40-HYUNG!

If Things Are Meant To Be...

 

No One POV

Everyone eyed Minho. After seeing the big show the mysterious dancer, who was revealed as Taemin, they were curious as to what his answer will be. Key was looking from behind the red velvet curtains that were hung above the stage. He wiped a bit of sweat from his forehead, causing a small ‘woo,’ to slip from between his dainty lips that were in the shape of an ‘o’. Why am I the nervous one here, he thought.

Jonghyun looked under the table, noticing that the screen of his cell phone lighted up.

To: Dino

From: Kitty Kat

How’s everything going right now?

To: Kitty Kat

From: Dino

I don’t know. He’s not moving at all.

Taemin stood there in his cool guy stance. He wasn’t a bit surprised that Minho wasn’t moving; it was sort of his intentions on making a grand entrance so the guy would be so happy, but he didn’t want to give him a heart attack.

“I-I…I’m sorry,” Minho stood up from his seat, running out of the restaurant. Jonghyun’s ears perked up, looking at the back of the younger’s as he dashed towards the door.

“Wha-why…?” Taemin felt his body slip onto the floor. He felt lifeless and just plain stupid. Minho wasn’t supposed to say that. This wasn’t part of the plan.

To: Dino

From: Kitty Kat

What the hell happened? Why is Minho leaving? Is Taebaby alright.

To: Kitty Kat

From: Dino

Get over here. Now.

In order to distract the audience, Key turned the music back on and announced a reminder to everyone about the festival. As soon as that was done, Key bolted towards their table.

“Taemin? Where’s Taemin?” Jonghyun nudged his chin in response. Key shook his hair and sighed in despair.

Key POV

“Taebaby, let’s go home. We should get some rest, we don’t want you to look like a big mess for rehearsals now, right? Come on sweetie, let’s go,” I dragged Taemin on his feet, giving an apologetic smile towards Jonghyun. He just waved and mouthed that he’ll call over Donghae and Eunhyuk to have a meal with him. I’m glad that he’s okay with all of this drama that just happened. I guess he would be after all he went through just to get back with me.

“That’s all I am, hyung. I’m just a big mess to Minho,” his voice was dry when he spoke.

“What? I’m sure he reacted that way because he didn’t know what to do.”

“No, please don’t try to coat this up with pretty words. People don’t say ‘sorry,’ because they’re confused; they say ‘sorry’ when they’re rejecting someone,” Taemin sighed as we went into the elevator.

“Hey, you’re that boy, right?” A man in his early 20s spoke towards us.

“What boy?” I glared. He does not have any right to talk to us right now. Can’t he see that we’re both tired and distressed?

“Not you, you.”

“Me?” Taemin managed to say.

“Yeah, you’re the one who was dancing earlier, right? You did really great, it’s a shame I wasn’t there to see what the boy said,” he chuckled.

“Be glad you weren’t; I think it was sort of awkward for a lot of people.”

“Now why is that?”

“I got dumped.”

“You got dumped? But you did such a great job! Look, sorry for disturbing you two, but I run a dance company and I was wondering if you have some time we cou-“

“No, he isn’t interested right now. If you’ll excuse us, this is our floor,” I glared at the guy for one last time before I took Taemin by the hand and walked out of the elevator.

“Hyung, why did you do that?” Taemin shouted the question as soon as we were in the room. I scoffed at his question with an are-you-really-asking-me-this face.

“Taemin, I’m doing what’s right for you. Right now you have to focus for your big show, not a big company.”

“But it’ll be such a great thing for me!”

“Well if you’re meant to be in it then you’ll see the guy again,” I take off my shoes and make my way into the kitchen, “Here, take a water bottle; you need it.”

“Thanks hyung,” he sarcastically said, jumping into the couch.

“Taemin get some rest, tomorrow is your big rehearsal and then it’s your big show. You need to rest if you want to do great.”

“If you want me to do great, then let me weep over everything that’s just happened!”

“If it’s about the company guy, you’re bound to see him at the festival. It seemed like he was recruiting dancers from this fes-“

“NO! I’m talking about what happened at that stupid restaurant. I want to know his true feelings! He was so happy to be with me a few days ago and he just rejected me ten minutes ago…hyung, do you think he’s secretly a girl and he’s on a period?”

“If he was, he’s a very ugly girl,” I heard Taemin giggle his childish laugh as he turned towards me.

“Hyung?”

“Mmm?”

“This wasn’t part of the plan. I’m supposed to be in Minho’s arms and rest on his bed tonight.”

“Then you wouldn’t be able to dance well tomorrow, now will you? Come on, just go to sleep. Take a shower tomorrow morning! I’ll even draw a bubble bath for you; doesn’t that sound great? Taemin? Taemin?” I rush to the couch, only to see him snoring softly.

“Aigoo, this child,” I sigh out, getting some blanket from the bedroom and draping it over him.

A/N: This is such a borning chapter, sorry about that. I just wanted to write a little bit of Key and Taemin's relationship^^

So...Taemin was rejected...what was Minho thinking?!

I apologize for any grammar/spelling errors!

Please comment and don't forget to subscribe~~:3 And Photo is not mine~~:3