24.

Horizon

 

 

 

Sehun gasped as cold water hit his skin. He shuddered and lowered his gaze; next to him, there was Kyungsoo and many other people who looked tired and scared. He didn't know why, but he was still alive. He lived in a cell with Kyungsoo, and his nights were full of screams of people who were suffering. He felt empty, alone. He didn't know that Luhan was alive till a pair of guard brought the boy to him.

Luhan told him that everyone was okay; he told him while he was crying hard, his hands clutching on his white shirt, his body shaking. Sehun cried, too, after he heard those words. He was happy, but still scared. They could die and never see the light or the blue sky once again. He missed his freedom, he missed sleeping with Luhan in his arms and he missed his friends. Before the guards took Luhan away, he kissed him and told him he loved him.

Luhan had smiled warmly and he was carried away from him. Sehun realized too late that he cared so much for that boy; he let a tear fall from his eye. The water was cold, he was shivering, but he didn't care. He was in pain, and so were the people next to him. They were in a place far from everyone they loved, alone, with some strange doctors who always looked at them with a sinister grin. Sehun was scared to die, because he knew that humans did something like that in the past.

Yes, humans once decided to keep other humans in cages and hurt them and make them scream in pain. The water stopped falling and Sehun put a hand on his heart; it was still beating, but he felt like it could stop at any moment. A pair of men in suits and a girl with a nice dress entered the room, chatting as if nobody but them existed. "Are you sure, miss?" One of the men asked. The girl giggled, covering his mouth with his slender fingers. "Of course, I need a pretty slave."

Sehun couldn't stop himself and scoffed. So was he in a slave market? He was going to live with someone else and leave all alone Luhan? He preferred to stay there, with his family, not with some stupid girl. "Why are you scoffing, little one?" The girl asked, her eyes had a curious glint in them. Sehun looked up with an angry gaze. "Because you're happy. But my family is suffering… That's why this world was destroyed, it's your fault! Because…!"

He started coughing hard; he fell on his knees as he felt blood in his mouth. People like those men and that girl destroyed his precious world. They had nothing and it was their fault. Kyungsoo knelt down, next to him, and put a hand on his still wet back. The girl kept giggling, as if she was enjoying the show, but she was suddenly interrupted by a voice. Sehun didn't hear what people were saying and his sight started blurring as he cried. He hated so much that corrupted world… He felt himself blacking out when a warm feeling started to spread from his heart.

He whimpered loudly, but he stopped coughing as he felt better and better. He touched his chest with a shaking hand and touched someone's fingers. He gasped when he finally saw who was the person in front of him. "Y-Yixing…" He whispered. Project Angelus smiled gently and backed a little. Behind him there was Suho, who was talking with those two men and the girl. "He's a precious subject. He dies and you will, too. Don't touch him; his friend, too, is off-limits." He explained with a serious tone.
The other people in the room were looking at them, amazed, but Sehun didn't care anymore. Yixing covered him and Kyungsoo with two big white towels. They quickly went out of the room leaving there the poor prisoners and went back to their cell, where they put on their clothes. Yixing kept silent, not a single feeling was shown in his eyes. He kept a stoic face until Suho arrived with a small smile on his lips.

"I'm glad to see you're okay… I came back with Yixing to help you guys. Don't worry." Sehun kept crying, but Kyungsoo's warm hand on his own calmed him a bit. Suho smiled warmly and patted his head. "You're so strong. Don't give up, not yet. There's a reason why you're still here." Yixing nodded and started explaining. His voice was soft and he talked slowly. "We need Wu Fan in his best shape… The scientists here will experiment on him, but this time it will help him improve his control on his body. Also, we really need to check Jong In's real nature. We want to stop all of this, but we need power."

Kyungsoo just sighed heavily and shook his head. "Is this world that rotted? Why are we innocent people suffering?" Yixing stared on the ground with a guilty look. "I'm really sorry. The best thing we can do is start a revolution and change this society that hide horrible things to the population." Suho put a hand on Project Angelus' shoulder. "We've got to go… I'll try to organize a meeting so you'll talk to the others." The scientist and the experiment walked away, leaving the two young men in their quiet prison.

 

It was dark when Kyungsoo opened his eyes. He realized it was still night, but he didn't feel tired, so he just sat up on his bed. Next to him there was Sehun, who seemed to have trouble sleeping. He was frowning and probably he was having a nightmare. Kyungsoo started caressing his back and in no time, Sehun continued to sleep with a small grin on his lips.

The older man chuckled quietly and looked away. He still didn't understand why he was there, since he had already answered all the questions; he remembered when he had to stay in a bad-lighted room with Tao. The younger man was punched and kicked a few times until the guards were satisfied. What surprised him was Tao's strong confidence, but more than that, Kyungsoo felt he had to thank him; Tao had immediately said that Kyungsoo knew nothing about the project, and that saved him from being tortured.

He didn't have a scrap on his face, there wasn't a bruise on his body, and all thanks to Tao, who in return had fainted from the beating. He sighed and got up from his bed. He wanted to see Jong In and hear from him that everything was going to be alright; since when he met him, he felt like he could trust the young man with his all being. He walked towards the door and put an arm through the bars. He continued thinking of Tao and Jong In when he saw a blue light. He gasped and backed away, fearing it was a guard. But when he heard no footsteps, he slowly returned to the door.

There was a blue thing floating in the air; it was shaped like a sphere, and it kept going ahead. Kyungsoo could do nothing but watch that. It was glowing, it didn't seem dangerous, and in a way he was feeling safe. He reached out to touch it, and the blue sphere just brushed his hand. Kyungsoo suddenly felt warm and smiled. Whatever it was, it meant no harm. The sphere slowly took the shape of a human.

The young man just stared, too amazed to do anything. He gasped when he saw that it became Jong In's face. What was happening? What was that thing? Jong In's figure took his hand and gently caressed it. Kyungsoo stared at the still blue creature, unsure of his next move; eventually it got closer to him and to the young man's surprise, it kissed him softly, on the lips. It lasted a mere second, and then the blue figure popped and disappeared in little sparkles.

Kyungsoo slowly fell on the ground, his heart beating fast and his cheeks were now a dark shade of red. He didn't know what had just happened. He really didn't. Was he dreaming? Was that blue thing… an alien, maybe? An experiment? He tried to calm himself down, but he could do nothing. He returned to his bed and lied down; even if he closed his eyes, the only thing he could think of was that creature and Jong In's beautiful face.

 


A/N:
So, what do you think? Are you confused? *-* I hope so; I'm curious to know your opinions and thories about the blue figure! *O*
I hope to see many comments, don't worry, I always read them! ^O^

I'm sorry, I won't answer your reviews today! ^^
So thank you so much, Asakusahimeberna04Jellylemon_Jelloseonri9095ANGERAKIDivakey0305--shininglight0yuc33morrastarCutePuppies123!

I loved your comments, I was so happy! *O* Until next time! *w*