5.

Horizon

 

 

 

Wu Fan sighed when Baekhyun ruffled his hair for the nth time. In front of him, there were Jong In and Tao, who were busy staring at his new haircut.

"You two keep looking, do I look that bad?" He asked with a grumpy tone. Baekhyun's hands were pretty, gentle, and he wasn't used to that. It's not like that he didn't like them, but he preferred to take things really slowly: for now, only Tao's hands made him feel relaxed.
"You look charming!" Jong In said, reaching him to fix his bangs up. Wu Fan growled a bit, and then huffed. The two young men chuckled and Tao nodded. "You really do, don't worry."
Jong In shouted something to Sehun, that arrived in a few seconds, and looked at Wu Fan, amazed.
"Our new big brother looks like a model." Continued Jong In with a little grin on his lips. "At least now you look less frightening!"

Baekhyun patted his back and Wu Fan stirred, finally free from that hands. Chanyeol came quickly near them and smiled. Excited, the little group took a mirror and gave it to Wu Fan. He took it and looked into it. He had to stare for many seconds to understand that the man that he was seeing was himself.

He touched his face and yes, that was him, now with blond locks, with a clean face, he looked normal if not perfect. Maybe he was exaggerating, of course he was, but he didn't think he was like that.
He didn't have any scrap or scar, either. He actually looked like any other human.

He heard Chanyeol laughing, and a warm body embraced him. He knew that it was Tao, after all his scent was strong and he loved it.

"That's really me." He whispered; he turned around and met Tao's gaze. "Yes, that's you." He murmured with a lovely smile. He felt him caressing his neck with a slow pace, and Wu Fan leant on his shoulder.

"You didn't have mirrors?" Chanyeol asked. He scoffed a bit. "Of course I didn't. I think I haven't seen one since I was thirteen." Wu Fan coughed a bit, and then he nuzzled his nose against Tao's neck: he didn't want to talk, and fortunately, the group understood that he wouldn't have said anything anymore.

He could still feel Tao's lips near his mouth and his smooth skin against his own, and he could only think of that.

He didn't know why, but Tao seemed to like that soft touches: he kissed and hugged him, and Wu Fan loved the fact that it looked like it was completely normal for them to do that, even if they were strangers and barely know each other's name.

He liked that he wasn't scared of him, either. Chanyeol had just told them how he needed his blood, and yet Tao yearned for his touch, his warm body.

Wu Fan kissed slowly his neck, and he was sure that nobody saw what he did; Tao sighed, and caressed his jaw as if to thank him for the gesture. He smiled and closed his eyes, satisfied to be near the young man.

He heard quick steps in front of them, and a light chuckle from Tao. He opened his eyes and saw Jong In and Sehun with a huge box in their hands. The latter took out another little box, made of wood, and handed it to Tao, that took it with a smile.
Wu Fan looked at it, curious to know what was that. Tao opened it and inside there was a little ballerina and a ruined mirror. He turned a few times a little key that was on the back of the box, and music started to play.

Everyone in the room gasped, apart from Tao, and stared at the ballerina that was now twirling.
"It's a music box." Tao whispered with a melancholic tone. The music kept playing, and everyone remained in silence to listen carefully to the melody.

Wu Fan was amazed by that little box, he had never seen anything like that. The music was relaxing, and he wondered how turning a key could reproduce that.

When he turned his head towards Tao, he found him with glossy eyes and a sad look on his face. Soon the young man started to cry, and as he kept quiet, he tried to stop the tears.
Wu Fan couldn't do anything but hug him; Tao quickly hid his face in his chest and his body started to shook. His sobs were muffled by Wu Fan's shirt, who looked at the worried group while caressing Tao's hair. Why was he so desperate? What happened? It was just a melody, so why he was trembling in is arms?
Jong In quickly took the music box and closed it, stopping the music. "I-I'm sorry!" He stuttered with his eyes wide open. Wu Fan, looking at him, knew that Jong In was hiding something. But in that moment, Tao was more important. He glanced at Chanyeol, that after a second understood what he wanted to know.

"Central door, the second on the left is his room." He murmured still worried.

Wu Fan nodded and carried Tao away from that music box, away from Jong In that had regret in his eyes, away from Sehun's worried gaze, Baekhyun's confused one and away from Chanyeol, that followed them with his serious eyes until he closed the door.
He quickly took Tao to his bedroom and he laid the young man down on the bed. Wu Fan covered him with a blanket and tried to dry his cheeks, still wet because of the tears.

Tao slowly stopped to cry and stared at him with glossy eyes.

"I wish I could help you." Wu Fan whispered; he went closer to Tao's face till their noses touched and looked at him, trying to understand what was the problem.

He climbed into the bed and hugged him; after a few minutes, Tao decided to answer.

"You are helping me." He murmured, his lips trembled as Wu Fan caressed his cheeks, making him sigh. "I trust you so much… Because you and I don't belong to this planet anymore."

Wu Fan didn't know what Tao exactly meant, but he saw in his eyes that he didn't want to talk about that. "It's okay, I'm here with you, I'll protect you. I'll wait for you." With those words, Tao smiled, grateful to hear that he was there to stay with him. He leaned in his arms and hid his face on his chest, sighing with satisfaction.

Wu Fan kept kissing his head until the young man fell asleep.

Whatever was the reason behind his tears, Jong In knew why Tao started to cry. He didn't like the fact that it was him that know how to help Tao, Wu Fan could only hope to make him happy again.

He waited a few minutes and the silently got up and went out of the room. He carefully closed the door, trying not to make noise, and returned to the huge room where he was before.

There, he found Chanyeol tenderly kissing Baekhyun.

Wu Fan felt jealous. He couldn't do that with Tao, not in that moment; he knew he had to patiently wait, Tao had to completely trust him.

He continued to stare at the couple, that was too busy with kisses and sweet whispers to notice him, and then he saw Jong In, that looked at him almost scared.
With a stern gaze, he motioned him to go in another room and after the two of them where alone, he growled at him. Jong In looked away, nervous, as if he already knew what Wu Fan wanted to hear from him.

"Come on, tell me why Tao started crying." He said with a low tone.

He needed to know the reason behind Tao's tears. He understood that probably that music box reminded him of sad times, but that wasn't enough.

Jong In swallowed and after a long minute, he started to talk.

 

 

 


 

 

A/N:
Well, happy to see an early update? ^^
Do you like the poster? I did it... >w<
What do you think of this chapter? Yes, nobody knows what a music box is... but Tao does! °w°
Why? Can you guess? ^O^ Jong In seems to know something... >w<
Thank you my dear subscribers and readers! I love you all, I hope to see your reviews! ^O^
You can find me on one of my tumblr pages, here! ^O^
Also, I have another little poll for you, since it looks like almost everyone wants Sehun/Luhan.