11.

Horizon

 

 

Wu Fan continued to stare at Tao's now peaceful face.

Baekhyun had took his blood and he injected it into Tao's veins; he had hoped that his blood could help his mate.

He was more than happy to see that Tao's skin wasn't pale anymore and that his breathing was normal, but that wasn't enough. He was tired, but he had to make sure that Tao was now safe. He wanted to see him wide awake, not sleeping.

Wu Fan sighed as he caressed his skin. Someone had arrived and from what he heard, they weren't enemies.

As he looked at Tao's closed eyes, the young man stirred, making him gasp; Wu Fan held his breath and almost started to cry as he saw that his mate was finally awake and was staring at him.

"Wu Fan?" He called with shaking voice. He immediately embraced him and sighed with happiness. Tao slowly sat up with his help and looked at him a tired look. "What happened?" He asked with a sleepy tone. Wu Fan didn't think of anything and just kissed him on his lips. He heard Tao gasping, but he didn't stop and that made the younger whimper loudly.

"I was so scared…" He murmured when they parted. Tao blushed heavily and put his arms around his neck, to kiss him once again.

Wu Fan sighed in their kiss as Tao tugged at his hair, and kept his back with a slow pace. He didn't stop with the gentle kisses even when he felt that his cheeks were wet.

"Wu Fan…" Tao moaned softly when they parted again. Wu Fan looked at him with half-lidded eyes and pecked his cheeks and his lips. The young man caressed his face and stared at him with a sad look. "Why are you crying?" He whispered.

Wu Fan didn't care that he was crying, he was so happy that Tao was alive and didn't look sick anymore. He smiled continued kissing the other's cheeks, jaw-line, neck, lips. "I'm so glad you're okay. You were dying and I…" He murmured with his mouth close to Tao's skin.

Tao's body shook slightly and the young man kissed him back. "It was my fault, I should have protected you but I didn't a-and—"

"I'm alive… that's all that matters right now. You don't have to worry, because it wasn't your fault." Tao smiled weakly at him as he rested his forehead on the other's one. Wu Fan nodded and shifted, leaning in his arms even more.

"Tao… Tao, you're all I have. Don't ever leave me, please." The young man sighed and his hair. "I know, I'll stay with you." Wu Fan shifted once again and rested his head on Tao's shoulder. "I love you." He mumbled. "I love you so much, it hurt to see you in pain. It hurt to see you lying on the bed with a heavy breath."

Tao gasped quietly, but didn't stop with the caresses. He sighed and with a little smile he kissed softly his cheek.

Wu Fan was too engrossed in Tao to hear the creak of the door; he was too busy keeping him in his arms and make sure that he was really alive to see Baekhyun who silently entered in the room.

"T-Tao? Oh my god, you're okay!"

Wu Fan grunted as Chanyeol's assistant crushed them with a hug. "I was so scared! You were covered by blood and they infected you with some strange virus… but Wu Fan had a brilliant idea!" He said with tears in his eyes. Tao looked at him with a curious look. "Yes, you see, we used his blood… it must have eliminated completely that virus!" The young man turned towards Wu Fan, surprised.
"So it's only thanks to you that I'm alive…" The other one nodded weakly, but he still had a guilty look. Tao hugged him tightly and smiled. "Thank you." He whispered in his ear. "But now you should go to sleep… you look really tired." He continued with a worried tone.

Baekhyun looked at the couple and grinned. "He's right, Wu Fan… go to sleep, we have a… doctor here. He can help us if there are other problems."

Wu Fan didn't answer and nuzzled his nose against Tao's neck. He closed his eyes and sighed, content to have Tao in his arms; he could hear his heart, and the soft rhythm of the heartbeat made him even more sleepy, and in a few seconds, he fell asleep.

 

He woke up when he felt someone that wasn't Tao next to him.

He opened immediately his eyes and saw a familiar face. "Lay." He growled. He didn't expect to see him again, but there he was, staring at him with his usual sleepy look.

It's not like he didn't like him; he used to talk with him when they needed some comfort, when they needed a friend. But Lay fell for him since the first time their eyes met. He didn't like to stay with him knowing that he was actually his mate. His only one. His life.

Wu Fan was sad thinking that his mate was someone else and not Lay. The young man surely had spent a lot of time crying hard because of him, and now that he found Tao things could only get worse.

"Wu Fan, when they told me you were here, alive, I felt so happy… I thought that you died when you tried to run away from the laboratories." He whispered with a gentle tone.

Wu Fan continued to remain in silence and just stared at him. Lay looked quite good: he didn't have dirty clothes anymore, he looked happier and he seemed more confident.

"Who's that boy you're hugging?" Wu Fan didn't realize that Tao was asleep in his arms, but he was glad that he didn't go somewhere else to sleep. Maybe he felt safe with him, and that thought only made him satisfied. He loved having him in his arms.

"He's mine." He just said looking at his peaceful face. Tao was sleeping, but he had a little smile on his lips; at least he was probably having a nice dream.

Lay looked at him with a hurt gaze. "Yours? Does that mean that he's your mate?" Wu Fan nodded turned towards him. "Yes. I'm sorry, Lay."

The young man shifted his eyes on the ground. "It doesn't matter. I'll prove you that I'm better than him. I'll be the one who protects you, and I'll be the one who makes your life complete." He murmured.

Wu Fan knew that it wasn't possible. His heart, his mind, his body… they were for Tao and Tao only. Whatever Lay could do, it wouldn't work. Lay knew that, too; but he was feeling hopeless. A life without his own mate would mean a meaningless life.

He knew that Lay would stay next to him till the day he die, and that would be enough for the young man, even if that meant that he had to watch him loving someone else.

"I know you won't disappoint me." Wu Fan whispered while closing his eyes once again. He was too tired to say anything else.

"I promise you. I won't let you down." Lay answered. Just as Wu Fan fell asleep, he felt the young man cover him and Tao with a thick blanket.

"Have nice dreams, my Wu Fan."

A tear fell from Lay's eye and landed on Wu Fan's cheek.

 

 


A/N:
Am I messing with your feelings? I hope so~! XD
Tao is alive! I can't let him die! T^T
But Lay... how many of you expected this? Lay is Project Angelus, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't have a mate.
Well, be prepared to... SADNESS! LOT OF SADNESS.
Because I'm cruel and there'll be angst! Drama! Blood! People crying!
And things like that. Did you really think that everyone could be happy? ;w;
Sorry! T__T But don't worry too much, because I plan a happy ending. More or less.
Well, I plan an ending where many of them are happy. XD

Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the chapter. I hope to see many reviews, I was so happy to see those comments! <3
Thanks my dear subscribers and readers! >w<

DHshazwani: Lay didn't do anything, it's all thanks to Kris if Tao's alive ^O^

sherilyntheeurasian: Everyone thought that Lay was going to save Tao! Nope, it was Kris. XD

pripri: Sorry! ;W; But I like ending chapters like that, LOL.

chigire: He's alive! <3 Sehun will talk more and more in the future! X3

Bliss_Destiny: Ahhh! ;w; No need to worry anymore! ^O^;