25.

Horizon

 

 

 

Luhan closed his eyes and covered himself with a white blanket. Next to him there was Wu Fan, lying asleep; the alien didn't want to look at him. He was scared to see him awake, with pain in his eyes… But fortunately Wu Fan was asleep, his hands clutching at nothing, frowning in his sleep. Just a few minutes before, he was shouting, crying; on his back, there were black wings that were slowly retracting, and Luhan shivered after stealing a glance at them.

Wu Fan was wide awake when a scientist injected a strange liquid in his body, and in less than a minute those wings grew a spread wide; the tall young man had looked at them disgusted, and he immediately tried to rip them out of his back. He kept shouting in pain, but he didn't stop, that's when Luhan decided it was too much. He forced Wu Fan to stop with his own powers and when the young experiment out, Luhan let out a sigh.

Wu Fan, in that moment, hated himself and his body. He probably wanted to die, because he saw himself as a weapon, a treat for everyone… For Tao. The wings disappeared completely, leaving two nasty scars on the man's back. Luhan carefully touched the skin with his cold fingers; Wu Fan whimpered softly. "Tao…" He mumbled in his sleep. The alien quickly covered him with another blanked just as a scientist entered the room.

"What do you want?" Luhan asked with venom in his voice. The scientist didn't answer and wrote a few things; he almost kicked Wu Fan to see if he was awake, but Luhan didn't let him and scarred him away. The man ran away without looking behind. They were left there, in that cold room with nothing but their blankets and their fears; Luhan sighed heavily and covered his head with his hands. He couldn't live like that anymore. Now he could understand what was real pain and sadness. Wu Fan flinched and slowly sat; Luhan smiled, happy to see he was okay, but he froze when the young man shifted away and rested his body against the cold wall. His eyes were unfocused and he started to mumble something with his hoarse voice.

Luhan struggled to understand what he was saying, but when he did, he felt pity for the young man. He kept saying the same things, repeating the words slowly but surely, as if it was a well-known song; his tone was low and he didn't seem to realize he wasn't alone in the room. "Before I die, I'll make Tao happy. I'll make him happy, he will be glad to be alive; then, I'll kill myself. Yes, I don't want to hurt him… I'm a monster, I should die. Yes, if I die, Tao will be even happier. That's right." Luhan covered his mouth and let some tears fall from his eyes. He went near Wu Fan and hugged him tightly.

The experiment just kept murmuring those words without a pause. Luhan was sobbing, but Wu Fan didn't do anything to make him stop; he was in his own world and nothing but Tao could save him from drowning in his feelings.

 

Tao was brought to them a few days later. He looked tired, but his smile was wide when he saw Wu Fan. The young experiment, in those days, did nothing but mutter a few words; but when Tao arrived, he stood up as if he had never been that depressed. The couple hugged and the younger man didn't wait another second and kissed Wu Fan on his lips. Luhan stared at them with a small smile and kept quiet, afraid to ruin their precious moment.

"I love you." Tao whispered as they parted. "I miss you so much." Wu Fan kissed him again, softly, cupping his face with his hands and closing his eyes, as if to print better that moment in his mind. "I love you, too." He mumbled as he rested his head on his lover's shoulder. "I don't want to let you go." Luhan shivered; he knew the meaning behind those words. Wu Fan was still thinking of killing himself after saving Tao, and he didn't seem he wanted to change his plan. The younger man, however, didn't understand what he meant. "You don't have to, Wu Fan… I want to stay with you." The experiment kept quiet and smiled softly. Luhan didn't know what he was thinking of, but he truly hoped that Tao could help him and could make him see how important he was.

Wu Fan closed his eyes and sighed. Luhan kept staring at the couple all the time they were together, careful to understand what was thinking of the experiment. Tao wasn't paying too much attention, he was far too engrossed in those sweet kisses and tight hugs to ask Wu Fan what was worrying him. Those moments were rare and too precious to be wasted with questions that could make them nervous and even sadder. However, Tao felt something as he caressed his lover's back. "There is something…" He mumbled; he immediately started being worried and lifted up his shirt, revealing his scars.

Wu Fan's eyes were full of pain and regret when Tao gasped loudly as he saw those marks on his skin. Luhan kept watching, but he knew how hard it was for the young couple. "W-what happened?" Tao asked softly. "What they did to you?" The answer came after a long minute of silence where the experiment was unsure of his choice of words. "I don't know… But I had a pair of black wings on by back." He revealed, ashamed of himself. Tao covered again his skin and hugged him. "All that matters is that you're okay now." Wu Fan looked at him, surprised. "Aren't you scared of me? Disgusted?" The younger man chuckled softly and pecked his lips. "I love you, I don't care about what happened to you. You're still the same, a pair of wings won't make the difference."

