29.

Horizon

 

 

Tao was petting a straw cat when he felt two strong arms wrapping around his waist. He smiled and leaned back, feeling his lover's chest. Wu Fan hesitated for a long time before he put his hand near the cat, which purred and mewled. The taller man stared in awe as the animal rubbed himself against their legs. "It looks like you." He mumbled. Tao chuckled slightly and rested his head on his lover's shoulder. "Do you feel better than yesterday?" He asked quietly. Wu Fan nodded and kissed him on the lips. "It's strange, but I still feel a bit scared of the others. Is it okay?" Tao started caressing his cheek.

"It's fine, you'll get better and better. We will help you." He answered. "But we need to go to visit grandma. Don't you miss her?" Wu Fan smiled brightly. "Yes, I want to see her…" Tao sighed and closed his eyes. Since when they had run away from the laboratories, the taller man acted in a different way with everyone but him. With the rest of the group, he was like a lost child: he just stared at them with wide eyes, and when he had to talk to them, he always hid himself behind Tao. It wasn't easy, the younger man was sure that Wu Fan still trusted them, but probably the experience with the scientists ruined everything. "Your scent is so sweet…" The experiment mumbled; he started leaving kisses on Tao's skin, making him shiver in pleasure. "I missed this. I missed you and your scent…"

They kissed slowly, savoring the moment, but inside Wu Fan there was pure lust that was slowly growing. "I love you." Tao gasped between the kisses; his cheeks were red, and it was hard to think straightly when his lover's hand was caressing his skin under the shirt. Wu Fan nibbled Tao's lower lip, earning from him a small moan. "I love you." He answered back, with a smirk on his lips. "And I missed your voice, I missed your sweet flavor…" Tao hid his face on the crook of his lover neck, chuckling slightly. "Let's go to meet grandma." He mumbled after a while. "Do you want to go with someone else?" Wu Fan took a deep breath as he tried to calm himself down. In that moment, he just wanted to keep kissing his mate… And maybe have something more than just that. Tao's body was perfect in his mind, and he just wanted to touch it, kiss it, bite it…

He shuddered and nodded, trying to get away from these thoughts. "Chanyeol and Yixing. I want them next to me… In case I do something wrong…" Tao pecked his cheek and stood up. "Don't worry, you won't do anything. I'll be next to you." Wu Fan smiled weakly and kissed the younger man's hand. "Promise?" He whispered. "I promise, and I'll always be with you."

 

When they arrived in front of the house on the hill, Tao felt nervous. Wu Fan, though, looked excited and he was staring at the door with wide eyes, waiting for Chanyeol to knock on it. "I'll talk first, okay?" He said with serious tone. The door opened and a woman with a tired look showed. She glanced at the scientist, curious. "I'm Park Chanyeol, an ex-scientist from the Government's laboratories. I know that you had a son… Well, I brought him to you." The woman gasped loudly and her eyes started shining with tears. "Oh dear, oh dear, please come in…!" They entered and they went in a huge living room, where they saw an old woman who was sitting on the couch. She was reading, but when she saw them, she stared confused.

"Who are these young men?" She quietly asked. In that moment, Wu Fan spoke, looking hesitant. "Grand-mother, it's me…" Tao put a hand on his back, reassuring him, smiling brightly; he was happy that his lover could meet his family once again. The old lady stood up slowly, and when she looked up, tears were falling from her eyes. "Wu Fan… Wu Fan, my dear, hard-working grandson…!" The young man didn't move, but he raised his arm and smiled. She took his hand in her old ones and started sobbing. "W-what happened to you? You have grown so much, look at you, now you are a handsome man!" Wu Fan's mother stared at him, surprised that his son didn't even spare her a glance. "Grand-mother, I'm back from work." The experiment said with a cheerful voice. His grandma cried even harder, but there was a smile on her lips. "Wu Fan!" The younger woman exclaimed. There was disappointment and sadness in her eyes, but her son did nothing and just stared at his grandmother.

"Please, sit down. I'd like to explain what happened to him… Please, do not force him in anything." Chanyeol said, still with a serious tone. The two women nodded and everyone sat on the couches. Wu Fan made Tao sat between himself and his grandma, not wanting to feel her warm body. Chanyeol started to talk slowly, explaining everything, occasionally answering some questions, while Wu Fan seemed like he wasn't hearing the conversation. He was playing with his mate's fingers, sometimes he whispered in his ear, sometimes he pecked his neck, and sometimes he looked at his dear grandmother.

