13.

Horizon

 

 

When Wu Fan arrived in the kitchen, he smiled seeing Tao that was humming while cooking something. "Hey." He whispered in his ear, after hugging him from behind. Tao smiled and leant some more into his arms. Wu Fan nibbled at Tao's neck, earning a loud whimper. "Help me, don't try to distract me!" He whined. The taller man chuckled and looked at the frying pan on the burner.
"You're cooking vegetables? But what I have to do?" Tao turned around and kissed the corner of his lips. "Just cook some rice for the both of us." Wu Fan smiled and did as he was told to.

In a few minutes, they were eating in silence, too tired to say anything. Wu Fan was too busy thinking at his conversation with Lay; the young man clearly told him that he was different from the other experiments, that he didn't have a mate. But Lay wanted to love him.

That made Wu Fan angry; Lay had another chance, but he didn't want it.

As he finished his rice, he rested his head on Tao's shoulder, and gave him a kiss on the neck. "You're beautiful." He whispered. Tao chuckled and his lips. "I love you." He continued without waiting for an answer. He knew that Tao, even though they kissed, wasn't ready to say back those words.

But he felt incredibly happy when he saw that he had a wide smile on his lips and his cheeks were red.

"Hey guys!" Chanyeol entered the room followed by Suho and Lay; the latter looked embarrassed, but Wu Fan didn't want to think that it was because of the tears he shed during their conversation.

"Tao, you look better." Suho said with a gentle smile. The young man nodded. "I don't feel dizzy anymore. But I think I'm going to sleep." Tao stood and tugged Wu Fan's hand. "Please, come with me…"
He nodded and they quickly went in their bedroom. Both of them fell on the bed and Tao sighed, snuggling against Wu Fan.

"I'm tired, but I think we should read your files. There are three experiments in here, and someone attacked us… you need to know about your past and about your powers." He whispered. Wu Fan nodded after a few seconds of hesitation. He got up and took his files, and he returned next to Tao.

"We don't have to read everything. I already know what happened to you, but we can stop reading whenever you want." The other hummed and started reading.

 

'Subject KR0611S has arrived in the laboratories at the age of fifteen, in perfect state of health. His body is strong and it seems that he can endure with our project.

Our goal is to create something that has the strength and the powers of a dragon. If he will be able to fly, then we can consider that the experiments will have to end, since he will be a perfect result.

The experiments will begin two years after his arrival. First of all we need to make many tests and he needs to increase his strength.

Subject KR0611S comes from a poor farmer family. Family members are mother, sister, grand-mother.

The subject and his sister were sold to us by his mother. The rest of the family did not know that.

 

Day 1 – Start of the experiments

-The subject does not collaborate with us, and he screams. He tries to run away.

-The subject continues to struggle, but does not scream anymore. We strapped him down.

-We injected compound 4R1G, he looks in pain. He stopped struggling, he is not moving at all.

-The subject is still alive. He passed the first test, we are ready to continue tomorrow.

 

Wu Fan stopped reading and turned some pages. He felt betrayed, his mother was cruel and ruined his and his sister's life, just to have some money.

Tao gently kissed him, and with a sigh, Wu Fan started reading once again.

 

Day 122

We are ready to inject some modified dragon's cells in his body. Those cells will take control of the others and soon they will take over the entire body. If the experiment will be a success, then he will be alive. There are 34% of possibilities that the subject will survive.

This is test number 87.

-The subject does not struggle and lets us doing our work.

-The subject is now strapped down. He is not making a noise.

-We injected the modified cells. The subject did not even flinch at the injection.

-The cells started having effect. The subject has started whimpering with loud voice.

-The subject is now struggling and screaming.

-The experiment so far is a success. The subject seems in pain, but he is still breathing.

Day 125

-We almost lost subject KR0611S. Luckily, we saved his life.

Day 130

-The subject is still alive, he seems doing well. We cut his arm, the injury stopped bleeding after a minute. After three minutes, the wound was healed.

Day 136

-The subject keeps sleeping. We think that the experiment is a real success. We probably will not have any more problems.

Day 147

-We think that now the cells might have taken over the subject's body. He might wake up in a few days.

Day 162

-The subject has finally woken up! We will now start the real tests, but first we need to control his state of health.

