4.

Horizon

 

 

 

 

Wu Fan looked outside the van, while he was resting his head on the seat. Near him there was Sehun, another human he could tolerate: he couldn't talk, so he couldn't bother him with his voice.

Although he didn't say a word, he used a large scale of noises and gestures to show what he wanted to say; for the most of the time, though, he stayed in complete silence, and Wu Fan appreciated that because that meant moments of peace.

His life, before running away from his prison, was made of screams, loud whimpers and voices that called for help. It was only natural that he liked the soft whispers that Tao used to talk to him.

The van stopped. Wu Fan blinked, curious to see where they were.
"This is our hideout." Chanyeol said with his usual happy tone.
"You know this is a wheat field, right?" Wu Fan looked outside, searching something that really looked like a real hideout.
Behind him, Jong In and Tao chuckled. "It is, the hideout is partially under the field."

They left the van inside an abandoned barn, and went through the plants.
Wu Fan, while walking, searched for Tao's hand. He felt a bit lost, he didn't know where to go.

Baekhyun stopped near a scarecrow, and pulled it up, revealing a big hole under a carpet of fake ground.

They had to go down a long ladder and then walk for a minute; they arrived in a huge room, full of tables, chairs and closets, with a few doors.

"Ok, we'll stay here talking a bit about you, Wu Fan."
Everyone sat and Wu Fan felt nervous. Actually, he didn't remember much from his life before being taken in the laboratory, but he hoped that it was full of happiness: that way, he could learn from the past.

He had only a vivid picture in his head, and that was a wide grass field and an old woman that was calling him. Every time he thought of that, he felt happy, free.

Baekhyun took a box, which had written on with big letters' experiment KR0611S'. That was his code name; he almost felt fear to read that again. The young man took some files from the box and begun reading them.
"Experiment KR0611S, Wu Fan. Weight, height… age of the subject: fifteen at the start of the experiments. Used with the intention of putting the gene of a dragon inside a human."
Chanyeol hummed. "You have lost a lot of time, inside that laboratory... you look in your twenties." Jong In leaned back on his chair. "Well, at least this explains the sparkles and the hot air around you…"
Wu Fan was too busy touching Tao's hand with his fingers; he already knew that, but he wanted to know something that he had forgotten. Only reading further in his files would have helped him, but Chanyeol and Baekhyun didn't look like they wanted to. Not yet, at least.

But Tao surprised him. "Dragons are real?" He asked, searching for an answer in Wu Fan's eyes.

The rest of the group looked at him astonished as much as him, but Jong In was the fastest to recover. "Yes, 50 years ago they created the firsts specimen…"

Tao seemed curious, but he didn't say anything and so he rested his head on Wu Fan's shoulder.

"Well, here we have a lot of information about you and the experiments… it's written that they wanted to plant wings on your back."
Wu Fan scoffed. "Yes, there was this man… He created various plastic models to see the final result, but in the end the others scientists rejected his ideas. I wonder what he did to Project Angelus."
The group stared at him, puzzled, and with a sigh, he begun explaining.
"They wanted to create an angel… so that creature would have saved the world and every human."
Chanyeol laughed, but he looked quite amazed by that. "Is that some kind of secret project? As if a little child with wings could save the whole mankind and a rotten planet." Near him, Tao squirmed, and Wu Fan caressed quietly his back to calm him. He didn't know why, but Tao seemed to know nothing about the world; why didn't he know that dragons existed? They were in the thirty-first century, everyone could afford education… so why Tao didn't know something like that? He looked like a curious child that knew nothing.
"Anyway, it's better to talk about the structure of your DNA." Continued Chanyeol. "What I know for sure, is that they have changed your genes in every way, so your mind might be damaged by the experiments."

Wu Fan started to feel nervous. What if he couldn't return to what he was in the past? It was in these kind of moments that he wanted to die and stop to feel anything.

He was afraid that he could put in danger that little group, especially Tao. What if the scientists saw that he was still alive? They would kill anyone to get to him once again.

