17.

Horizon

 

 

 

Jong In was more than angry. Tao looked terribly depressed and the only person that could make him smile was Wu Fan, who showered him with love, kisses and hugs. Every time the taller man kissed him, Tao would look at him with a sweet smile on his lips.

He wasn't jealous – well, maybe a bit. He, too, wanted someone to love, but he couldn't choose who, so he had to search everywhere. Anyway, since Tao didn't want to talk about his metal box, he decided to ask to the seller, Kyungsoo.

Jong In was sure that Tao told him something, and he wanted to know the secret behind the box. He said goodbye to his family, saying that he had to meet an old friend, and quickly run away. He took the van and started driving, his destination was the marketplace, where he could find Kyungsoo's shop.

 

Well, the marketplace was pretty crowded, but he could find easily Kyungsoo's shop. He entered and looked around; the walls were colorful and there were many objects all around the room. He stared at an old dirty statue and he lingered his fingers on the cold marble. Just as he backed away, a voice greeted him.

"Good morning, what can I do for you?" Jong In looked up and saw a young man with dark hair and plump lips. He frowned and stared with great intense at him. "You can come with me to drink something." He said with a grin. The other man gasped slightly and widened his eyes. "W-what? But I need to stay here, I'm the only one in this shop."

Jong In shrugged. "I figured, but you need to come with me." He growled. Kyungsoo gulped and looked around. "W-why?" He asked, obviously scared. The taller man just took his hand and tugged his towards the exit. "P-please! Don't hurt me!" He shouted. Jong In just glared at him and took the key that Kyungsoo had as a necklace; he closed the shop and tugged the young man away from his shop.
The entered a café and they sat in a quiet corner. Kyungsoo glanced around, now more relaxed. "What do you want from me?" He asked now with a steady tone. Jong In looked at him with a serious gaze. "I want to ask you a few things." He mumbled. The waitress arrived and with a smile she took their orders. She quickly walked away and Kyungsoo nodded, feeling slightly curious.

"I know that a young man with dark eyes and dark hair bought a metal box from you." Jong In said. He lowered his tone and continued to talk. "That box had something inside. And that man is now really sad, but I don't understand why. He burnt the contents right after he opened the box. I need you to tell me what happened between the two of you."

Kyungsoo stayed in silence for a long minute. The waitress arrived with their orders and smiled sweetly at them. He took a sip of his juice and stared at Jong In. "What do you want from him?" He answered with a stern tone. The other man just smiled slightly. "Don't worry. I don't want to hurt him. I need to know those things because he's suffering greatly and I want to help him."

Kyungsoo nodded and started talking. "He arrived just as I opened my shop… he told me that he saw something that he wanted to buy. When he asked me for the metal box I was really surprised, because the price was really high. I told him that it was ancient, that he couldn't afford it, but he immediately corrected me. He said that he was 'Tao', the one mentioned on the box, and that it was fake. It was a joke by his parents." He stopped and looked at him. "Is it true? Is his name Tao?"

Jong In nodded. "Yes. So what did you do?" Kyungsoo hummed and shifted his gaze on the table. "I lowered immediately the price and he bought it, thanking me thousands times. I never looked at the contents, thought…" Jong In sighed softly and rubbed his eyes. "Okay. Thank you, I'm sorry I scared you." He mumbled. The young man frowned.

"But I don't understand!" He said, confused. "You're the second person that asked me about that metal box." Jong In gasped and looked at him, incredibly surprised. "Someone else wanted that box? Did that person asked you about Tao?" Kyungsoo nodded, now worried. "But I didn't tell him anything about him… I just told him that the box was actually fake. That man looked really angry when he got to know that I had already sold it."

Jong In tapped his fingers on the table, worried. "Did that guy say something else?" Kyungsoo blinked. "Well, he told me that he will return next week. I don't know why, but now I'm kind of worried." The taller man stood up as he left money on the table. "Come with me." He said without looking at the young man, who followed him immediately.

They returned at the shop and Jong In looked around, nervous. "Okay, I'll give you twenty minutes to gather your stuff in some boxes. You're coming with me, that man will probably use you or try to kill you." He explained. Kyungsoo widened his eyes once again and started to pick some of the most essential things: money and clothes. Fortunately, his flat was right behind the shop, and after some time, he had five boxes full of everything.

They walked to the van and the put the boxes in it; they got in and Jong In started driving back home. Kyungsoo looked outside, at the horizon. He closed his eyes and started crying in silent, trying to cover his sobs with his hands. He desperately wiped away his tears, but it was useless as new ones fell on his cheeks, wetting them once again.

Jong In sighed softly and stole a glance at him. His eyes were already red and he could understand that he was feeling sad and confused. "What is going to happen to me?" Kyungsoo asked with unsteady voice. "You're going to live with me and a few friends of mine. You'll find Tao, too. It's not exactly a normal group, but you'll like them." He replied.

The young man opened his eyes and stared at Jong In. "Can you tell me what is happening in general? I mean, why was that box so important?" He asked. The other man shrugged. "I don't know. The only thing I'm sure of, is that there's a bunch of mad scientists that want to put their hands on a project. And they hurt my friends."

Kyungsoo kept silent till they reached the field. Jong In stepped out of the van and looked at the other young man doing the same. He sighed and walked towards him. "I know that it's really difficult for you… but you don't need to worry." Kyungsoo scoffed and stared at him as new tears started to wet his cheeks.
"How can I not worry?! A complete stranger dragged me away from my city, my life, and now you're telling me that I could have died if I had stayed there!" He started sobbing loudly, not caring anymore to hid his face. Jong In felt his heart breaking at the sight; he was right, but he did so only to help him. He slowly wrapped his arms around Kyungsoo's lean body and hugged him tightly, trying to comfort him.

He caressed carefully his back and the young man stopped crying after a long minute. "It's okay." Jong In whispered, knowing that it wasn't true. "Since I was the one to bring you here, I'll take care of you. You won't be alone." Kyungsoo smiled weakly and leant even more on the taller man's arms.

 


A/N:
Ahhh! I have something really important to say! *O*
Go read Experiment KR0611S by AngelInHisHeart! It's based on chapter 13 of this fic, so if you want to read about Kris' past in the laboratories, this fic it's perfect for you~! *^*
Also, contact me on my tumblr, too! <3 I'll be happy to answer your questions! *O*
I hope to see many reviews, please make me happy! T^T

LavishlyLay: Hi new reader~! I'm happy to read that you like the storyline and Kris and Tao relationship! ^O^ I hope you liked this chapter! ^w^

shikalila: The story is set on the 3014 ^-^ I wrote the century, but not the year, in chapter 13! ^^; Here's the update, are you happy? *^*

asianeattherice: Ahhh! Thank you! >w< I promise there will be more hunhan and kaisoo moments! >-<