18.

Horizon

 

Please read author's notes, it's really important for you subscribers/readers!

 

 

Tao was more than surprised to see Jong In with the young man that sold him his metal box. He couldn't help but feel worried; if he brought him there, that meant that something bad happened. In fact, Kyungsoo looked scared and his eyes were red, as if he had cried.

Wu Fan caressed his waist without stealing a glance at Kyungsoo. "Why are you worried?" He whispered. As usual, he understood immediately that there was something wrong with him. Tao smiled slightly. No, he couldn't worry when he had Wu Fan next to him. He realized that in those days; the taller man was always with him, doing everything he could to cheer him up.

A kiss, a hug; he started to love them, and he liked that Wu Fan had eyes for him only. "It doesn't matter anymore." He answered; he leant on his arms and he smiled. He felt happy with him, he could easily say that his feelings for him had grown quickly. Wu Fan trusted and loved him, and Tao wanted to make him feel like he was the most important person in the world.

Tao kissed his cheek as he felt blushing. "I want to take some fresh air, do you want to come with me?" Wu Fan obviously agreed. They walked outside in complete silence, enjoying the sunny day. "I want to explore that building." Tao pointed to an abandoned building; the windows were broken, and it looked dirty. Probably it was once colorful, and many families lived inside that. He couldn't understand why people left it in that state. They entered it and Tao looked around. There were pieces of wall and ceiling on the floor, and everything was colored in a light blue. As they walked forward, they saw many photos hanging on the walls; there were happy families, or couples.

They slowly climbed the stairs. The floors were all the same: ruined, abandoned. There was nothing but some dirty clothes or broken toys. They reached the rooftop and Tao sighed. He could see the wheat field and the city very well from there. Wu Fan hugged him tightly and he kissed his neck.

Tao smiled as he nuzzled against him. "You know." He whispered. "I wanted to talk to you about something." Wu Fan backed away a little. He looked worried, but curious. "About what?" He asked quietly. "About my past… and about you and me, too."

The taller man now seemed interested. "Okay, you can tell me everything you want." Tao sighed and looked at the horizon. He didn't say anything for a long time, then he took a deep breath and started talking. "My parents were scientists. They wanted to create something that could change everything… they wanted to be famous. They worked to gain their place in history books. Everything started when I was six… they got an incredible idea from a drawing I did in school."

Tao sighed again as Wu Fan's fingers caressed his waist. "They slowly drifted away. That project was their new life, their new goal. I wasn't important anymore and soon I was an assistant and not their son. I was sad, and furious, too. They wanted to create a horrible machine, and they didn't realize that. I tried to talk to them… but they never understood."

The young man closed his eyes, his cheeks were now wet; he didn't care anymore, he just wanted to talk to Wu Fan about his past. He needed to take away his pain. "They finished their machine when I was eighteen. I was scared that it actually worked, so I gathered my things and I started it, to go away. I used the excuse that it could be the first test, but I never returned. I guess you already know what was the project about."

"Yes." Wu Fan whispered. Tao chuckled weakly. "Yeah, of course you know. They created a time machine from a scrap that was drawn by a child… I always felt like I was the one to blame." The taller man hugged him tightly. "It wasn't your fault…" He murmured. Tao shook his head and he started to cry harder. "No, it is my fault! If it wasn't for that project you guys would be okay… they want me and that machine! They are ready to kill everyone I love to get it!"

Wu Fan gasped lightly as he heard those words. "Everyone… you love?" Tao realized what he had just said, and blushed. "Yes, everyone I love… my friends, my family and you." The taller man smiled brightly and kissed Tao immediately. "I love you so much." Wu Fan whispered between the kisses. When they parted, Tao walked away quickly; but as he stumbled backwards, he fell over the edge of the building.

The young man closed his eyes and screamed. He was going to die… right after he practically said that he loved Wu Fan. He didn't want to leave him, he didn't want to die yet. Even though it was his fault that everyone got hurt… The cold wind slapped his face as he fell, and he opened his eyes for the last time.

