Surprise

The Day We Met [No longer getting updated]

 

Surprise



“Kris....” a small whisper escaped Yixing’s mouth when he looked up at the man at the door.

Kris was standing at the door, drenched from the sudden rainstorm.

“That was one heck of a storm,” Kris said to Yixing as he walked in to grab a towel.

Yixing wiped off the tears on his face and went closer to the taller man. “Kris... it’s 1am! Where were you this whole time!?”

“Secret,” Kris said grinning as he turned to walk to the bathroom to get out of his wet clothes.

“Kris! Wait! Where--” Before Yixing could ask him anything, the bathroom door was shut. Pouting, Yixing went to heat up the food that had gone cold. He wiped the dry tears off his face as he waited for the food to warm up.

Yixing sighed as he filled up the table with the dishes he made. Kris was in there for a long time and Yixing had started to doze off into space, when suddenly Yixing felt Kris’ hot breathe near his ears.

“Is that all for me?” Kris said, breathing onto Yixing’s neck, standing closely behind him. Kris pulled Yixing into a back hug, “You’re really... something special!” he said to Yixing as he chuckled while moving to pull up a chair.

Yixing stood there frozen, unable to move. He knew that his face was getting hotter and hotter by the second and he thought he was going to faint from Kris’ scent. “T-thanks!” He stuttered back to Kris, who was already eating.

Chugging down huge spoonfuls of food, Kris started happily complementing Yixing’s food. “Oh my god this is so good!!” Kris said with a full mouth, “YUM!! Yixing, you’re the best!”

Smiling to himself while still blushing, Yixing pulled up a chair next to Kris.

“Kris.. why were you gone for so long!?” Yixing questioned him, pouting, “I was getting worried! I thought that you... I thought something happened to you..”

“And so you started crying?” Kris said chuckling.

Yixing quickly went up to wipe the rest of the tears of his face, “No no, I wasn’t-- this isn’t because of--” he stopped himself before he revealed the actual reason he was crying. He looked down at the floor and nodded yes.
Chuckling again, Kris pushed the plate back and took out something from his pocket, “Close your eyes, Yixing!” Kris said in a happy tune.

“W-why?”

“Just do it!” Kris said, putting his large hands over Yixing’s eyes.

Kris got up and went behind Yixing and put something around his neck.

“Ok! You can open your eyes now!”

Yixing opened his eyes and saw something on his neck. He immediately went to grab it and saw something familiar. “..ImA..unicorn.. Kris.. Kris you bought this for me...??” Yixing said, unable to believe that this was real, “You went out in the storm to get this!?” Yixing got up and started lightly punching Kris’ chest. “KRIS! Why did you risk your life in the pouring rainstorm for a stupid thing like this?!” tears started falling from Yixing’s face, “Do you think this is more important than your life?! What if something happened out there?? I don’t even have your phone number!! I was so worried!” Yixing fell into Kris’ arms and buried his face into his chest, still sobbing. “Kris... Kris..” Yixing muttered in between tears.

Kris, laughing at Yixing’s cute outburst, put his arms around Yixing, “Well.. Didn’t I tell you that you were pretty special? I think it’s ok to risk my life for someone like that.”

“Promise me you won’t do anything like this again!” Yixing said to Kris, grabbing his pinky finger to cross their pinkies into a pinky promise.

“Yixing, I promise, I promise!” Kris said laughing to himself at Yixing’s silliness,

Then, as if on cue, they both yawned at the same time.

“I’m so tired!” Kris said, walking towards his bed, “turn the lights off for me ok, Yixing?”

Yixing turned off the lights and reluctantly walked to sit on his bed. It was cold since he was using Kris’ bed earlier and it was all warmed up. Slowly, Yixing got up and quietly went over to Kris’ bed.

“Kris... do you think... would it be ok.. for me to sleep here tonight?” Yixing asked, blushing at his embarrassing question. Good thing it was dark, or else Kris would have again.

“Sure,” Kris said, moving towards the wall so Yixing had space. Yixing fell onto the bed and felt the warmth surround him. The warmth from the bed and the warmth from Kris. He smiled and closed his eyes.

It was kind of embarrassing for Yixing to fall asleep so he kept waking up every few minutes to check to see if Kris was sleep. After a couple hours, Kris was sound asleep. Yixing took this chance and snuggled in closer to Kris’ warm chest and felt better. He closed his eyes, and this time, fell asleep safe and sound.