3.

Horizon

 

 

 

 

"You're a heavy sleeper." That was Jong In told him when he woke up again inside the van.

It was getting annoying, he didn't want to sleep that much.

Wu Fan just clicked his tongue and sat up. "I guess I am."
Jong In smirked and motioned him to get out of the van.

They were near a crowded market, in the city.

He didn't like humans, he didn't like the idea of other people touching him and looking at him.

And he was stuck with that little group; he didn't want to live alone anymore, even if that meant to be with humans.

"Ok, well, Chanyeol told us what are you, so if you feel out of place or if you have killing intents or something like that, just tell me."

What? Was he serious?
"Anyway, you don't have to worry: we are a group of freaks, if you want to call us like that. I am a thief, Chanyeol is a mad scientist, Sehun can't talk. Don't know a thing about Baekhyun and Tao, though, but I think Baekhyun is a scientist, too."

Wu Fan coughed again.
A thief wasn't exactly a freak, but he could understand that Jong In was a mischievous boy.

Anyway, it seemed like everyone had a problem in that group.
"Who is this Baekhyun, anyway?" He asked, a bit curious. He didn't saw him in the van.

"Oh, just Chanyeol partner-in-crime, or even better, lover."

Jong In laughed a bit and looked away.

"Hey, I'm not really scared of you, don't worry. You looked like a loyal puppy near Tao."

Wu Fan scoffed, but he didn't care if he looked weak, anyway.

Some people saw the pair and tried to gain their attention.

"Do you want to buy a bracelet? It will keep monsters away. Nowadays monsters are getting stronger." An old woman said.

Jong In shook his head and chuckled. Wu Fan just snorted and glared at the women, scaring them.

Stupid women, as if a little bracelet could do something.

A bomb could kill him, or something like too much blood loss. Or a bullet in his head.

He sighed and turned around when he heard someone else's voice.

"You two, don't go around just like that."

In front of them stood Tao, with a kind smile on his lips. Wu Fan looked at him with a loving gaze, and again, he felt as if there were just the two of them.
Jong In went to him and hugged Tao, with a particular, hopeful look. He kissed lightly his cheek and gave him a sweet smile when the other returned the gesture.

Wu Fan felt the jealousy creeping, but he continued to stare at Tao.

He looked at the younger one running away with a little grin and a flushed face.

Obviously, Jong In felt something for Tao, but he didn't blame him for that.

But he hoped he was just confused, or that he was just worshipping the young man.

Tao was only his property.

The boy got near him and with a smile he took his hand. "How do you feel? I was worried for you, you fainted…"

Wu Fan caressed his face, his fingers lingering a bit longer over the spot that Jong In had kissed.

"I feel really good, now." He whispered with a low tone.

Tao nodded, content with the answer, and handed him an apple. "You need to eat something."

The taller one took it, humming. He was quite hungry, and that fruit looked more than edible.

He took a bite and chewed, and he smiled when he saw the boy satisfied look.

He hummed again when Tao soothingly his neck, while he was watching him carefully.

"I just want you to be okay." He heard him murmuring.
Wu Fan quickly pecked his cheek, exactly where Jong In did.

"If you'll be with me, then I'll be perfectly fine."

Tao chuckled, amused by his sweetness.

Just like before, Wu Fan couldn't even think of what he was saying. He was lost in Tao's scent once again, and he felt his heart beating at a fast rate. He slowly crept near his face and kissed him again, with more attention, and he let his lips stay near the young man skin.

He heard him whimper a bit, and before he run away, he caught his hand.

"How can you trust me?" He asked lowering his voice.

Tao leant on Wu Fan's shoulder and closed his eyes. "Why shouldn't I? Human or not, you still have feelings. I want to give you a chance."

Wu Fan hugged the boy. He felt happy, complete. Usually, he didn't express his feelings that easily, but he was hugging Tao, not anyone. And even if it seemed strange, he actually loved that he couldn't understand what was happening in his head.

Nobody had ever made him feel like that.

He was really beginning to live with Tao, he finally had a reason to keep going forward. He didn't even mind the others. Wu Fan could think of them only after Tao. He could think of having relationships with them, but not in that moment.

Tao leant is head on his shoulder and sighed.

They just wanted moral support from someone. It felt almost perfect.

"Oh, you guys look cute!"

Tao gasped and looked at his right, where there were standing Chanyeol and another young man.

Wu Fan kept hugging the boy, but stared anyway at the couple.
Probably next to the scientist there was that Baekhyun, that seemed pleased with the sight in front of himself.

Tao just blushed, but smiled; he too kept hugging the taller man.

The couple came near Wu Fan and Tao and smiled.
"We haven't met yet, and I already know almost everything about you."

Wu Fan coughed a bit, and nuzzled his nose against Tao's hair, as if he was searching protection.

"This is Baekhyun… And I should apologize to you, Wu Fan, because I… uh, I might have some information about you in the van." Continued Chanyeol, a bit nervous. "Like, your entire life."

Wu Fan sent him an angry glare, that made the scientist shift his gaze on the ground, a guilty look took place with his carefree one.

Chanyeol might have been helping him, but that didn't mean he could know everything about him.

Baekhyun stared at the 'monster' like he wanted to apologize. "Actually, it's my fault… it was me that wrote those files. I have tons of them, not only yours, but of other prisoners too."

Wu Fan shook his head, his fury was slowly growing and if it wasn't for Tao, that was in his arms, he would have hurt someone.
"Prisoners!" He snarled, his blood boiling with anger. "We are just mere experiments, I don't even have a soul anymore."

Chanyeol winced at his tone, but he replied anyway. "That's not true… you might be the result of hundreds of experiments, but that doesn't mean anything. You're still a human. Let us help you."

Wu Fan frowned. Was it really ok to trust them? He released Tao from the hug and backed away, as if he was scared. He felt insecure, but he didn't let them to see his turmoil.

"Is this a joke? The last time I put my trust on someone, it ruined my life." He whispered; he kept staring at Tao, hoping to hear something from him.

"You haven't lost your soul…" He said, a hint of hope in his tone.

Wu Fan sighed; he suddenly felt lost, he didn't know what to do.
"Please." He murmured, almost hopeless. "Help me… I don't even know what I am." A shriek came from somewhere behind him, but he didn't listen to that voice and he kept talking.
"I have to find myself."
Tao, with a scared look, run to him and took his hand. What was happening? Everything was blurred…
"I have to find someone." He kept whispering. Tao said something, and his words arrived slurred, but he understood.
"Stop! Please, stop! We are here for you, I am here for you! Wu Fan, please!"
He widened his eyes and fall into his arms. What happened? He felt tired, but he just stood there, doing nothing… right?
"Wu Fan…" He heard him whisper in his ear. In a few seconds, Tao took him inside the van. He heard Jong In asking what those sparkles were, and Wu Fan understood that everyone could see how desperate he was feeling, since he almost burst into flames. Somewhere outside the van, Chanyeol sighed and said something like 'that was close'.
With his hands, he searched for Tao and found his face. The young man, with glossy eyes, held him in his arms and slowly caressed him.

"Don't worry." Tao said in a sweet tone. "I'll take care of you."
Wu Fan closed his eyes and let Tao rock him with a peaceful pace.
This time, he didn't sleep: he listened to Tao's heart, and with a sigh, he calmed himself down.

 

 

 


A/N:
So? What do you think? ^^ 
I wanted to update early this time, are you happy my dear subscribers/readers? ^O^
Thank you, I'm sooo happy you liked chapter 2! >w< I hope you'll like this chapter, too! ^O^
Let me know what do you think of it! ^w^ I'll leave you with a little poll! :3