26.

Horizon

 

 

Chanyeol was tired. He was tired of seeing those metal bars. He was tired of hearing Baekhyun crying, after he received news about their friends. He was tired of being one of the reasons why his lover kept sobbing. He just wanted his happiness back, he wanted his freedom. He glanced at Baekhyun, who was carefully reading every little word of his report. It said that he was powerful, a great war machine. All he wanted to do was to make them see that he wasn't just a war machine. He was a human, not an object, and he could use his power however he wanted.

He kissed Baekhyun's cheek, making him smile. "I like that your skin is now so warm." The assistant whispered, as he looked Chanyeol in his eyes. They kissed on the lips, sighing and hugging tightly each other. "Baekhyunnie, I need you to stay here, okay?" He mumbled when they parted. Baekhyun frowned. "Where are you going? Don't leave." Chanyeol shook his head and covered his lover with a white blanket. "I love you so much, but I can't stand to see you suffering…" He stood up after kissing him a last time. "I'll try to be as fast as possible. I love you."

The young scientist went to the cell bars and grabbed a key from his pocket. He opened the cell and quickly closed it behind his, as he heard Baekhyun walking towards him. His lover stared at him, confused and  scared. Chanyeol didn't tell him about the key he had stolen: he didn't want to worry him. He put his hands on the locked and focused everything on them. The metal soon fused and everything blended together. Now Baekhyun couldn't run away and nobody could enter. "I love you." He whispered a last time. Baekhyun sobbed quietly and covered his mouth. "I-I love you, too. Please, come back to me." Chanyeol kissed him and smiled softly. "I will."

He turned around and run towards Tao and Jong In's cell. He took another key and opened the cell, careful not to scare them. He was lucky there was no one around, otherwise he would already have been dead. Inside, Tao and Jong In were chatting, whispering and muttering their words. Jong In looked better: he had a strange glint in his eyes and a mischievous grin on his lips. Tao looked tired, but he didn't have any bruise on his face. They gasped when they saw Chanyeol. "What are you doing here?! It's dangerous!" Tao said, his eyes wide. Jong In stood up and looked at him, frowning. "You run away from your cell… Does that means your powers have finally developed?" He was right, his friend was different; whatever happened to him, it helped him.

Chanyeol nodded. "Those experiments have done something right to me and my body. I will protect my family with them!" Tao didn't look happy with his words, but he kept silent, with an angry gaze. They quickly went out of the cell in silence. As they walked around, they noticed there weren't guards or scientists around. They could heard moans of pain and their footsteps echoed, but apart from that, they didn't talk. Jong In seemed to know what to do, Chanyeol felt a bit insecure. Tao's face just kept blank: he didn't smile, he didn't mutter a thing, he just walked. He looked like a robot, a machine that was ready to follow every order for him.

But Tao had just one thing, no, just one person, in mind. He knew that Wu Fan was somewhere, in that building. He was there and he was suffering, together with Luhan and maybe Sehun and Kyungsoo. What about Yixing and Suho? He was so worried, so nervous… They arrived in a white room with many doors, that had a sign on it. Every sign had written something on it, and Chanyeol walked towards one of them. Tao didn't know what was written on that sign, but he understood the moment he closed the door. He heard a loud scream and people were shouting orders and were asking for help.

Inside that room, there were experiments. Chanyeol looked around, surprised. The room was huge, filled with cells and people who were now subjects; this time, though, there were guards and scientists all around. They started yelling, but Chanyeol and Jong In didn't listen and started to run. Tao just stood there, as he felt useless. He immediately understood, the second he saw the guards, that he could do nothing to stop them. The young scientist was using his powers, while Jong In was able to dodge every bullet. A guard run towards Tao and grabbed him, his grip hurt him but he didn't struggle.

"Tao! Tao, no! Run away!" He looked up and saw Wu Fan, who was trying to escape from his prison. He looked worried, scared, but he could do nothing because he was hit on the head. He out and he let himself fell in the oblivion. The next few moments were blurred for everyone inside the room. A loud explosion scared everyone, another scream was heard; the voice was full of pain and everybody stared, amazed, at the figure who was floating in the air. Nobody expected Wu Fan; he had his wings spread, his eyes were full of hatred, and even if he was slightly bleeding, he didn't seem to care.

