2.

Horizon

 

 

 

 

 

 

When he woke up, he saw that it was dark outside.

He was used to that, but not to the group that was sleeping next to him.
Not being alone anymore was a particular situation, but not necessarily a bad one.

Jong In and Sehun seemed in a deep slumber, but he saw that Tao wasn't there.

He got up, careful not to make noise, and went outside.

Ok, it wasn't exactly his best idea, since he was now freezing.

The ground was covered by snow, and it was extremely cold.

He hated being cold, but it was better than being on his own.
He coughed a bit and looked around; he found Tao sitting there, while he was staring at nothing.

"What are you doing here?" He whispered. He sat near the young boy and took his hand.

Tao kept looking away, his gaze was lost into the sight in front of him.

"Nothing, I was thinking; I felt lonely."

Yeah, Wu Fan knew what he meant.
Being lonely in a sea of people was the worst thing possible in the world.

He carefully leant his head on Tao's shoulder.

The boy glanced at him with a curious look.

Wu Fan didn't say anything and nuzzled his nose against his neck, with a satisfied smirk on his lips.

Even thought Tao had stayed outside, his body was warm.

In a few seconds, his mind was full of melancholic relief, something that reminded him of his childhood.

He trusted Tao, and he knew that was the young man who had saved him.

He felt the boy shiver, and then he sighed.

"It was you that had saved me, am I right?" He whispered, feeling complete.

Yes, it felt so good to have Tao in his arms. He gently caressed his back and waited for an answer.

"You are."

Wu Fan smiled. That was what he wanted to hear from him.

Suddenly, the taller one frowned.

Was he just dreaming? He felt too happy. It was since a long time he didn't felt content like that.

Maybe happiness was something he couldn't really reach. Or maybe, that group, including Tao, wanted to kill him.

Yes, it had to be like that, no one could trust a bleeding man lying on the ground in the middle of nothing. He had learnt that blood meant many problems; so why did they help someone like him?
"Are you okay? You don't look well." Tao said that with a worried tone.

Wu Fan nodded and looked into his eyes. But a second after that, he shook his head. "I don't feel good, I have too many questions that have to be answered." He explained, while brushing his fingers on Tao's delicate skin.

The boy's scent filled his mind, and soon he was thinking again of Tao's blood.

He took a deep breath and got a bit too near him.

Tao widened his eyes and blushed. "What are you thinking about?" He asked, flustered.

"Why did you save me?"
The young man opened his mouth to explain, but he could do only a strangled noise.

Wu Fan kept waiting and stared at the young man that was trying to find the right words.
"You were screaming… you looked in pain, but not because of your head. You were clutching your hand at your chest… as if you were sad, not hurt."

The taller nodded.
Tao was right, the loneliness was killing him.

He couldn't live anymore like that, on his own, he needed someone.

"I have no one… you know how does it feel, to be alone."

The other hummed and gently caressed his neck; Wu Fan felt a shiver of pleasure and sighed.

He didn't remember when, but they returned inside the van and fell asleep in each other arms, the 'monster' happy to have Tao, the other still with the idea of protecting Wu Fan.

And again, he didn't know from what.

Tao was just as complicated as himself; he liked the thought that he had to gain his trust, but he knew that the boy already was ready to do that, otherwise he wouldn't have said those things him.

He wouldn't have saved him.

The next morning, he woke up still hugging the young man.

It was a strange experience, usually his mornings were made of screams, scraps and blood.

Talking about blood, he still had to control himself. Tao's scent was now strong as ever, and it was printed on his skin, so it was difficult not to pay it attention.

He whimpered and closed his eyes.

He couldn't be there, with Tao.
Wu Fan couldn't understand why, but 'monsters' like himself had a weakness, and that was blood. He quickly sat up and got out the van before he could do anything to the young man.

"Hi there."
He turned around and saw a boy almost tall as himself, with big eyes and a large smile on his lips.

"You're awake, huh? It looks like you're okay, now." He said with a happy tone.
Wu Fan nodded slowly. "Who are you?" He asked, a bit curious.

It felt as if he already met that guy.

"I'm Chanyeol, your name is Wu Fan, am I right?"
"Yes…"

With a creepy smile, the boy took and shook his hand.

"Nice to meet you! You look better than yesterday." Wu Fan coughed a bit and backed away from Chanyeol.

The other one stared at him, puzzled.
"Sorry, it's that… you…"
Chanyeol widened his eyes. "Ohhh, that's right, you don't like touching people, am I right? But the thing is, yesterday you got all lovey-dovey with Tao. Is it because of his scent?"

Wu Fan didn't answer and remained with a stoic face.

Inside, he was just freaking out. Of course, that boy knew something about him.

Maybe he could kill him, and run away.

Again.

But the truth was that he was just terrified that nobody could love him. What if Chanyeol wanted to sell his dead body? Or maybe he wanted to experiment on him, or maybe he just wanted to hurt him or---

"You see, I was a scientist. I worked for that men that hid you to the entire world. I know that you run away from that laboratory, you even have their clothes on." The young man pointed at him. "And when we found you, you were screaming and if it wasn't for Tao, you would have killed us." He explained with a little grin on his face.

Wu Fan blinked. Tao didn't told him that.
"Killed." He whispered, almost in despair.

Chanyeol nodded. "Your strength is quite impressive."
The 'monster' hummed, and his sight faltered. Maybe he was about to cry, mainly because that boy in front of him wasn't really doing anything to him even if he had worked for that damned laboratory.

"I won't bring you back to that prison. You're free to do what you want. We actually want to help you."
Wu Fan sighed, his head was now light and he felt like he was falling asleep.

"Why?" He muttered, trying not to fall on the cold ground.

"We want you to find your happiness. It's what you deserve after so much pain."

Was that the real reason why they saved him?
But what he wanted to know the most was why Tao got to calm him and the others not.

He heard Chanyeol calling him, but he couldn't say a thing anymore.

Wu Fan just let himself fall again into a deep slumber, that was made of peaceful dreams.

 

 

 

 

 

 

A/N:
Thank you, everyone! ;w;
I'm so happy to see subscribers and reviews! *O* And I apologize for my English, I know it's not the best.
I hope you like this chapter, I'm worried you guys won't like it. T^T
Please, let me know what do you think...! 
If you'd like, read this fic on tumblr on my page http://yukofanworks.tumblr.com/ ! ^^
Thank you! ^w^