Tao kept slowly caressing his lover's neck, smiling softly at his childish behavior; he didn't need to listen to Chanyeol, he already knew what happened. But he didn't like his lover's mother: she seemed angry, after listening to his son's long story. "Wu Fan, are you happy with Tao?" She asked, looking rather annoyed. This time, the young man answered. "Of course, he's my life." He immediately mumbled. After a long minute of silence, she spoke again. "I forbid you to see him again. You have to stay here with us. With me." Wu Fan straightened his back and glared at her. He growled with anger and he was about to stood when Chanyeol started talking. "What are you saying? Don't worry Wu Fan, you can do whatever you want!" He nervously chuckled. Wu Fan kept frowning, but he calmed down a little. "I believe we have already made too many mistakes. Let him go wherever he wants, if he stays here he'll just suffer." The older woman reasoned. The other shook her head. "But I miss my son so much… I want him back, or he'll turn just like his sister!"

In that moment, a slim girl entered the room. Her eyes were bloodshot, she looked lost and scared, but still, she was beautiful. With dark long hair and dark eyes, she really looked like Wu Fan's sister. "Brother!" She screamed with hoarse voice as soon as she saw Wu Fan. "Brother, you're alive!" She started shaking hard, but she had a wide smile on her red lips. The experiment stared in disbelief at the girl, he stood up and kept quiet. "You… Sister…" The girl nodded and cried. "No, brother, it's not me anymore. We are now mere objects, don't you see? Everyone hates us, even our mother. She sold us to gain some money and start a new life while we kept suffering and every day we saw death in our eyes!"

She started laughing and she shook her head. "Brother, who is this dark-haired man? Do you think he likes you? Of course not, he despises you!" Wu Fan frowned, genuinely looking confused. "It's not a problem, because I'll follow him everywhere he wants to go. Anyway I know that what you said it's not true. I trust Tao." His words weren't heard by her sister, as she kept laughing; their mother got up and with an embarrassed look, she tugged her away from that room. Chanyeol tiredly sighed and shook his head, as he stood up. "I think we should go away before something bad happens." He mumbled. Wu Fan's grand-mother nodded and smiled softly. "I understand. This family started to fall apart when my daughter sold her own children… I was against it, but I couldn't stop her. You can come here whenever you want, Wu Fan, I'll be here."

Wu Fan took her grandma's hand in his shaking one; he looked like he was forcing himself to do that, but in the end he seemed satisfied. "I'll be back, grand-mother." He whispered quietly. She smiled warmly and the little group walked out of the house. "You were wonderful." Tao whispered in his lover's ear. "And I love you." Wu Fan grinned and pecked his lips. "I can do everything I want when you're with me." He answered after a deep breath. Behind them, Yixing stood there, watching at their moment, with a hurt gaze. Those stupid experiments on Wu Fan ruined their relationship; the man was always with Tao, covering him with kisses and caresses, as if they were never enough. "Wu Fan." He called. He didn't want to keep seeing them together, so every occasion was perfect to divide them. "Do you realize that we are going to start a war?" He spoke slowly. "What do you mean?" Tao asked. Project Angelus sighed, feeling slightly annoyed; he wasn't talking to him, so why did he in their conversation? "We must to do something… We are planning to free the experiments and fight against the Government. People are going to die, and we are going to be soldiers."

Tao lowered his gaze, probably in shame. He could do little, he wasn't going to fight in the battlefield because he didn't have any skill. He was going to stay hidden from the action, while Wu Fan was going to use his power to fight. "I-I, sorry." He muttered. Yixing snorted and walked away, bumping his shoulder with Tao's one. "Don't worry." Wu Fan whispered to his mate. "I'm not going to die while fighting. I won't leave you alone." He kissed the younger man slowly, hoping that every word he had said was going to be true. He couldn't bear of leaving Tao behind.

 


A/N:
Hi, dear readers and subscribers, how are you? ^O^
I truly hope you enjoyed this chapter, write me your review, I'd like to know what do you think of it! T^T
Write me on my tumblr, too! ^w^ 

xTaeMinX: Ahaha, thank you so much! ;^;

ren5512: Thank you! *O* Ahahaha, don't worry, I'll never forget to update! ^O^ I'm glad you like my fic! T^T

obliviate-: Thank you! ;o; I hope you liked this chapter ^^

exoticmisty: Here's the update! ^O^ Do you like it? :3