He immediately went on the ground, making the guards run away from him and leaving Tao there, still unconscious. Around him, the air was too warm and it was easy to feel his anger even from far. He knelt on the cracked floor and picked up Tao, hugging him close to his chest. Wu Fan was growling, gritting his teeth, his mind was way too clouded in hatred. He shouted again, making flames appear all around himself and Tao. Meanwhile, Luhan freed himself; he looked around, worried, and he only saw chaos. He run away, nobody was trying to stop him. He quickly found Chanyeol and Jong In, who were still watching at Wu Fan and his fury that was destroying him.

"Stop! Wu Fan, Tao is okay! Now stop, please!" He shouted in a vain attempt to stop him. Wu Fan just growled again, and fled away with Tao in his arms, destroying almost everything behind him. Luhan cursed, but as he started to run behind him, Jong In grabbed him. "It's too dangerous right now! We have to go to help Sehun and Kyungsoo!" Chanyeol looked around, frowning. Scientists and guards were on the floor, some of them injured, others had fainted. He now regretted what he did. He didn't want to wait anymore and people were hurting because of his choice.

"Let's go to help them, then you guys will go to Wu Fan and I'll return to Baekhyun. Alright?" The two young men nodded and they started running away from that room. Chanyeol didn't understand what happened to Jong In, but he knew he didn't have to worry; Luhan, too, was strong enough to protect himself. Sehun, Kyungsoo, Tao and Baekhyun, though, were too weak and they could do little. Sure, they could use a gun, but not having powers made them much more… Useless. He didn't meant like that, but he felt like every human was a lower creature that lived on their planet. He knew that humans like him – the experiments, the monsters – were blessed with a power much greater than he could imagine. They were near perfection, near Luhan's species.

While Chanyeol was happy with his new strength, he now understood why Tao wasn't glad with what he said before. Wu Fan was tortured for years, he had never wanted his powers, he had never wanted being an experiment. Chanyeol, a few days after his experiment, found that he could welcome the new feelings and the new strength he had gained. Wu Fan didn't; he had never been aware of what were his abilities.

They arrived in another room filled with cells. Every prisoner was waiting to be chosen, every one of them could be the next subject. They were rebels, thieves, murderers, but Sehun and Kyungsoo were there, too. The prisoners were talking quietly, scared of the guards, but they noticed immediately that the three had arrived. "Luhan, can you do something to stop the guards?" Chanyeol asked. The young alien kept silent and in a second the guards fell unconscious. The prisoners gasped, surprised, but hoping that they could run away from that place. The three young men started searching for Sehun and Kyungsoo.

Luckily, they quickly found them. Luhan threw away the cell door and immediately hugged his mate, while crying hard, but with a wide smile on his lips. It felt like everything was going alright when a loud scream made them gasp. They could recognize the voice, it was Wu Fan's, and that could only mean there were troubles.

 


A/N:
Sorry, it was my birthday and a lot of things happened in school... Unfortunately, bad things. A teacher got really mad with my class, and I was really annoyed with some of my classmates.
I hope you liked the chapter ^O^ Write me, I'd love to see many comments! >w<
Since I want to apologize and I need motivation, I'll have a little contest... The prize is a fanart of your favorite part of this fic! ^O^
You have to tell me what do you think it will happen in the future of the fic OR you have to tell me what do you think it happened in the past of the fic. I'll give you a few ideas:
-How the characters have met;
-How the fic will end;
-What happened to Wu Fan's sister.
I'll choose THREE ideas, the most original ones that I like. You have time until chapter 28. You can PM me here, you can write me on tumblr (not anonymous submissions), you can write your idea on your review.
Good luck! >w< I hope to receive many ideas! *O*

Divakey0305: Ahahaha XD

imyourshupahgirl: I know, right? D:

sherilyntheeurasian: No need to cry! TwT Don't be sad! ;w;

morrastar: Ahahaha, thank you, too bad it wasn't really a great chapter :3

seonri9095: Leader is so sad! T__T