27.

Horizon

 

 

 

 

Wu Fan's mind was full of confusing information. Tao was still in his arms, unconscious, and he never felt so angry before. It was his own fault if his mate was in that condition; Tao went there to help him, but in the end he got hurt. He hated himself for that, so much. He had destroyed many things as he continued to go ahead, but he didn't really care. In that moment, only Tao was important.

He probably had killed someone, or maybe just injured or just scared, but he just wanted to run away from that place, he wanted to save Tao. People were screaming around him, and he growled back to them, making them shouting even more. "Leave us alone!" He snarled. He tightened his grip on his lover, as if he wanted to hide him from everyone. "Leave! He's mine, not yours!" He flapped his wings and the scientists near him stumbled back, since the wind he had created was too strong. "Mine. He's mine!" He quickly fled away, trying to find an exit door.

He felt pain, but he didn't feel the need to stop, not when Tao was suffering because of him. He was much more important than everything else was. His wings were scrapping on the walls, his body was bleeding and he couldn't breathe properly, but he had to save Tao. He was leaving flames behind them, his rage was simply increasing, together with his worry for his mate. He immediately stopped when he felt him whimpering. He glanced down and covered their bodies with his wings, creating a shield. "Tao." He mumbled quietly. The only thing he could see was him; during his run, too, he couldn't understand clearly where he was going. Everything was blurred, but Tao stood out against the surroundings.

His lover opened his eyes, frowning. He moaned, in pain, and one of his hands grabbed Wu Fan's shirt. "Tao." The experiment called again. It seemed like he couldn't say anything else; his mind didn't let him think too much, he acted on instinct. Tao closed his eyes again, but he looked a bit relaxed than a few seconds ago. "Wu Fan…?" He mumbled, a bit confused. The young experiment smiled softly. "I'm here." He answered with a whisper. "I'm saving you." His lover hid his face on Wu Fan's chest. "From whom?" He asked, his voice muffled.

"From the bad people." He knew that not everyone in that place was bad, but in that moment his mind was so clouded that he didn't even remember Luhan. Chanyeol and Jong In didn't exist in his head, and who were Sehun and Baekhyun? Did he ever meet someone called Kyungsoo? Who was that young man who claimed to be Yixing? Only Tao meant something to him. "Are you hurt?" His mate said when he opened his eyes once again. Wu Fan pecked his forehead. "No, I'm perfectly fine." It was partially the truth; his body was bleeding, but not his spirit. He was glad that Tao was now okay, but he had to make sure he was far from troubles.

"Don't worry, I'm carrying you outside this place." He continued with a sweet smile. He was about to start flying when he felt a sharp pain on his leg, that made him scream loudly. Someone had stabbed him, and it hurt like hell. He screamed in agony and flames started burning everything that was next to him, including the attacker, who tried to run away; Wu Fan didn't let him. He pulled out the steel bar that was on his leg and stabbed the scientist, right on his heart. Even if he was in pain, he got to fly far from that room, his arms tightening his grip on Tao.

When he arrived in an empty room, he let himself fall and he screamed again. His leg hurt, and now his head was pounding hard. Tao weakly sat up and made him rest on his lap. Wu Fan's wings quickly retracted and a huge wave of pain hit him, making him scream even louder. Every scrap, every bruise: he could feel everything, in that moment, everything that a few minutes before didn't make any sense. "W-why did you tell me you were fine?!" Tao cried. Wu Fan sobbed, the pain was almost too much for him. "I-I promise! I'll take you out of here!" He shouted, trying not to think about the pain.

His lover shook his head and caressed Wu Fan's cheeks. "I don't care, I just want to stay with you, but I can't protect you from anything…" Tao was right, he couldn't do much. There was a loud noise and the young man whimpered and took the experiment's hand. Someone was coming… And he didn't even have a weapon. He couldn't protect Wu Fan. He guessed it were their final minutes; he was happy, though, to have lived with him and his family. His lover trying to stop screaming, but the pain was too much for him.

"I love you." Wu Fan said between whimpers and moans. "I-I love you so much, if only… I-if only you and I…" They started hearing voices, and their heart was beating fast; they were scared to die, but they had each other. Wu Fan slowly sat up, his body shaking, and he fell into Tao's weak arms. They hugged tightly and closed their eyes. "I love you." The younger man whispered as more tears fell. The voices were now too close for them, they couldn't run away, not anymore. The door suddenly opened.

"Wu Fan! Tao!" The couple looked up and saw Yixing and Suho, who were staring at them with a worried gaze. "W-what happened?! You're bleeding…!" Project Angelus immediately went to Wu Fan and without waiting a second, he started healing him. "Why are you here?! Why did you do this, Wu Fan…?" Yixing was already sobbing hard, scared to lose his love. Tao had calmed down, but he didn't want to let go of his lover; he was clinging to him as if it would have saved his life. Suho was looking at Yixing with a sad glint in his eyes. The young experiment was still in love with Wu Fan, and it was hard to accept that, simply because Yixing didn't want to forget about him.

"He's not going to die." Project Angelus sobbed. His nose was red, just like his eyes. "He won't. He promised. He told me he will survive to save you, Tao." The younger man cried harder, and nodded. If Wu Fan said so, then he was going to trust him. Why he was that weak? Wu Fan should have fell in love with Yixing a long time ago. They were friends, they could be lovers, too. It wasn't fair, it really wasn't. Tao kept crying and he never let go of Wu Fan, who now looked far better than before. There was dried blood on his hands and clothes, but it didn't matter.

Suho knelt down next to them and put a hand on Yixing's shoulder. "That's enough. He's fine, now, you have to stop." Project Angelus did as he was told to and tried to wipe away his tears. Wu Fan opened his eyes, looking incredibly tired. "Tao…?" He called softly. His lover kissed him on his lips, with a smile. He was still alive, but they couldn't stay happy for long: they still were inside the prison and the laboratories. Wu Fan had destroyed many things, and they were in danger. "If you are here it means the others are running inside the building, too… We have to go, now!" Suho explained as he stood up.

They could hear people screaming outside the room, but with Wu Fan in that state, they couldn't go really far. Tao tried to get up and carry the experiment, but he was too weak to do that. Some scientists entered the room, with guns in their hands; they were about to shoot when they were thrown away by an invisible force. Tao turned around and met Luhan's fierce gaze. He had never felt so happy to see him again, it meant they were safe. Behind the alien there were Jong In, Sehun and Kyungsoo, who were smiling. "Chanyeol and Baekhyun are coming, don't worry." Luhan said. He glanced at Wu Fan and frowned.

"It seems like you can do much better than before… You have really became the perfect war machine, Wu Fan." Sehun looked at the experiment with sad eyes, but before he could say anything, Jong In spoke. "You might be like a war machine… But I'm sure you love and feel just like a human." Wu Fan glanced at him, with a blank face. He kept silent and after a long time, he rested his head on Tao's shoulder. "We all are machines."

 

 


A/N:
I'm sorry, many bad things this week and I'm not feeling good at all! =_=
Anyway: I hope some of you will actually write me for the "contest"! XD If you don't remember something, read carefully the notes in chapter 26! ^O^
I hope to receive many reviews, until next time! *O*

I'm sorry, I won't reply you this time! Don't worry, I have already read your comments, thank you everyone! ;w;
<3