Day 419

-Subject KR0611S is incredible. He responds well to the experiments. He is powerful, but we need to improve his stamina and his strength.

-During the nights, he screams. He has probably nightmares.

Day 530

-Subject KR0611S met our wonderful experiment, Project Angelus. He backed away when P.A. tried to touch him, but he looked happy to meet someone like him. P.A. is not his mate. We think that the subject will find his mate in the future, but not really soon.

 

Wu Fan stopped reading once again. He closed his eyes and sighed.
"Do you want to stop?" Tao asked. Wu Fan opened his eyes and looked at the young man. "No." He whispered. Tao put a hand on his neck and pulled him for a kiss. When they parted Wu Fan smiled slightly and he returned to read his files.

 

Day 845

-Project Angelus is falling in love with subject KR0611S. If we part them, it might affect the experiments and the tests. We are afraid that they might be a failure.

Day 936

-The subject keeps having friendly talks with our Project Angelus. He does not seem interested in him, at least not romantically. We hope that it will not affect P.A. in a bad way.

Day 950

-Our subject KR0611S floated in air! He is not a failure, he is a wonderful success. We will continue the tests and the experiments for a year or two. We need him to be perfect.

Day 1109

-He's strong. Too strong. We're happy that he's not conscious when we do the experiments. Today, he destroyed an entire room. We need to be careful, if he understand what he's capable to do… he might destroy us and the laboratories.

It's the first time we're able to understand that we might have created a real monster.

Day 1376

-KR0611S is almost getting out of hand. We're starting to fear his powers. Humans are weak, we can do nothing against a dragon.

Day 1457

-Project Angelus is completely in love with KR0611S. He keeps healing the subject even when we tell him not to. Some scientists hit him really hard to stop him, but P.A. continues to heal the subject. Earlier I saw him crying over his body and he was whispering something to him. I think that the subject knows he will never love P.A. and he knows he will have a mate in the future. He must hate himself to give him so much pain. I feel pity for P.A., he needs not to think about him, but we can do nothing.

We can't stop him from loving someone.

Day 1479

-It's breaking my heart to look at Project Angelus' face. He's sad, because KR0611S has almost finished his tests. The other scientists want to use him to create an army of experiments with his same powers. Then they'll kill him.
I've seen so much sadness and anger in the subject's eyes… they don't deserve this. And P.A. too deserve to live his life, just like anybody else. We're stupid, we're just killing them… they're human, why we did that? They'll never be normal again. We destroyed so many families… We deserve to die.

 

Wu Fan sobbed loudly and hid his face on the pillow. He was crying hard and he couldn't stop his tears. He felt Tao putting his arms around him, and he quickly hid his face in his chest, hugging him back.

"I'm here for you, now. Don't cry anymore." Tao whispered with broken voice; he was crying, too. Wu Fan now hated the fact that he was feeling so weak. Maybe whoever wrote the last entries was right… they were humans, not monsters or just mere experiments.

He knew he was selfish. He wasn't thinking of Lay's feelings, but in a way, he was angry with him; if he really had the possibility of loving someone else, then why Lay was still in love with him? But in that moment, he didn't want to to think about that.

He remembered very well his first two years in the laboratories; they treated him like gold. Then, they started with the tests and the experiments, and everything changed. He was in pain every single day, and only when he met Lay he felt slightly better.

"I love you." He whispered with his face still hidden in Tao's chest. "I love you so much, so please don't ever leave me." Wu Fan felt the young boy's body trembling under his arms. Tao continued sobbing quietly and he kissed his wet cheek.
"I will never leave you alone, I promise."
They closed their eyes and they fell asleep in each other's arms.

 

 


A/N:
I'm really pissed, I continued waiting for my lost everything but they still have to do something about it... >.>
I'm sorry to everyone, I reposted this chapter because I got tired of waiting. I hope my lost subscribers can find again this fic.
To everyone that reviewed chapter 12 and lost chapter 13: thank you very much. I read your reviews, but I'm way too angry to answer =_=

I hope you like this chapter 13 AGAIN, tomorrow I'll post chapter 14. ^^ Please review, I'm feeling really angry and sad! ;w;

And dear AFF, give me back my Tao/Kai fanfic. =_=