New Kid

The Day We Met [No longer getting updated]

New Kid

Many more weeks passed by, yet Mei never stopped coming over. She basically lived in their dorm now. And every time she came over, Lay left them alone since he couldn’t stand watching her fake act. But what was even worse was the way Kris reacted to all her actions. He smiled at her. He looked at her with such caring eyes. He was totally in love with her. Lay couldn’t take this. His heart couldn’t take this.

Lay was feeling lonely since Kris didn’t have time to hang out with him anymore, he had no other friends to hang out with either. It was too late to make friends since everyone already formed their own little groups the first week of school. Lay was all alone. Every day, he would walk to class alone since Mei would already be in their room, flirting with Kris. And every day, he would walk back alone to an empty room.

One day, he was walking out of his class when he felt a hand on his shoulder. He turned around, half expecting it to be Kris, expecting that Kris came back to him after finding out the truth about Mei. But to his disappointment, it was just a cute little girl.. no it was a boy.. smiling at him.

“Hi! Nice to meet you! I transfered into your class today! I’m Luhan!” The kid said, extending his hand for a shake hand, still smiling.

“H-hi! Yixi- I mean.. Lay! I’m Lay!” Lay said, grabbing the other’s hand to shake. It was awkward for Lay to talk to others since he wasn’t used to talking to anyone other than Kris. He wasn't the social bug he once used to be.

“Would it be ok... for you to show me around campus? Because I’m kind of new and I’m so lost!!” Luhan said with pleading eyes.

Lay laughed at the new student’s cuteness, “Sure!”

Maybe I can be friends with Luhan... Maybe I can get over Kris this way...

***


“Uhm.. Lay.. are you sure you know the way back to the cafeteria? I’m pretty sure we already passed this--” Luhan started to say.

“Don’t worry, don’t worry! I got this..!!” Lay said, trying to come off as confident, but ended up sounding worried.

After walking around some more, he finally gave up. “Luhan.. I’m sorry but … I think we’re--”

“Lost?” Luhan finished for him. And with that, the two started laughing.

“Don’t worry about it, Lay!” Luhan said, patting Lay’s back, “Let’s go and see if there’s anybody in that room, the lights are on inside even though it’s so late. Maybe there’s someone inside who can help us out!” Luhan said, pulling Lay’s arm into the room.

“Anybody in here?” Luhan called out.

A gasp came out of Lay’s mouth as he recognized the familiar face. “Kris,” a silent whisper escaped his mouth.

“Oh hey! Can you help me and uh....” Luhan looks over at Lay, contemplating on what to call him. Then a small smile appeared on Luhan’s face “Can you help me and my friend get to the cafeteria?” He said, turning back to look at Kris.

“Oh? And who may your little friend be?” Kris said, a grin appearing on his face.

Lay looked down at the floor and inched closer and closer behind Luhan, trying to get out of Kris’ line of vision.

“Oh, his name is Lay!”

Kris’ face fell. That’s my nickname for Yixing... One only I was allowed to call him.. One only I knew about.. Kris thought to himself.

“Uh--uh it’s ok Kris! We can find our way out! Uhm, thanks anyway!” Lay said, hurriedly pulling Luhan out of the room to try and escape the awkward situation.

“Tell your friend..” Kris said, looking over to glare at Lay. For some reason, Kris was angry. Not just angry, he was pissed. Pissed that Lay shared his nickname with some stranger. What is this feeling?? Kris said, feeling a fire growing in his chest. And what’s wrong with me?? Why am I so angry.. “Tell your friend...,” Kris continued, “that it’s the 2nd right down this hallway.”

Luhan and Lay quietly exited the room and followed the path to the exit.

“What’s with him?” Luhan asked, obviously confused and lost about the intense atmosphere back there.

“Uhh... uh nothing...” Lay said, scurrying to get to get to the exit.

Finally, they were back to where they came from.

“I’m so sorry!” Lay said, apologizing for the 100th time.

“Really! Don’t worry about it!” Luhan said with a sweet smile, “And... will I see you again?”

“Of course!” Lay said with a huge smile, “Bye, Luhan!”

“That’s Luhan ge to you!” Luhan said waving as he walked away.

Huh!? Ge?? But he definitely looks younger than me?!

Lay shrugged his shoulders and walked back to the dorm.


Lay entered the room to see Kris sitting on his bed.

“Kris..” Lay started.

“What was that about?” Kris replied, the anger from before returning to him.

“What was.. what?”

“He called you Lay...” Kris started, but his voice fell at the end, realizing how childish he sounded.

“Oh..I thought... I liked the name so.. I wanted to go by Lay..”

Kris stared at Lay for a while before shaking his head, “Forget it.”

Kris laid on his bed and closed his eyes. What am I doing... What’s wrong with me?? Why am I acting so weird..Why am I being so... so possessive?? Many questions ran through Kris’ mind as he tried to figure out his weird behaviour.

 

The room was silent for a while. Then right as Kris was about to fall asleep, he heard Lay’s voice.


“Good night.. ge” Lay said hesitantly.

A smile appeared on Kris’ face. Lay’s voice broke him out of his confusing thoughts and now, his mind was at ease.

“Good night, Lay” Kris replied back with a smile and fell asleep soundly.

 

--

 

A/N: Sorry for slow updates! >< I made this chapter longer than the last two so yay :) Thank you kpopbadgirl for an inpiration :D