First Date

The Day We Met [No longer getting updated]

 

First Date


Walking out of the classroom, Yixing hurried to follow behind Kris. Yixing was really getting tired of Kris’ long legs; he had to basically run to catch up with him. By the time they were outside, Yixing was panting and out of breath.

“Ge~ Hold on.. a second” Yixing said, catching his breath.

“Uhh.. Yixing.. “ Kris started, scratching the back of his head awkwardly.

“What is it ge~?” Yixing asked back curiously.

“You want to.. want to eat lunch?” Kris asked, surprised at how awkward he was being.

Yixing’s face suddenly lit up, “Yeah!!” He says, nodding his head repeatedly like a little kid.



***

After eating, Yixing still felt empty. He was so excited that he ate too fast and ended up finishing way earlier than Kris. So he was forced to sit there awkwardly, watching Kris eat. I need to say something! It’s way too quiet...

“Ge~! So.. um.. what did you think about that math class?” Yixing said with a little too much enthusiasm.

“Ok, I guess,” Kris replied, without taking his eyes off his plate.

This wasn’t what Yixing had imagined. He wanted this to be more... more interesting. It was his first date, if this was even considered a date, with Kris and he was feeling horrible. Am I the only one who wants this to be a date...?? Yixing thought to himself silently. Maybe he doesn’t even see me as anything more than a friend... He grabbed a bag of chips and started nibbling on it for the rest of the time.

“Do you like Lay’s Chips that much?” Kris asked in awe, looking at the 3 empty bags of chips in front of Yixing.

“Uh.. yeah.. I love them!” Yixing replied, not being able to think of any other reason.

Kris laughed at his response, causing Yixing’s heart to go crazy once again. His smile... it’s so gentle and warm.

“Then I’ll call you Lay from now on!” Kris said, still laughing.

It didn’t matter anymore that this date was a total failure. This was all he wanted; to see Kris smile like that was enough to completely cheer him up!

Lay nodded shyly at Kris, approving of his nickname.



They walked back to their dorm to see a stranger standing outside their room.

“Mei...” A small sound escaped Kris’ mouth as he stopped walking.

“Kris!!!” The girl came running towards Kris and jumped up to wrap her hands around Kris’ neck, giving him a hug, “I missed you so much!”

Lay looked over at Kris to find a strange expression on his face. Lay’s never seen Kris like this before. What does that mean... why does he look so.... happy? Why has he never looked at me like that before...

“La-- no, Yixing, can you go ahead without me” Kris said, looking over at Lay.

Lay nodded hesitantly. Why did he say Lay then change it to Yixing...

Kris and the girl turned around and walked away. The girl was practically hanging off of Kris’ arms and Lay’s heart was tightening inside his chest.

“What is this feeling...” Yixing said, holding his heart, “.. it hurts so much...”

Yixing went into the room, still confused and hurt about what just happened. Who was she Lay kept thinking to himself.

Then it suddenly hit him. AH!

Lay ran over to get Kris’ diary from underneath his bed sheets and flipped through the pages. And there it was. Mei. Everywhere. It was the girl Kris was in love with. The girl who had cheated on him with an older man. Why was she back for him now?!

Lay was furious at this girl for having the guts to come back after ruining his life so much. She had cheated on him! She had broken Kris’ heart! But he was even more mad at Kris for going along with her. Why Kris?!

Lay fell onto the floor, defeated. What if Kris still has feelings for her.... Lay thought, tears forming in his eyes.

 

--

 

A/N: Sorry for the slow updates ;(