The taller man cupped his face and kissed him deeply. Luhan stared at them, with a smile; Wu Fan had understood, he didn't need to worry anymore.

 

Luhan didn't expect Yixing and Suho. They arrived at night, just when lights went off and everyone else was asleep. "What are you doing here?" He asked. Wu Fan, too, got up and stared with a confused look. Yixing grinned, way too happy to see again his crush, and didn't even notice Suho's hurt gaze. "We're here to cure you. Well, I am, Suho just didn't want to leave me alone." Yixing immediately used his powers to heal Luhan's bruises, but he couldn't took off his eyes from Wu Fan. The alien scoffed slightly; he thought Yixing had started to fell in love with Suho, but it seemed that it was hard to forget someone like Wu Fan.

"Sehun and Tao are okay, so you guys don't have to worry… I know you keep seeing them from time to time, but you never know if they're hiding something. They protected, though I can't say the same for Jong In and Chanyeol…" Explained Suho with a sad tone. Luhan frowned. "What's happening to him?" The scientist sighed heavily. "They found something… Something big. It seems that Jong In is hiding a big secret, but he isn't doing that intentionally. As for Chanyeol, well, he's trapped; they're experimenting on his since the day he had arrived here."

Wu Fan looked at him, interested. "What do they want to do to them?" Suho shrugged. "Chanyeol's skin is now fireproof and his body temperature has increased to an impressive level. Jong In is in a delicate position: they think he's an alien… And unfortunately, they're right. We don't know what are his powers, but I think he's too strong for us. In a few days we'll come back. I don't want to see you in this cell anymore." Yixing stopped healing Luhan and looked and Wu Fan with loving eyes.

"Are you okay?" He asked gently. The experiment just snorted; he suddenly looked angry and nervous. He shook his head and looked away. After a few seconds he just turned away from Yixing and lied down on his bed, covering himself with his blanket. "I hate it. What do you want to do? Do you want to start a war?" Project Angelus sighed heavily and went near Suho. "I'm sorry, Wu Fan. We don't really know what to do. We don't want anyone dying." The experiment didn't answer and didn't make a noise. Luhan sighed and covered himself. "Just go before they came here and found who healed me… And please, tell Sehun I love him and I miss him."

Suho smiled weakly and nodded before tugging Yixing away from the cell. When Luhan heard no more noises, he turned his head towards Wu Fan. "Hey, are you scared?" He asked quietly. The other kept quiet; the alien was about to give up when he received his answer. "I am. A lot." Wu Fan said quietly. "I'm scared of losing my mind. I'm scared of losing Tao." Luhan looked sadly at his back. He suddenly got up and strangely, he wasn't surprised when he heard the taller man was sobbing softly. He went under the blankets, next to Wu Fan, and hugged him. He fell asleep only when he felt the young man had calmed down and smiled when he heard a croaked 'thank you' from him.

 


A/N:
I'm really sorry, you had to wait a lot for this chapter! >.<''
I was busy with school, I'm sure you'll understand. ^^
Next chapter will be full of action, don't worry! ^O^ And thank you so much to whoever voted this fic and to everyone who commented! *O*
Please go visit my http://yukofanworks.tumblr.com/">tumblr for much more and read http://www.asianfanfics.com/story/view/258245/experiment-kr0611s-monster-kris-wufan-experiments">Experiment KR0611S, a prequel by http://www.asianfanfics.com/profile/view/93099">AngelInHisHeart based on this fic! >w<

rainflow: Thank you so much! *^* I'm happy you decided to leave a comment, it always makes me happy to see a review! *O*

--shininglight: Ahahaha, it's okay to be confused ^w^ I think some questions will be answered in next chapter! :3

sherilyntheeurasian: You'll find out in next chapter, don't worry! >.<

Asakusahime: They'll get out of there really soon!

Divakey0305: Ahahahah XD Somebody will free them, you'll see! :3

morrastar: Ah, teleported his love... I like your theory! ^O^

asianeattherice: I'll explain everything in next chapter :3

imyourshupagirl: You'll see in next chapter, sorry >w<''

seonri9095: Yup, our Kyungsoo is falling for Jong In! *O*

berna04: Ahhh, thank you so much! TT_TT

Lemonadismdrew: Oh God, Thank you so much! TT___TT My grammar isn't the best, but I'm glad you think I have great imagination! >o<