12.

Horizon

 

 

Tao sighed and opened his eyes. He immediately realized that he was in Wu Fan's arms and he smiled, as he leant even more in his warm body.

He looked at the clock and stirred when he saw that it was late afternoon. "Wu Fan." He called with a soft tone. "Time to wake up…" The other man groaned and tightened his hug. "We have to get up, we need to eat something." Wu Fan shook his head and stared at him with half-lidded eyes.
"Kiss me and I might get up." He croaked. Tao chuckled and pecked his lips. "I'm spoiling you."

Wu Fan smiled and slowly sat up. "No, you're not. Anyway you have to meet someone." The young man stood up and looked at him, curious. "I feel a bit dizzy." He whispered. The other put an arm around his waist and kissed his neck. "I'm here for you." Wu Fan murmured. Tao hummed and he kissed him on his lips once again. "Let's go." He said as they parted.

Wu Fan didn't move and cupped his cheeks; with a swift movement, he bit Tao's lower lip, making him gasp. Tao put his arms around the other's neck and sighed in pleasure when Wu Fan his lips. "W-what are you trying to do…?" He whispered before kissing him again. Their kiss was messy, passionate and it left them without breath.
"W-Wu Fan…?" The taller one just smiled and tugged him towards the door. "Come on, let's go." They went to the huge living room and Tao grinned when he saw Sehun, Luhan and Jong In chatting on the couch.
"Tao! You're finally awake!" Jong In said with a wide smile; he quickly stood up and run to him. He hugged Tao and he sighed. "We were so worried!" The young man chuckled and sat on the couch, followed by Wu Fan.
"I'm sorry. I'm happy to see you're okay, though." Tao said while leaning on Wu Fan arms. He felt a bit dizzy, but he didn't want to keep sleeping at all. "Yes, Lay cured us!" Luhan explained. "He'll come here in a few minutes, with Suho."
Tao hummed and looked at Sehun when he cleared his throat.

"T-Tao…" He whispered with red cheeks; the young man gasped and smiled. "Sehun! I didn't think that after that attack you could talk!" Sehun looked away, embarrassed, and started to play with the hem of his shirt as Luhan snuggled against him. "It's probably thanks to a great shock that he can talk again. Or maybe he felt the need to?" Continued Tao. The young man still felt tired, but he wanted to meet Lay and Suho; he was curious and he wanted to thank them. Without their help, the group could return to their normal activities in a day.

"Need to." Sehun murmured. Jong In smiled softly and put a hand on his tight. "Our Sehun always thinks of us." Just then Baekhyun and Chanyeol entered the room, followed by two young men.
Tao realized that they had to be Lay and Suho. The two scientists sat on one couch and motioned the other two to do like them. "Okay, time to meet my old friend Suho and another experiment from the laboratories, Lay." Started Chanyeol with a big smile.

Wu Fan tightened his hold on Tao's waist; he looked nervous, not exactly happy to meet them. He rested his head on the other's shoulder and sighed, not really interested in that conversation.

"I'm Suho, Chanyeol's old friend… This is Lay, he was part of the Project Angelus."

As everyone greeted them, Tao felt Lay's hard stare on him. He was uncomfortable, he didn't know why he was looking at him in that way. His eyes were full of anger and sadness, and Tao didn't know what to do. Wu Fan shifted and tensed a bit when he saw Lay's gaze. "Don't worry about him." He carefully whispered to Tao as the others introduced themselves. The young man nodded and smiled softly at him.

