Plan B

The Day We Met [No longer getting updated]

Plan B

 

Lay grabbed the phone from Kris’ hand and was about to place it aside when the words on the screen catches his eyes.



To my boyfriend... well ‘ex-boyfriend’ now,

I was waiting for the perfect moment to break your heart.

And just by chance, your lovely friend gave me the perfect opportunity ;)

Why am I doing this?

This is payback for ruining my life that Christmas day.

After you showed up at my door, he broke up with me...he was the

only person I loved... I HATE YOU!

I wanted to break your heart just like you broke mine!

~Mei-bear~


Lay shut his eyes in anger. How could someone be so cruel as to want to hurt someone emotionally?! How could she hurt Ge not once, but twice!? Didn’t she ever think of how Ge felt?? How much Ge loved her?

“I’m so sorry...” Lay starts to apologize, knowing that if it wasn’t for that picture, this wouldn’t have happened, “Ge..”

“Why didn’t you tell me?” Kris said in a low voice; lower than his usual voice. He stared right into Lay’s eyes.

“...huh?” Lay was surprised at the question that came out of Kris’ mouth. He wasn’t expecting this. He expected Kris to hit him and punch him and yell at him for ruining his relationship. Lay just stared back at Kris wide-eyed.

“Lay... why didn’t you tell me about this when you found out...” Kris had stopped crying by now.

“Ge... I didn’t.. I didn’t want to ruin your happiness.. I didn’t want to break your heart... you seemed so happy.. I couldn’t... I’m sorry ge...” This time, it was Lay’s turn to start tearing up. Tears began forming and before he could stop himself, he was sobbing away. He knew that either way, he failed in being a friend. Utterly failed.

“Lay.. I’m sorry.. I shouldn’t have said that... It’s not your fault,” Kris proceeded to softly wipe the tears of the younger man’s face which fit perfectly in Kris’ large hands, “You were just trying to protect me.”

“Ge...no.. it’s my fault.. it’s all my fau--” But before Lay finished his sentence, Kris silenced him by pressing a finger against his soft lips.

“Thank you, Lay... thank you for being a great friend!” Kris said, smiling gently at him.

Lay’s heart sank at the words coming out of Kris’ mouth. F-friend...? I’m just a friend to him..? Of course...what was I even thinking..  how silly of me.. to think that it was anything more than that... what was I hoping for. I’m so stupid. So blind...

“Ge.. you should.. get to sleep..” Lay said, getting up to go over to his bed. He was suddenly feeling disappointed and depressed.

“Lay, what’s wrong?” Kris asked, surprised at Lay’s sudden change in behaviour.

“Nothing, ge” Lay said, forcing a fake smile on his face, “It’s getting late, so good night!”

And with that, Lay dragged himself onto the bed and forced himself to fall asleep.
Kris followed soon after. What’s wrong with him? Kris thought to himself, somehow feeling guilty about what just happened.


***


Lay woke up in the morning to find a peacefully sleeping Luhan next to him. Unbeknownst to Lay, Luhan had returned home a short while after they had both gone to sleep, expecting a turn of events between the two roommates, but was left dumbfounded when he found the two asleep.

“Luhan..? When did you get home?” Lay asked softly, trying not to scare him awake.

But Luhan shot up in bed and grabbed both of Lay’s shoulders, “WHAT. THE. HELL. LAY!?” he hissed, trying not to wake up Kris. “I came here last night expecting to see a good show and I see you two already asleep... IN SEPARATE BEDS!”

“Show?? Huh? What are you talking about Luhan??” Lay asked, utterly confused at why the older, baby-faced man was yelling at him so early in the morning.

“I MEAN YOU. AND KRIS! TOGETHER! YOU KNOW EXACTLY WHAT THE MEANS!” Luhan said, getting angry, “I thought with you running back and all that Mei stuff, you guys would have confessed your feelings and made out and stuff!”

Lay blushed at how blatantly Luhan was saying these things out loudly, especially when Kris was only a few feet away from them.

“Luhan... I think you misunderstood.. nothing happened between us.. he told me.... he said... that I was a good friend...” Lay said, his voice squeaking at the end, “I’m just a friend to him...”

Lay sighed to himself and started to get up to continue on with the morning chores but Luhan’s arm roughly grabbed Lay back down onto the bed.

“Luhan!?” Lay asked, surprised that the cute baby-faced man had this strength in him.

“Well I guess this cupid’s job isn’t over, yet, hmm?” Luhan said with a smirk, positioning himself so that he was on top of Lay.

“Lu--Luhan?! What are you doing?!”

“Heehehe,” Luhan giggled mischievously as he shortened the distance between them. He proceeded to trap Lay by pinning his arms down on the bed, allowing no way of escape.

“Luhan, NOOOOO,” Lay yelled, realizing what was happening, but nothing he did could stop the older man.

“Come here, Lay~~” Luhan cooed, grinning.