6.

Horizon

 

 

"I don't know what you are talking about."
Wu Fan scoffed at Jong In's obvious lie. "I'm not stupid and I'm not here to play. Tell me. I'm worried and I can't help Tao, but you seem to know why he cried."

Jong In sighed and bit his lower lip. "Okay, I'll tell you. But Chanyeol and Baekhyun don't know this, so you better not say a thing."
Satisfied, Wu Fan nodded, and a little smirk appeared on his lips.
"Well, I guess you could understand that he was sad… that music box was his, probably the melody reminded him of something. But the problem is in the past." Jong In explained. He took a deep breath and continued to talk. "I found him one year ago with that huge box in his hands… he was crying, he was injured and he was lying in crater. There were pieces of a machine all around him, but I don't know what that was, and still now he refuses to tell me."

Wu Fan hummed. "What are the contents of that box?" Jong In shrugged. "Well, I don't know. It's full of things that I have never saw in my entire life. Chanyeol couldn't understand what they were, either."

Well, that was strange… Tao had objects that nobody had ever heard of. But Jong In looked like he still had something to say.
"But the most particular thing was that he didn't know where he was, he didn't know the date and he understood only a few words."

That made click something in Wu Fan's mind. Tao clearly told him: he didn't belong to that planet.

"I wasn't with Chanyeol at the time… I met him only three months after that. But he found that machine, and when Tao saw that he was trying to repair it, he freaked out and told us that it was dangerous to have something like that. That it could change past, present and future."

Wu Fan started to understand what Tao meant. A loud noise startled them, and he sighed.
"Let's continue this conversation another time." The other one nodded and the two of them returned to the huge room.

There were Chanyeol and Baekhyun laughing, while hugging each other: when the couple saw Jong In and Wu Fan, the taller one chuckled. "Go call Sehun and Tao, it's lunch time!"
They nodded, and Wu Fan quickly went to Tao's room. He found the young man still sleeping, and with a smile, he crept near him.

He started to caress his hair and he softly kissed his cheek. "You're beautiful." He whispered, his gaze clouded by the proximity of Tao's face. He slowly got lost in his sweet scent and without thinking about his actions, he continued to kiss his neck, his jaw, his cheek and got near his plump lips.

Tao whimpered under him, and opened his eyes. He immediately started to search for Wu Fan's warm body, and wrapped his arms around his neck as soon as he found it. With a content sigh, Tao nuzzled his nose against Wu Fan's skin, and kissed it.

The taller one shook with pleasure and made him sit up, moving his head on Tao's lap.

"It's lunch time." He purred while his hands crept under the young man's shirt.

Tao shuddered, but smiled and caressed Wu Fan's hair. "Hm, let's go, I bet you're really hungry."

Wu Fan looked at him with an intense gaze and smirked. He slowly got up and kissed the corner of his mouth, just like Tao had done with him.

His scent quickly clouded again his mind, and as he backed away, afraid to do something that could scare him, Wu Fan caressed Tao's red cheeks.

"You taste sweet." He murmured with a loving smile. The two of them stood up and Tao took the other's hand. "I'm glad that you're my mate. I don't care if you don't like me… I promise you I'll do everything to make you happy." Wu Fan continued. Tao chuckled and kissed his cheek.

"Don't worry, I trust you. Just wait for me… you deserve to be happy, too."
The couple silently went to the huge room again and Tao took Wu Fan through another door: they entered a huge and colorful living room, where the rest of the group was staying.
"There you are! I was starving!" Chanyeol said with a wide smile on his face. In the centre of the room, there was a big table full of food. The group sat and begun to eat and chat.

Wu Fan felt as if he was part of a family. He smiled when Baekhyun fed Chanyeol and he sighed happily. He was slowly feeling normal. He felt particular pleased that they gave him their trust, a bed, food and clothes, and he decided that he would help them in every way possible.
"We have to meet somebody at 3 o'clock." Jong In said before munching a slice of bread. "Some guy from your place, Wu Fan. But I don't know if he was a prisoner."

