15-Never Regret

If Things Are Meant To Be...

Key POV

Without even turning around again, I rushed towards the bathroom, the only place that filled my ears with silence. It was the only place where I could go and safe myself. I remember when I was in high school and chased by those boys who wanted my . Heck, they always made fun of my girly/motherly attitude towards Taemin, my pink streaks, my make up, and everything else about me, but in the end they were jealous because no one caught my attention like Jonghyun. I was happy that I was able to meet up on that fateful day.

~Flashback~

"Key, it's almost time for you to go! If you don't wake up, I swear I'll kick the door open!"

"Alright Minho, you don't have to be such an umma," I rolled out of bed and got upt to get dressed. After what seemed like hours for Minho, I finally opened my door and walked down the stairs.

"Took you long enough," he yawned, "Now come on! Get your shoes on and , we're going to be late on the first day!"

"Gosh umma, just because it's the first day of our 2nd year in high school doesn't mean we have to be there on time. What's the rush anyway? You seem like in a good mood, unlike other days. You always stand there like stone."

"Nevermind that, we have to get going~I don't want to drag you out of the house and wake up your mom."

"Fine, but if I roll and stumble on the way, I blame you for not giving me a piggyback ride to school," I playfully slapped his back as he put his shoes on, earning a slight chuckle from him.

The morning walk was alright, minus the boring ceremony welcome new comers. Fresh meat, as I like to call them. After getting schedules and whatnot, I went to my locker.

Stupid locker, always the same problem even though they're different lockers.

"Great, it's stuck. Now where the hell am I supposed to put my stuff in so that I don't have to hawl it everywhere I go..." I silently curse under my breath. Ugh, why does it have to happen to me? I knew I shouldn't have gotten out of the bed this morning.

"Hey, do you need some help?" A fluff of blonde hair came into my view. Beautiful jawline, eyes that pierced back into my cat-like ones, and a voice that could stop traffic was asking me a question...what did he say now?

"Uhhh...uh..oh yeah, does it look like it? Of course I need help!" I managed to cough out my sentence even though I feel tongue tied. A little short for my liking, but he sure is breath taking.

"Geez, no need to be that way to a person who's offering help," he smoothly opened his lockers as he kept eyeing me.

"Well, it's not like I asked for it!" I felt my hands clench into fists. The nerve of this guy! He's the one who asked if I needed help, he should be the one being nice to me!
"Since it's a new day and because new days call for new starts, why don't you put your stuff in my locker for the time being? You can just text my phone if you need something from it. How about that?" He eyed me, gripping his fingers tightly as he swayed the locker handle dangerously.

"Fine, I guess that's a deal then," I sighed in defeat and shooed him from my way so I can put my belongings into his locker. After a while, I shut it quietly and turned around to not see him. How am I supposed to get his number now? Makes me sad, he was a pretty good looking lad too...and it'll make me sadder if I miss class! Shoot, I gotta run for my life before the late bell rings!

~~~

I opened the door dramatically as I kept panting to get my breathing set to regular.

"Key, where'd you go?" Minho turned to me as I sat down next to his seat.

"I was at...places," I manage to say.

"Alright class, settle down! It's the new school year and I know you guys are still excited from your summer vacation, but settle down! I have to introduce a new student, okay? Jonghyun, will you please come in and introduce yourself please?" The teacher opened the door and called out the same guy I ran into!

"You...," I opened my eyes widely and before I could even shout out what I wanted to, Minho covered my mouth just in time.

"Sorry, sir. Key has some...temperture from the summer heat."

"Thanks Minho", I said into his hand.

"You're welcome, but will you not talk into my hand? It's going to be filled with spit, that's just gross," he patted his hands on my uniform.

"Anyway, if no one minds, my name is Kim Jonghyun. I am a new student here and I hope that I can make a few friends here. Please take good care of me," huh he's a sight. Unlike his appearance, he actually has manners.

"Thanks for the introduction Jonghyun. You can sit behind Key, that seems to be the only open spot." Great teacher, thanks for putting him behind me.

"Hey, sorry I didn't give you my number earlier, the teacher took me by the collar and dragged me into the office to explain about policy and what not...apparently my hair isn't part of it," he started to talk into my ear as he took his seat, "anyway, here's my number. just text it, alright?"

I took the card from it and examined it carefully....well he did ask for a text.

To: Jonghyun

From: Key

Thanks for the number, I'll keep you in mind;)

I hear a chuckle from behind as soon as I sent the message.

"Then I guess I have to try my best to stay in your mind."

~End Flashback~

"But...I did it all for us!"
Jonghyun's done so much for me and I never show my appreciation. When I heard him say that sentence, I felt like my heart was fluttering it's wings and soaring out of my body. I felt as if someone needed me, someone wanted me, like I had a place in the world. Even though I feel this way, why don't I ever show it? Why couldn't I show my true feelings to him? Why couldn't I be happy and instead of saying those stingy words, why couldn't I say something nice like "Jonghyun, I didn't know you still felt the way I do,"?

If only things were easy like it was back then in high school.

Why did I do that? I wasted a great relationship because of my selfishness. If only I didn't do that, then I...

"Key? I know you're in here, I saw you run towards the bathroom!" I heard Minho's voice bounce off the walls of the empty bathroom.

"Yes? Mi-minho, I...I ruined a wonderful relationship because I'm so stupid! Help me...help me Minho...," I jump out of the stall and grab onto his black jacket. I felt my own tears wet the fabric as I hold onto his jacket.

"Key," I heard him whisper as he turned around, causing me to drop my hands to my side, "Listen to me, I don't know what happened, but you are not stupid. I'm sure what you said was for a good reason. Look, we have to board our plane soon, so either way we have to get back out there."

"I...I told him to grow up a little and reflect on his actions....you know how he won't like that, right? You know how selfish he is...that's...that's why I did it! But I didn't have to be so...so harsh..." I croutch down and wrap my arms around myself.

I heard Minho let out a long sigh and felt two strong arms squeeze me.

"What you did was right. It was perfect for him. He needed someone to draw him back to reality. I'm sure he'll think over it and will come to you after the flight. Everything will be alright, okay?"

"Yeah, I guess so. Minho, thanks for comforting me, but this hug isn't making my lungs comfortable at all....will you let go already? I need to breathe! And I need to look nice to get out there. I'm Kim Kibum and Kim Kibum never goes out looking like trash!"

a/n: I feel so bad for Key right now :c I really love him too>< The reason why the bathroom is his favorite place is because when he was in high school he would often be (cause he was sooo beautiful) for ual release and he would always hide in a stall so they don't find him (and he wasn't like in a bathroom stall or anything, they often him during gym class when he was changing and stuff:x)...Yeah, this story is messed up>< but bear with me! It's going to be a good story~~~~~~~

Sorry for not updating much, I feel uber bad:c I've been too lazy and I couldn't think of what to write for a while, but I'm back! And I apologize if there are any spelling errors!

Comments are welcome and don't forget to subscribe~~:3

Did you guys hear Super Junior's new song? It's sooo good^^ AND the mv is going to come out on July 4th!! I can't wait~~:) Speaking of Suju, I might add a little drama between Eunhae and Jongkey (OMG SPOILER!!)