22.

Horizon

 

 

 

Chanyeol opened his eyes and the first thing he saw was a bright light. He groaned, his body felt funny; when he tried to sat up, he realized that he couldn't. He was strapped down. His heart stopped for a second and then continued to beat with a crazy pace. He immediately felt scared. He remembered what happened: some people arrived in their own house and attacked them…

Where was Baekhyun? What about the others?! Did they run away? Were they okay? He whimpered, his eyes were flickering around the room. There was nothing but white ceiling and white furniture. A door opened and a familiar face appeared. He froze and he knew that from that moment his life was going to be completely ruined.

"Chanyeol, I remember I told you that should have stayed out of his business… You shouldn't have helped those experiments." He was an old scientist, the one who had the idea of starting all of that. He had met him when he first arrived in the laboratories… And he immediately knew that he was utterly mad. "I'm sorry, but since you can't understand… You'll be another experiment, Chanyeol. Only after that, you'll see the majesty of my project!"

He screamed loudly when the old man stabbed him with a needle and he felt something being shot in his body. The pain took over his mind and he kept shouting. He couldn't see anything, not anymore. He felt himself being carried somewhere; he was thrown on the ground, but he didn't care. The pain was too much.

His arms were now free, and he clutched his hands on his chest. He curled on the ground and kept screaming and in pain.

He felt someone touching him and hugging him; whoever it was, his heartbeat was calming him. After a long hour he was just whimpering loudly. He looked up and saw Baekhyun, who was crying in silence. "I'm s-sorry." He mumbled with his now hoarse voice. His lover shook his head and kissed his forehead. "I-It's not your fault! Oh my God, what have they done to you…"

Chanyeol closed his eyes and sighed. He was still in pain and he felt horrible; his lover, his family… They were suffering and he could do nothing. "I'm an experiment, now." He whispered with an extremely calm voice. "I probably won't be the same anymore… But I will still love you. I promise." Baekhyun sobbed and tightened his arms around Chanyeol.

"I love you, I love you so much!" He cried. "I don't care what you'll become; I'll always stay next to you…" The taller man smiled weakly and after kissing his lover's lips, he out.

 

Baekhyun struggled to get Chanyeol on the bed, and he immediately covered him with the white sheets of the bed. He felt cold, so he lied next to him and snuggled against him. He never felt so lonely in his life. He just hoped that the others were safe… In that moment, a piercing shriek was heard. Baekhyun got up quickly and went towards the door, which had bars on it. He saw Jong In who was being carried by two guards.

His eyes were red and he kept struggling to get free. "Jong In!" He shouted, with tears already falling on his cheeks. "Jong In!" The young man turned around and tried to get near him. "Baekhyun! They're alive! Everyone is alive!" The guards threw him inside a cell, not far from the assistant's one. "W-what happened?!" He asked, trying to see his friend's face.

Jong In stood up, inside his cell. "They're interrogating Tao, Luhan and Wu Fan are trapped in a special room… I saw Sehun and Kyungsoo while I was being carried here, they were crying, but they looked okay." He slumped against the bars. "We were careless. We thought we were safe, hidden by everyone… But they found us with the first attack. We should have moved somewhere else."

Baekhyun lowered his eyes. Jong In said the truth, but he didn't think there were so many people who wanted them. Now everyone was suffering and he was trapped. He could do nothing but watch his family being tore and ruined.

 

The air felt cold, but he was warm and he had the feeling that he was going to be more than just okay. That was what Chanyeol thought when he woke up. He turned around, slowly, and saw that Baekhyun was peacefully sleeping next to him. He looked at the other way and saw a sack with some liquid on it. He understood that he was on a drip. His body felt sore, he was tired, but he wanted to talk with his lover.

He closed his eyes and sighed. He tried to move his arm, and after some struggling, he took Baekhyun's hand. The other man stirred in his sleep, and after a minute he woke up. At first, he couldn't understand what was happening, but when Chanyeol smiled, he gasped and hugged him. "I missed you, so, so much." He whispered before kissing him on his lips.

Baekhyun was shaking in his arms and couldn't control his tears. "A scientist came here and told me what they did to you… They'll try to set you on fire, one of these days. Your skin is supposed to be fireproof, now, but they aren't sure if can do something else." Chanyeol glanced around the room. "Is there a report of my condition?" Baekhyun nodded and got up to took it.

After sitting next to him, he started reading some lines of the report. "It says that your body temperature will rise, but it won't be a side effect of what they're giving to you… It seems that it's going to be permanent." Chanyeol closed his eyes. "Maybe it will raise so much that… I won't be able to touch you anymore."

The cell door opened, revealing a scientist with his assistants behind him. "Look, look! This one under the sheets is a new, wonderful project. Go and change the solution, we have to make him stronger and stronger!" One of the assistant quickly did as he was told to, under Baekhyun's horrified eyes. "W-what are you doing?! You have to wait, his body is still too weak from the previous injection!"

The scientist looked at him, surprised. "How do you know? Were you a doctor?" He shook his head. "I was an assistant at the main laboratory, before it was destroyed! Chanyeol was a scientist who worked there, we studied together many projects." He got up and removed the new sack. "Your experiment will be a failure… You have to wait." The scientist smiled, a proud look in his eyes.

"You're so clever! You should return to our team. How come you're not working for us anymore?" Baekhyun just glared at him. "Why did you do that even if you knew it would affect your experiments? A dead subject is useless." The scientist scoffed and wrote something on a piece of paper. "Boss probably knows who are you… So I'll pay more attention. I won't do anything to kill the subject, but I assure you one thing: he will pay with his life if you'll make me angry."
He went out of the cell, followed by his assistants, and closed the door. Baekhyun sat next to Chanyeol and took his hands. His lover had wide eyes and his cheeks were red. He put a hand on his forehead and sighed; his body temperature had increased a lot, there weren't many possibilities for him to survive. "I'll stay with you until the very end." Baekhyun whispered to him.

Chanyeol closed his eyes and gulped. He felt different, that was for sure. Not sick, not at all; he felt the energy running in his body, he felt powerful and not weak anymore. The pain had disappeared completely, leaving behind a nice feeling of numbness. He tugged Baekhyun towards him and he kissed him on his lips. It was like the scientists were helping him, not trying to kill and torture his human body. He sighed when he felt his lover kissing him back and trying to get even closer to him.

"You don't need to worry." He whispered to Baekhyun. "I'm all right. I feel wonderful. I promise we'll get out of here." He closed his eyes and he slowly drifted to sleep, hoping that all of that was just a bad dream.

 

Baekhyun suddenly woke up when he heard a loud scream. He could recognize the voice, it was Jong In's. He quickly got up and run towards the door. He couldn't see anything, inside his cell, and he worried even more when he heard Tao's voice. "Stop! Please, stop, you're hurting him!" Baekhyun widened his eyes and shook the bars of the door. "Jong In! Jong in!" He called as he started crying.

A pair of strong arms caught him and moved him away from the door. Chanyeol made him sit on the bed and hugged him. Baekhyun closed his eyes and covered his ears, as he kept sobbing. The shouts, the blood, the experiments… Everything had returned, and now he was one of the guinea-pigs. He could do little to save his friends.

 


A/N:
Did you like this chapter? You will understand more and more in the future chapters, I promise ^^
Let me know what do you think about it! *O*
I'm sorry if you'll find some mistakes! ^^;

Asakusahime: 'Cause they're EVIL! D:

morrastar: >w< 

berna04: Thank you, I guess! :3

seonri9095: Nooo, are you okay?! D:

Jellylemon_Jello: They aren't really lucky ^^;