A New Roommate

The Day We Met [No longer getting updated]

KNOCK KNOCK!!

Both Kris and Lay awoke to the loud booming noise at their door.

“What in the world...” Kris muttered, motioning for Lay to go open the door.

Lay obediently got up and ran to open the door, “Lu--Luhan!?” Lay exclaimed, surprised at the fact that he was in front of their door at 4 am in the morning.

“Uh.... Lay... my friend!... You’re my friend right, Lay?... and friends help each other out, right..?” Luhan said, slowly slipping into the room, “Well... uh.. my roommate kind of kicked me out because uh... because he uh... well nevermind, can I ask you for a favor??” Luhan asked, his eyes pleading.

“What is it, Luhan?” Lay asked, confused as to why Luhan was acting so weird.

“Can you please let me stay here!? Please Lay, please?!?! It’ll only be for a while!! Until I can get a new room!”

“Oh... sure, I don’t see why not!” Lay said without a second thought.

“Lay...” a sound came from behind them, “are you forgetting that there’s also another person who lives here?”

“Oh! Kris! Sorry... uhm, would it be okay for Luhan to stay here for a while?”

Kris rolled his eyes, “do whatever you want,” and went back to sleep.

Lay reluctantly smiled at Luhan. “Haha don’t worry about him, he’s always like that!”

“Thank you! Thank you so much!!” Luhan said, jumping to hug Lay, “you’re an awesome friend!”

Lay smiled at the cuter boy. He couldn’t believe that this person was older than him, yet acted so cute.

“But Luhan, why did you get kicked out?” Lay asked curiously.

“Uh....” Luhan looks over to where Kris was sleeping, “I’ll uh... tell you some other time..”

Lay nodded, still confused at how Luhan was acting, but decided to forget about it.

“Let’s just get a few more hours of rest before class starts, okay?” Lay proceeded to show Luhan over to his bed when Kris suddenly got up.

“Lay.” Kris said in a commanding voice, “You sleep here. With me.” And with that, he pulled Lay’s hands until Lay collapsed onto Kris’ bed. Kris looked over at Luhan with a glare, “You can sleep there. Alone.”

Kris went back to bed while Lay sat there, awkwardly, staring at both Kris and Luhan. With an embarrassed laugh, Lay motioned for Luhan to go to sleep. Then, Lay proceeded to sleep beside Kris, trying not to touch the older one in fear of waking him back up.

 

***

“What’s with your roommate?” Luhan asked, looking at Kris who walked away with Mei practically hanging off his arms.

When he heard no reply Luhan turned to see Lay looking down with a sad expression on his face.

“Lay?? What’s wrong?” Luhan asked, suddenly worried about his friend. Lay always looked happy and this was the first time Luhan saw this expression on him.

Lay shook his head and walked ahead, but Luhan grabbed Lay’s shoulder and turned him around. Now with both hands on Lay’s shoulders, Luhan looked right into Lay’s eyes. “Tell me what’s wrong.” Luhan said, in a commanding voice.

Lay was taken aback by Luhan’s fierceness. This child-like guy who came off so girly and feminine seemed so manly when he was serious.

Not having felt anyone really care about him ever since Kris came around, Lay couldn't help but start
crying. He couldn’t hold back all his emotions anymore. Everything that he went through these past weeks, he let it all out onto Luhan’s chest.

 


Luhan, surprised by Lay’s sudden outburst, let Lay lean against his chest until he was done crying.

After a while, Lay lifted his head, sniffing, “I’ll.. I’ll tell you, Luhan... I’ll tell you everything.”

Unbeknownst to Lay or Luhan, Kris had returned to pick up something he forgot when he was interrupted by the scene of Lay leaning on Luhan’s chest. Furious, he had stomped back to the dorm, missing out on what Lay was about to reveal.

Lay continued on to spill out all the secrets that he had locked away in his heart. He told Luhan everything.

 

--

 

A/N: Thank you everyone for suscribing and being pateint with me >o<~