Tao saw Wu Fan reach out his hand and in a second he was in his arms. They were falling together… was that their fate? To die together, in each other arms? The wind stopped blowing and Tao hugged Wu Fan tightly. What had just happened…?

As he looked around them, he realized that they were floating in the air. He gasped loudly as they lowered slowly on the ground. Tao felt his heart beating fast, and he couldn't stop crying. He didn't even felt when they finally touched the land with their feet, he was far too engrossed in gripping Wu Fan's shirt and crying.

"Wu Fan!" He sobbed loudly. "I-I was so scared, Wu Fan!" The taller man was breathing heavily and looked worried. "W-we're still alive…!" He mumbled. He shifted slightly and almost fell on the ground. Tao, fortunately, had a strong grip; he lied him down and tried to calm him, even if he was still shocked. "Y-yes." He whispered with unsteady voice. "Yes, we're still alive… thanks to you, Wu Fan."

Wu Fan nodded and smiled weakly. "I-I don't… W-what happened, exactly?" Tao sat next to him and hugged him, trying to compose himself. "You flied." He said, closing his eyes. "You were flying, y-you…" They looked in each other eyes and they kissed passionately. "I love you." Tao cried. "I love you, please don't ever leave me, I love you so much!" Wu Fan smile got wider, and he kissed slowly his cheeks, his jaw line, his neck and his lips once again. "I will never leave you, Tao, I promise… I love you."

 

They returned home after a long hour. They were still shocked, they couldn't understand how Wu Fan could fly, but they were glad that they were alive; but they just wanted to sleep in each other's arms, so they walked back home. Wu Fan looked dead tired, and Tao was still shaking from fear. As soon as Jong In saw them, he understood that something had happened.

"Hey, you two don't look good." He said with a worried tone. Wu Fan just glared at him and Tao shrugged. They really didn't want to talk in that moment. They could explain everything the next day. "We're going to sleep." The taller man mumbled. Jong In frowned, but nodded anyway. Kyungsoo was next to him, looking a bit scared and curious. Probably Chanyeol had explained almost everything to him, and Tao could understand why he was staring at Wu Fan like that.

They walked in silence in their bedroom and they immediately lied on the bed. The hugged each other and Tao sighed, feeling immediately more relaxed. "Hey." Wu Fan whispered. He looked up and met his eyes. "I don't care what your parents did. You're the most important person in the world for me… We'll resolve our problems together."

Tao smiled brightly. "Yes." He murmured. "Yes, together." He closed his eyes and pecked Wu Fan on his lips. "Thank you for saving me… from dying, and from myself, too." They fell asleep quickly, leaving the fears and the doubts behind them.

 


A/N:
I'll answer immediately to your reviews... I hope you liked this chapter, I can't wait to read your comments! *O*
Please read carefully everything I wrote under the answers.

Na_DLurveEXO: ^^

seonri9095: Thank you so much! ;w; I'm glad you like my story! T^T

Huilen: Thanks! I thought there were going to be many fics based on "Monster". Don't worry, Lay will have a great final ^^

Lemonadismdrew: LOL imprinting XD Everyone will get their y time, don't worry XD

shikalila: Don't worry~! As you see I updated late... no one's rushing me :3 Thank you so much! *O*

 

Okay my dear readers and subscribers... 
I'm sad to say that I'm starting a big HIATUS! D: That's right... 
I'm going to Edinburgh from 1st September for two weeks, and after that... school starts!
You'll have to wait a lot for next chapter, I'm really sorry. =_=
I'm going to be really busy, plus this is my last year in high school and I have to study for the final exams.
This is going to be really difficult for me, because I'll try to study and update my fics, too!
Anyway. Is anyone from Edinburgh? XD 
Bye bye my dear readers and subscribers, I'll miss you! T__T