"The projects have something in common: one is the need of blood, the other is having only one mate in the life of the subject." Chanyeol said that in a serious tone, he became a completely different person from his usual carefree self. It was like they were seeing him at work.

"Usually these two features are linked: the need of blood arrives with the mate, that capture the subject with his scent… it could be anyone, it's extremely easy to find a mate. It's a bit creepy, but it's like that the subject, to feel complete, needs his blood, although that doesn't mean that he have to swallow it. Simply having it on his hands would be enough."
Wu Fan took a deep breath and felt Tao whimper.
He truly was a monster. Why was he even living? He didn't deserve life, he didn't deserve happiness.

"It's stupid, why would they do that?" Whispered Tao, hugging Wu Fan as if to tell him that it was alright to be like that.

"Well, it's for a cruel reason: once the subject finds the mate, it's easier to control his mind blackmailing him."

Wu Fan shuddered. Not only he was a horrible creature, he was weak, he could kill anyone and yet Tao was there: he was slowly caressing his neck, and he was still resting his head on his shoulder. He didn't care what he could do, Tao trusted him. And Wu Fan was truly touched by this.

"Well, we are lucky enough that you have found your mate already… Tao will be your main support, thanks to him it will be easier to control your feelings. Let's say that Tao is your drug; the good thing is that the effects won't disappear with the time. You just have to keep close to him." Explained Chanyeol with a satisfied smile. Baekhyun, near him, chuckled.
"We need to change your appearance a bit, though." He said looking at him. Wu Fan stared, puzzled. "I think for today we have talked about you too much… don't worry, we will continue. But now, it's better if you go shower and change your clothes!" With a happy tone, Baekhyun stood up. Tao smiled and motioned him to follow him in another room.
Wu Fan did as he was told, and the pair went to a large bathroom. Tao turned to him and smiled. "Come on, let's take off those clothes." He said. He got near him and moved some tuft of hair from Wu Fan's face. "First I'll take off this bandage." He whispered.
Wu Fan didn't even felt pain anymore, he knew that there wasn't a scratch or a scar on his forehead; he let Tao loosen the bandage and chuckled when he saw his eyes widen.

"You have already healed!" He exclaimed with a surprised tone. But he quickly shut his mouth and took off Wu Fan's shirt, then he ped his pants. He didn't even blink when he completely stripped him from his clothes, Tao's eyes were too busy to stare at the tattoo that Wu Fan had on his left arm.
It was a simple drawing of a dragon.
Without saying a thing, Wu Fan let the water cover his body. He sighed and stared at Tao, that took a sponge and started to wash him. It wasn't necessary, he could do it by himself, but Tao's hands on his skin made him shiver with pleasure. He didn't even mind when he started to rub the sponge on his thighs.

He heard Tao laughing at him when his hair covered his face. "We should change your hairstyle… maybe without this black hair you'll look even better." He said with a cute smile. Wu Fan looked at him, hopeful.
"Does it mean that I'm already handsome?"

Tao chuckled again, and he blushed a bit. He started to wash his dark locks, and he answered with a soft tone. "Of course, you look gorgeous. Beautiful."

Wu Fan smiled, even when the water took away the lather from his body and irritated his eyes. He smiled, when Tao covered him with a big towel and when he dried his hair.

And he felt complete, happy, satisfied, when he wore his new clothes and Tao, still with red cheeks, clenched his fist at the end of Wu Fan's white shirt and kissed the corner of his mouth.

 


A/N:
Hi! ^O^ I updated again... I wrote a lot, this time! òwò
I searched for mistakes and found some here and there... I'm sorry! T^T
I'll edit the chapters ^^;
Anyway, I saw that many of you like the idea of Sehun/Luhan! ^O^ But why did you leave alone our poor Kai! ;w;
What do you think of this chapter? You found out many things... like the period, that's right, they're in the thirty-first century! °w°
And Wu Fan still have his dark hair XD
Please review, I hope you liked it ^O^
Thank you my dear subscribers and readers <3