Sadness

The Day We Met [No longer getting updated]

 

Chapter 9: Sadness

 

“Ge~ Wait up!” Yixing called to Kris, running to catch up with the taller man. Kris’ long legs definitely left Yixing at a disadvantage.

“What is it?” Kris asked, turning back. There was no trace left of the smile he had shown Yixing earlier that day.

“Well since it’s lunch time, do you want to....” Yixing started, unable to finish the sentence because he felt too shy to ask Kris out to eat. Oh my god, it sounds like I’m asking him out on a date!

“Want to what?” Kris asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Do you want to... go and eat lunch with me?!” Yixing asked, rushing the last part.

“What? I can’t understand you!” Kris said, coming closer to the shorter boy with a grin on his face. Yixing’s face turned more and more red and Kris found it entertaining to tease the boy.

“Eat lunch with me!” Yixing said in a loud voice, surprising Kris.

Kris grinned down at Yixing, who was currently pouting, “I’d like to... but I have something to do, so go ahead and eat without me.” And with that, Kris turned and left.

WHAT A JERK! Yixing thought to himself, angry that Kris . It took so much to ask him that and he was just messing with me!

With another pout, Yixing walked back to the cafeteria with his head hung low.



***

It was 8pm and Yixing was back in the room all alone. He hadn’t seen Kris since he rejected Yixing’s offer. Yixing was getting worried for no reason, but he decided to clear his head by cooking. He should be back anytime! I’ll cook a warm dinner for him~ Yixing thought to himself with a happy smile.

When Yixing was finally done cooking he looked up to the clock to see that it was 10pm. What’s taking Kris so long? Why isn’t he back yet..?? Yixing thought to himself, getting more and more worried.

“Oh!” He said out loud to himself, reaching for his phone. But after staring at his phone for a minute, he realized he never got Kris’ phone number. Disappointed, he dragged himself over to his bed and took out the diary he hid. Falling back on Kris’ bed, he opened the diary to a page wrinkled by dried tears.


May 12th, 2009



God, are you there...


Why is this happening to me?


I was always trying my best.


I was a good son.


But this is the punishment I get?


Tell me, God.


Why did you have to take her


WHY


WHY!?


Confused, Yixing flipped to the next page, which was more legible than the last one.

September 23rd

Today was the first day of high school and already, I can’t wait to get out of here. Everyone around me are shallow idiots. I don’t want to be near these people.

Laughing to himself about how Kris was always angry at the world, Yixing flipped to the next page.

October 23rd

She was always watching me in class. And I could tell with just one look that she wasn’t like the others. I was interested in her. I didn’t know what love was... but maybe I could try and find out. Should I step out of my comfort zone and take the chance to ask her? Maybe I should just go for it....

October 24th

SHE SAID YES!! This was the first time I ever felt so many emotions come to me. I was both happy and shy and embarrassed when she told me she would go out with me. I guess this is what you call being crazy in love. That feeling I had.. it must have been love after all!

November 18th

I must be so in love.. because every time I see her smile, my heart melts. My day gets better. I just feel so happy.

December 25th

Happiness never lasts in my life.

I went to pick her up from her house today. But I found another man there with her. It was an older man. When I called out to her, she shut the door in my face and went in with that man. She didn’t have to tell me anything. My heart was already broken...

What the other kids in class say... it must be true... I have nobody to love me.


Yixing flipped through the rest of the diary, feeling tears falling down his face. He didn’t know that Kris led such a harsh life. He had suffered so much. Yixing had never felt any pain or sadness in his life before so it was even worse to read about something like this.

There was a knock on the door.

Yixing sprinted to hide the diary before he went to the door. And as soon as he stuffed the diary under his bed sheets, the door swung open.

Yixing looked at the person standing at the door and his eyes widened.

 

--

 

A/N: Sorry for the boring chapter.. ;(