Near him, Sehun rolled his eyes. "I know you don't like it, but we have to. He will probably live with us."

Wu Fan had the particular feeling that whoever was this man, he was someone that would change many things inside that family.

"That reminds me… we have to give you a room. I prefer if you stay with Tao, you looked calm while sleeping on his lap!" Chanyeol said with a little grin.

Of course, these words made blush Tao and Wu Fan coughed while stabbing his food. That looked good, and it was truly delicious, he hadn't eaten real steak since a long time.

He didn't think much, and after lunch, Baekhyun gave him some of his files. "Look at them with Tao, but be ready to go out at 2:30… And remember to cover your face, Wu Fan!"

A bit nervous, once inside their room, Wu Fan asked Tao not to read them. "I want to, but not now: I'm… scared. Maybe this evening." He whispered, looking at the ground. Tao just took his hand and he kissed his cheek. "I understand, don't worry."
Wu Fan smiled as a feeling of happiness spread from his heart. Tao was just perfect for him. Whatever he would say to him, he would always answer with a smile, a kiss, a hug. 

He looked at his back as he took some clothes, and he shivered a bit. When Tao wasn't near him, he felt cold, empty, almost useless; he couldn't understand why having a mate was so important, but he didn't really care because every problem disappeared when Tao was there.

"Look, we brought you some clothes!" The young man gave him some sweatshirts, Wu Fan took them and sat on the bed. "Come here." He murmured with a soft tone. Tao stopped and looked at him, and after a moment, he was next to him. Wu Fan smiled with satisfaction and slowly kissed his neck. He didn't want to change his clothes, he wanted to cuddle with him and maybe sleep again.

Tao chuckled and started to take off his shirt. "After you change, ok?" Wu Fan grunted and put on a black long-sleeved shirt. The other one fixed his bangs and smiled sweetly at him. "It wasn't that hard, was it? You'll be warmer like this."

Wu Fan didn't say anything and let Tao choose the rest, a long thick jacket with a hood. Then, he took a scarlet scarf from a drawer next to him and smiled.

"This is mine." He said while putting it around his neck. "I'll always be with you, like this."

He sighed softly and smelled Tao's scent.

He didn't even remember that he went in the van, he was too focused on that scarf to understand what he was doing.

His eyes were covered by the hood, his face by the scarf, and he stared at Tao and no one else when they arrived at their destination, an abandoned farm.

He looked away only when he heard a gasp and he saw the man that they had to meet.

Man was a big word; he looked like a young boy with simple clothes. But Wu Fan didn't like him. He seemed too innocent in his eyes, too beautiful to be a human. And his scent clearly told him that he was dangerous.

Mixed with earth, Wu Fan could smell blood, too.

He growled at him and the boy turned to him and smiled.
"Hello, I'm Luhan. You must be that experiment that run away."

Wu Fan couldn't understand, but a second after Luhan said those words he found himself on the ground, his body aching with pain; with a choked noise he tried to stand up, but an incredible force kept him on the ground.

Whatever it was, it was hurting him really bad. He couldn't hear anything anymore, but he was sure he was screaming, and probably struggling to get free. But in that moment, he was worried for Tao. What if that boy wanted to kill him? He preferred to die and save Tao's life than to watch him dying in his arms.

He felt as if he was drowning, if that made sense. The force suddenly disappeared and Wu Fan took a breath and started coughing. Someone embraced him and he clutched at his jacket, already knowing that those were Tao's arms, and when he lifted his gaze, he saw Luhan eyes.

He looked like he had seen the most wonderful thing in the world.

But in front of him, there was just Sehun, that had grabbed his hand and was staring at the boy with pleading eyes.

 

 

 


A/N:
Dun duuun! I updated early, sorry (?). Ahahaha, sorry guys, Luhan appeared only at the end. ^O^
What do you think of this chapter? @w@ Tao has a secret... what is it? And Wu Fan understood something...
What about Luhan?! @___@
Thanks for reading, let me know what do you think of this chapter! ;w;