1.

Horizon

 

 

 

 

 

Running for his life.

That's what he was doing at the moment.

Running in a freaking basement, because, come on, mad scientists just love having a laboratory in a basement in the middle of a cold desert, in the middle of nothing.

Far from people's eyes, far from civilization, where they could control something like him.

Where they could destroy him.

But now, he was near the exit. He knew that, he could smell that cold land that surrounded the laboratory.

Freedom was just a few more steps in front of him, and he wanted nothing more than that.

He climbed the stairs and with a growl, he opened a door and met a gloomy landscape.

It was snowing, and it was freezing; he had nothing but a thin shirt and a pair of pants, of course he was shivering.

He wasn't a complete monster, he could feel. Anything.

But they weren't following him anymore.
They gave up, they thought he was dead, and that was a good thing.

He took some steps and looked around.
Ok, great, there was nothing. Nothing at all. No people, no trees, no life.

But he decided to repeat to himself a few simply sentences.
"My name is Wu Fan." He said to no one. "I got lost and I'm cold. Can you help me?"

Satisfied of his performance, he continued walking.

Maybe it was better if he stopped, since he was feeling dizzy, but he didn't want to freeze to death, did he?
Cursing under his breath, he tried to remain awake.

He tripped a few times, but at the fourth one, he preferred to stay on the ground.

Even if it was cold.

He covered his face and started to think.

"I don't want to die alone." He whispered closing his eyes.

He was tired, he was bleeding and because of that his head hurt a lot.

"What have I done to deserve this?"

His words got lost with the wind; he hoped someone would catch them.
He rolled so that his stomach was pressed to the ground and sighed.

Wu Fan prayed that while he was asleep, a God felt sorry for him and to give him another chance.

 

A loud noise waked him up.
He stirred and felt something soft under his head.
A second after that, he realized that he had a blanket around his body.

He opened his eyes and met a strong yet gentle gaze.

Wu Fan understood that he was lying on the young man's lap.

They kept looking at each other for a long time, and while the boy was his hair, as if he was a little child, he spoke with a soft tone.

"He's awake."

Some people gathered around them, but he didn't look away from that pair of eyes.

"Are you okay?" He asked with a little smile.

Wu Fan nodded. "But my head hurts a bit."
The other chuckled. "You were bleeding, of course it hurts."

He helped him to sit.
"My name is Wu Fan. I got lost." He explained just like he had planned.

"I'm Tao."

Tao took his hand and smiled. Another pair of boys was staring at him, and Wu Fan with a stern gaze scared them.

"What happened to you?" Asked one of them, the one with a plump pair of lips, while looking at him suspiciously.

Wu Fan sighed. "I run away from my… uh, home. Yeah."
Tao blinked, suddenly serious. "Liar."

The other one didn't reply, and coughed a bit.

He didn't like to lie to someone, especially if that man had just saved his life.

But he couldn't say that he was an experiment.

He was scared, he didn't want them to scream.

What if he killed his savior?

What if he tasted his blood, would he let him to?

Of course he wouldn't.
But what if…?

"I'm Jong In and this is Sehun. He can't talk." Explained the boy pointing at his friend.

The 'monster' nodded a bit.
He could just sense his own blood boiling inside his veins, and he was slowing losing his mind.

But what if…?

He didn't want to kill him, did he?
Tao's skin was so thin, just a scrap and he would be bleeding.

He could already taste the blood in his mouth, but he wasn't a monster, was he?
He wanted to help people.

He had to.

He closed his eyes, his head was hurting a lot and he couldn't think properly of anything.

"My head feels light." He announced with a strangled noise.

Well, yeah, even if he was in pain, his mind was in a state of pure mess.

"Do you want to sleep a bit?" Tao caressed his face like it was the best thing to do in the world.

His fingers were smooth against his ruined skin, and with a shiver he nodded again.

Jong In and Sehun looked at horizon, as if in front of them there was an embarrassing scene.

When he felt Tao hug him, he realized that they were inside of a van.

It was better than staying in the middle of nothing, with no one to help you and with the snow slowly covering your weak body.

Wu Fan was shuddering, and he wasn't thinking straight when he whispered a soft "I like your eyes" to Tao, that blushed and then gave him a warm smile.

Actually, he wanted to say that, but not in that moment.

And he was feeling like a creep, because honestly, strangers that you met in the middle of a cold desert didn't say that to their saviour.

"And thank you." He added. Then, he tried to cuddle with Tao. "I promise you I'll be good. You won't hear by breath nor my voice."
The young man chuckled again. "I don't care if you talk a lot, because it's better if you do it."

Wu Fan hummed in response, and stared at Jong In that was whispering something to Sehun.

His eyelids felt heavy, so he nuzzled his nose against Tao's neck.
"Now sleep, I'll protect you."

From what, he didn't say.
Maybe nightmares, because he didn't dream of anything, he just slept and it felt so relaxing.

Tao's scent had simply captured him.
Wu Fan was a monster, but he didn't care. He could be anything, yet he knew that Tao would always have fascinated him.

And he knew why: his gaze was just like his own.
Lost, sad, hopeful.
They were two different beings, but they were searching for the same thing.

They were searching for someone that could love them.