"You already know who am I." The taller one said with a grunt. Suho chuckled and Lay smiled warmly. "I'm glad to see you're more than alright." The former answered.
Tao guessed that they met in the laboratory; as he glanced at Lay, he saw his loving gaze towards Wu Fan and he couldn't help but feel a bit worried. Was that boy in love with him?
"I'm Tao, nice to meet you." He said in his usual soft tone. Lay returned to glare at him, but Wu Fan growled, angry. "Stop that, Lay." The young man looked away, embarrassed, as the other caressed Tao's waist. The little group stared, surprised at Wu Fan's tone, but didn't say anything when Tao coughed slightly and continued to talk.
"Oh, Lay. Jong In said that it was thanks to you if everyone's safe now…" Lay continued to look away, but he was still angry. "Yeah, so what?" He answered in a rude tone. Suho seemed not happy at all with his behavior. "Uh, I just wanted to thank you." Tao finished. Lay stood up and walked away, towards the exit, while covering his face.

"D-did I do something wrong?" Wu Fan breathed deeply and stood up, too. "He's mad at you because you're my mate. Don't worry, I'll deal with him." He ruffled his hair with a slight smirk and run away.

Tao wasn't exactly happy to hear that, but he sighed because he knew he couldn't do much. Jong In sat next to him and patted his shoulder. "Hey, don't worry too much." He mumbled. Tao nodded and lowered his head. Suho just sighed as he looked at him.

"Lay thinks that Wu Fan is his mate… but it's not like that. He's just in love with him, so his feelings might change. Unfortunately, he doesn't want to believe this and he thinks he's damned for his entire life." Baekhyun stared at him with a curious gaze. "What? I thought he was just like the other experiments, that he had a mate." Suho shook his head and looked at the group with teary eyes.

"Only the scientists in the laboratory and Lay knew that. Project Angelus… an angel must love every creature in this planet. That's why he doesn't have a mate. But he's still human, so he can fall in love, he can feel anger or jealousy towards someone." Suho sighed again. "But an angel must know who is good and who's bad; he have to save people that deserve his grace. Lay doesn't want to be the one that have to be the hero. He's able to love someone else, but he doesn't want to. He says that he can't control his powers, but that's not true. It's like he wants to be damned just like every experiment."

Everyone kept silent. After a long minute, Tao spoke.
"Is it because he can't revive dead people?" He whispered softly. Suho just stared at him, surprised. "It's better like that. No one should play with time." The young man continued. He looked incredibly tired, but he didn't want to sleep yet. His eyes were full of sadness and they started to get glossy.
"What do you mean?" Luhan asked. Tao just shrugged. "Playing with time means playing with people's life. It's stupid and it's useless. Playing with time means having a great power and a huge responsibility; it shouldn't be something that a human can do, maybe only a god can have the duty to control time. Lay is just a human, not a god nor an angel."

Tao stood up with a blank stare. "I'm going to eat something." He walked away slowly, too dizzy to go faster. The group looked at him as he disappeared in the kitchen; Jong In stared at the ceiling with a thoughtful look.
"He's hiding something and he's suffering because of that secret. I wonder why he doesn't want to talk about that." The group sighed and Suho stood up just as Wu Fan returned.
"Where's Tao?" He asked immediately. He didn't look happy at all; probably Lay said or did something that Wu Fan didn't like. "In the kitchen, he was hungry. He seemed sad, cheer him up." Baekhyun answered with a worried look. Wu Fan's gaze softened; he nodded and quickly left, leaving everyone with the strange feeling that Tao's words had created.

 

 


A/N:
Ok, there's something new about Lay... but what about Tao?
He's still hiding something... @-@
Well, next chapter, we'll read something about Kris past (that includes Lay, too!). ^^
Anyway, I'll probably write a chapter or more with ... is it a good idea? D:
I'll leave you with with your reviews' answers and a poll! *O*

sherilyntheeurasian: Ahhh, it may happen, you know...?

Bliss_Destiny: LOL XD Poor Lay XD Don't worry, he's not gonna do much ^^;

imyourshupahgirl: Ahahaha, poor Lay, but Taoris are staying together! *^*

chigire: I think you should reread chapter 10! XD

morrastar: Yes, poor Lay! ;w;

red-handed: Don't think so, I'm sorry! T__T