears from rolling down his cheeks. After seeing him like that, Eunhyuk quickly took the mic away and started to ad-lib the speech.

“Now, Lee Taemin, are you ready to answer the question?” Eunhyuk looked up at the younger one as he passed the microphone to him. Hopefully, Minho was smart enough to interpret everything that was about to happen.

“I would like to answer with a YES!” Taemin stated first, staring right at his prey. Minho looked up and smiled mischievously as if he knew what it meant.

Of course he did because Taemin never did aegyo unless he really meant something.

Kibum looked over Jonghyun and tapped Minho’s shoulder, smiling with glee. Jonghyun just stood there, not even understanding a single thing that happened right in front of his eyes.

~~

After the final good-bye on stage, Taemin was busing greeting people and thanking them for the hard work. He told Kai and he’ll see him later in Seoul because he was thinking about leaving early.

“Why so soon? Are you late for a date?” Taemin froze at the spot as he heard the words pour out of a deep voice. He immediately recognized who it was and let himself be turned around by him.

“Minho,” Taemin’s voice sounded gooey like he finally fell in love.

“Taemin,” the voice replied, “I missed you so much. You don’t know how much I missed you.” Taemin only nodded into Minho’s shoulder, hugging him back. They stood there for a while until Minho coughed.

“So, is your answer for real?”

“Would you like me to prove it?” Taemin smirked with mischief hidden in his eyes. Minho’s brow lifted up with curiosity. Suddenly, he felt a pair of pillow-y lips brush against his for a moment. Minho knew what he was doing so he kissed back, letting the younger bit softly into the older’s bottom lip.

“I take it that you were honest,” Minho smiled into the kiss and quickly pecked his lips before stepping away.

“Choi Minho, I loved you since day one and I’ve never forgotten about you since.”

“Lee Taemin, I loved you since day one and I’ve never ever forgotten about you since.”

A/N: Ahhh~such a cheesy, greasy ending.

So, the fic is over;o; Thank you to EVERYONE who has stuck with me since day one and then some. I love you all for supporting this fic and writing comments and messaging me ideas and helping me out; I love you all<3

I apologize for any grammar/spelling errors in this whole story. You guys already know that I’m a lazy author who doesn’t’ reread their stories, right?

The ending wasn’t that great, but they’re all back together! Hurray~~~

Now, shall I make a sequel? Ahaha, you guys should comment down there about a sequel if you want one and one person commenting about a sequel isn’t going to cut it! If three people or more comment about a sequel, I shall make one:) If not, then I don’t really know. Until then, thanks so much for reading and support my other fics too!

I love you all<3