Old Friend

Hi! I'm Mr. Nam's Wife

 

Namu was lying on her stomach at the playground while staring up to the blue sky. She was alone until she heard a voice. “Meow~” GyuGyu appeared out of nowhere.

Namu looked at him. “Meow~” She stood up with her four feet and stepped to him.

GyuGyu looked at her before snuggled his head toward her. GyuGyu looked at her stomach, “Meow?”

“Meow~” Namu answered.

 

It was holiday when you decided to go to the supermarket to buy some groceries.  You walked through the hallway while checking the lists that you prepared before. “Biscuit, milk, orange juice,-“

”Babe, how much left? I’m tired.” Woohyun interrupted. He was lazily pushing the trolley behind you.

“There’re many things that we need to buy, I’ll try to find it as quickly as possible. Eh, there’s the biscuit!” You ensured before rushed to the biscuit side at the supermarket. Woohyun looked at you in disbelief and let out an unsatisfied bored groan. The trolley was already full and you still have lots of thing to bought, Woohyun shook his head before followed you from behind.

You finished shop the groceries at the night and decided to have a dinner outside. Woohyun brought you to your favorite seafood restaurant. Woohyun helped you to take out the chair and placed the napkin on your lap before he sat on his seat. The waiter came with the menus and gave it to you and Woohyun before left.

“What do you want, babe?” Woohyun asked as his eyes still on the menu.

“I don’t know, let me see…”You tapped your finger on your mouth while your eyes were wildly looking on the menu.

“Woohyun?” A beautiful woman appeared out of nowhere. Both of you looked up. You examined her figure. She owned beautiful eyes, sharp nose, kissable lips, tanned skin and well curved body, perfect to make guys drooling over her.

The woman curled her bangs over her ear before lowered her body to Woohyun’s level and smiled. “It’s you!” She clapped her palms together.

Woohyun widened his eyes in shock. “Ai-Ailee...noona?” He stuttered.

“Yah! You can’t remember already? How could you!” The woman hit Woohyun’s shoulder.

“He-hello.” You greeted her, felt uneasy with the closeness between Woohyun and the woman. She shifted her gaze to you.

“That’s my wife, Minjoo.” Woohyun introduced you to the woman. You held out your hand, “Minjoo” , “Ailee” the woman shook her hand with you.

“Aha~ so you’re married already? Why didn’t you invite me to the wedding?” Ailee raised her eyebrows.

Woohyun rubbed the back of his neck; “I lost contact with you, so I couldn’t invite you.” he faked a smile. *Actually, I deleted all the things about you from my life dictionary*

“I never change my phone number, unless you lose it.” Ailee folded her arms together. She knew; Woohyun could reach her if he wanted to.

“I guess so…” He hesitated to answer.

“Don’t want to invite me to eat together?” Ailee asked.

“Uh-oh, please sit here.” You shifted in your seat to give some space to her. She sat elegantly and placed her beautiful wallet on her lap. You could tell that she was a ‘high class’ woman referring from what she wear from head to toe. The three of you were having dinner together.

The three of you stepped out from the restaurant when Ailee spoke, “Err…Can I… talk to you… alone?” She asked Woohyun. He looked at you as he seems like seeks permission from you, and you nodded.

“I-I’ll wait in the car, key?” You held out your hand to ask the car key from Woohyun. He gave the car key and you left the two of them, alone. You entered the car and waited for Woohyun. You tried to look over if you could see their figure from inside the car. Fortunately, you could see Woohyun’s back and decided to peek over.

“I-I’m sorry.” Ailee lowered her head, ashamed with herself.

“But why?” Woohyun asked, confused.

“I-I’m sorry because I left you. I-I regretted it.” Ailee tried to hold her tears.

“We can’t do anything with it, noona. I’m married.” Woohyun answered, without looking at her.

“You used to call me Yejin noona.” She faked a smile.

“The reality makes me want to leave this world, it painful.” She continued as her eyes started to burst out in tears. She looked straight into his eyes, “Do you, hate me?” She asked.

“At first, yes. I do hate you. But, after I met Minjoo; she teach me to love the world.” He shifted his head to Ailee. “Noona, I pray that you’ll be happy with that guy.” Woohyun was about to took a step to leave when Ailee grabbed his hand.

“He… Junhee, left me… when I said… I’m pregnant… and this is his child.” Ailee bit her lower lips to hold back her tears.

Woohyun widened his eyes, “You’re… what?”

 

Flashback

Woohyun was kneeling on the ground while his hands hold onto Ailee’s wrists, tightly. “Please don’t…” He begged.

Ailee slowly removed her hands and took a step backward. “I’m sorry. I’ve thought about this long ago, I need a man in my age to take good care of me. I hope you’ll meet a beautiful girl and fall in love with her.” Before Ailee could take her leave, Woohyun took her arm and pulled her into his embrace.

“But I love you, Yejin noona. I only love you. Only you.”Woohyun tighten the hug with his eyes closed.

Ailee pushed him away. “You’re too young. Junhee is the only guy that fit me.”

“I’ll try my best to become a man that could protect you for the rest of my life. Please give me the chance.” Woohyun begged again.

Ailee shook her head. “No… It was my mistake for accept you before. We should break up.” With that, she left. She left Woohyun alone at the park that they used to date. Woohyun’s legs became weak and without knowing, his legs fell to the ground. He looked blankly to the ring that was still shining on his left finger, the ring that used to become the sign of their love. Slowly, tears fell from his eyes and goes down to the ring. As if the sky could feel the same feeling that Woohyun had, they were crying together with him. Woohyun cried in the rain. He couldn’t believe it, he looked up to search the soul of his heart. He stood up and ran to find Ailee.

“Yejin noona!!!!!”Woohyun cried for her name.

“Noona!!!!!!!!!!!”Woohyun keep screaming her name while searching for her.

“Ye-“ Woohyun stopped when he saw his heart, was standing at the bus stop, alone. He ran to her.

“Yejin noona.”

She widened her eyes. Before she could react, Woohyun took her to his embrace and kissed her deeply, as much as he loves her, as much as to show to her that he could protect her in his arm.

End of flashback

 

Ah-ha....