10.

Horizon

 

 

"He's getting worse."

Sehun opened his eyes and looked around. Next to him was lying Jong In, who was awake; he looked worried, but the most important thing was that he was still alive.

"J-Jong—" Sehun tried to call him, but he just started coughing. His friend quickly took his hand and caressed his arm, trying to calm him.

"Sehun, we were so worried for you…" The younger one slowly sat up and looked around. Baekhyun was sitting not too far from them.

"Do you want to see Tao?" He mumbled. He looked incredibly tired and his eyes were red. Sehun nodded and he slowly stood up.

His shoulder felt numb, but he didn't really care because when he looked back he saw that Jong In's face was red and his cheeks were wet and his body was shaking.

He walked to Tao's room and he opened the door.

It was dark, but he immediately saw Wu Fan, who was kneeling on the ground.

He gasped when he entered the room; Tao was lying on his bed and he looked like he was dying. His skin was pale and his breath was heavy. Wu Fan was caressing his face and Sehun could see how much he was suffering for Tao's condition.

"He got infected." Wu Fan whispered. "They injured him and he got infected. Chanyeol is trying to make an antidote, but the virus is too strong and…" He stopped and held his breath as Tao stirred, but continued to talk when he saw that the young man keep sleeping. "He's dying. I let them hurt him and now he's dying."

Sehun started crying in silence. That sight was heartbreaking: Tao was practically a corpse and Wu Fan was weeping for him and couldn't do anything but watch over him.

Baekhyun put a hand on his shoulder and Wu Fan sighed, without taking off his eyes from Tao.

"I know… Chanyeol won't find an antidote. But I think I have one." He murmured confidently. "We have to use my blood."

Sehun looked at him with wide eyes. Wu Fan was right: he recovered quickly from any scratch, so probably his blood could destroy the virus, too.

Baekhyun nodded and smiled. "It may work. We have to try." He turned around and quickly went to another room. Sehun just returned to Jong In, that was trying to sit on the bed.

"Sehun!" He said surprised. The younger helped him and smiled weakly; he was still crying, but he had hope. He hugged his friend and relaxed when he felt Jong In hugging him back.

"J-Jong… In." He whispered with shaking voice. The other caressed his back and smiled. "I'm so happy to hear your voice again… But don't strive yourself. "

Sehun smiled; it was hard to talk again, he felt insecure, but he needed to tell him some things.
"Tao… he's…" Jong In stared at him and held his breath. "He's going to… b-be okay." His friend closed his eyes and sighed with a little grin on his lips.

"Good. I was really afraid for him…" They got interrupted by Luhan, who entered the room. He got near them with a big smile and caressed Sehun's head.

"Are you feeling better?" He asked with a sweet tone. The other one nodded and took his hand, making Luhan blush. "T-thank y-you." Sehun stuttered.

The boy looked at him with wide eyes, a huge smile and red cheeks. He chuckled and lightly kissed his forehead. "Your voice is beautiful… anyway, you worry too much." He said chuckling a bit. The younger boy blushed and smiled.

Jong In shuffled on the bed and looked at Luhan with a serious gaze. "He's right… and I think you know who were those men who attacked us."

Luhan looked on the ground and nodded slightly. "Yes, well… they wanted me and Wu Fan, but I don't understand why they tried to capture Tao, too."

Jong In leant on his pillow and sighed heavily. "I guess his arrival was way too particular and someone must have seen him."

Sehun stayed in complete silence. He knew that Tao had many secrets, and he was worried that no one could help him. Those men probably knew what he was hiding, and he understood that whatever it was, it could change the fate of the human race.

"Tao knows so many things… he's full of ideas and he have many objects that I have never seen before." Luhan shook his head. "You've never seen them, but those things existed in the past!"

Sehun gasped and quickly went next to his bookcase; on the ground there were some boxes full of unread books. After a few minutes, he found the one he was searching for, so he returned to his friends.

He quickly turned over the pages and stopped when he saw a picture.

"A music box!" Jong In gasped and took the book to read the description. "A music box is nineteenth century automatic musical instrument… people stopped using them in the twenty-fourth century."

Luhan hummed and sat on the bed, as he leant on Sehun's back. "I don't think there's still someone that can make one, and that means that Tao comes from the past!"

Jong In just shrugged and closed the book. "Well, that might explain why he didn't understand many things, but that doesn't matter right now. I just hope he'll get better…" Sehun nodded and sighed.

It was difficult doing nothing when a friend was practically dying. He was sure that Wu Fan was tired but he wasn't sleeping because he wanted to be sure that Tao was still breathing.

He shivered when he felt Luhan nuzzling his nose against the back of his neck. "Sleepy?" He murmured while looking at him. The boy nodded slightly with his eyes closed and smiled when Sehun wrapped his arms around him.

"Come on, lie here next to us." Jong In chuckled. Luhan did so, making Sehun lie, too. He quickly drifted to sleep as the younger boy caressed his back.

Sehun felt like he needed to sleep, too; but he didn't want to, he was too worried for Tao to start sleeping. However, Jong In noticed that and patted his head.
"You need to rest, I'll wake you up if something happens, okay?" Sehun just smiled weakly and closed his eyes. Luhan was curled against his chest and Jong In was sitting next to him; he felt protected.

Just as he was falling asleep, he heard someone talking outside the room.

"Joonmyeon, I'm so happy that you're alive… care to explain?" He heard Chanyeol say with his low voice. There was a chuckle and a unfamiliar voice started talking. "They didn't hurt me because I didn't do anything to them, that's all." With a sigh, Chanyeol continued talking. "And who is this young man?"

There was silence for a minute. "He's the Project Angelus. Call him Lay. He helped me, he's nice, just a bit afraid of the world, but it's normal."

The voices disappeared and Sehun just hoped that those people brought them good news and not troubles. With a sigh, he brought Luhan closer to his body and smiled when he felt Jong In cover his body with a blanket.

They were his family, and he was glad to have them.

He fell asleep and he didn't dream of anything, but a loud noise and a voice woke him up. It was Baekhyun, that had wide eyes and he took a deep breath.

"Tao… he's…"

 

 

 


A/N:
Yeah, I won't tell you what happened! ùwù
Sehun talked, Tao is dying and Suho and Lay have arrived! @w@
What is going to happen? D:
Well, I hope you like this chapter... But please, make me happy and review! T^T
I was really glad to see so many comments! ^O^

pripri: lol you'll see what happens in next chapter ^^

Bliss_Destiny: so many comments! <3 <3 <3 Yeah... nothing more than a kiss! XD Ahhh, sorry T^T But yeah, Sehun-ah talked *O*

S_JaeHwa: our Sehun-ah! <3 Poor Tao ;w; sorry, you have to wait next chapter to see what happens to him TwT

chigire: I loved your comment! XD We're going to see more about Kris! And Sehun! And Tao, too! @w@ Sehun-ah is going to talk more and more! :3

 

I'm sooooo happy to see so many reviews! ;w; So please, make me happy once again T_T
Until next time, my dear subscribers and readers! <3