Third Wheel, Second Date, First Kiss

The Day We Met [No longer getting updated]

Third Wheel, Second Date, First Kiss

 

“H-huh?!” Lay was dumbstruck at what Luhan just said. Be his boyfriend!? But doesn’t he already have a boyfriend?? Wait... does that mean Luhan wants to two-time him!? But what if Luhan really and truly likes both me and his boyfriend? Ahh.. I can’t break his heart if he truly likes me, then!! What should I do?? AHH!! Lay scratches his head in frustration and confusion before finally giving his answer, “O-ok, Luhan! I-I’ll be your boyfriend!” That’s right! If he really does like me, I should give him a chance! And this is better for me because I need to get over Kris and Luhan can help me! This is all for the best! I need to forget Kris and settle for being his good friend...!

“Now that you’re my boyfriend, that means we must definitely go on a date!! Let’s go to the amusement park today after class!” Luhan said, smiling.

 

***

Class finally ended and Lay stepped outside to wait for Luhan. He was still feeling confused about the incident earlier; how could Luhan just ask him to be his boyfriend all of a sudden!?

“Lay, do you wanna go get lunch?” Kris asked, interrupting Lay’s train of thought.

“Ahh... sorry Kris! I’m going on a d--” Lay cut himself off before revealing that he had a date with Luhan.

“A what?”

“Oh Sehunniee~~!! Guess what?! Luhanie got a boyfriend!! And we’re going on a DATE today~! Isn’t that great!?” Luhan chimed into his phone as if he was answering Kris’ question.

“LUHAN, WHAT THE F!(#)@!???” Sehun yelled into the phone.

“Don’t worry Sehunie~! I still like you the best!!~Hehehe~” Luhan said, hanging up the phone and turning towards Kris and Lay.

“Wait.. WHAT!? You’re going out with Luhan??? And Lay... you’re... you’re GAY!?” Kris exclaimed, not being able to believe what was happening.

Lay couldn’t face Kris; he was too embarrassed to confess in the first place that he liked guys... a certain guy to be precise. He just hung his head and looked down at the floor, hoping that Luhan would take the hint and change the subject.

“Bingo!~” Luhan said grinning widely, “Lay is as gay as a unicorn~!!”

Lay hung his head even lower, trying to hide his beet red face. This cannot get any more embarrassing!! Kris is going to think I’m gross and disgusting! I just want to melt or fall into a deep dark hole right now!! Lay pressed his eyes tightly to hold back any and all tears that were threatening to fall down his face and started to turn. This is too embarrassing!! He was getting ready to run away when Kris grabbed his hand tightly.

“Ow--” Lay started to whine.

“I-if you guys are going on a date.. t-then I’m coming with you!” Kris said, covering his face to hide the tint of red forming on his cheeks.

“WHAAAAAAT~ No way!” Luhan said, taking a hold of Lay’s hands from Kris’ tight grip, “Lay is mine! He’s my boyfriend!” Luhan said, smirking.

“The hell, let go of him! And you already have a boyfriend, so you can’t have Lay as well!” Kris repeated back at Luhan, taking back Lay’s hands into his own, “Now come on, let’s go on that date or whatever!”

Lay turned to Luhan for help but in return got a wink from him, “Fighting!” Luhan said as he followed behind the two of them.

Kris dragged Lay all the way to the nearest amusement park and then proceeded to walk to the ticket booth, “Two tickets please!”

“Make that three!” Luhan chimed from behind, earning an evil glare from Kris.

“Pay for your own ticket,” Kris said, throwing the money down on the counter for both his and Lay’s portion.

“KRIS, NO!!! LAY COME BACK!! I have no money!!!” Luhan cried from the other side of the gate.

Kris chuckled evilly and pulled Lay even further into the amusement park, “That’ll teach him! That player!”

“Kris! Stop it! You’re hurting my hand!” Lay said quietly after a while, trying to release his hand from Kris’ grip.

“Oh! I’m so sorry!” Kris said, loosening his grip. He grabbed Lay’s hand to examine the bruises. “Lay, I’m so sorry! I didn’t even realize I was grabbing you so tigh--”

“It’s ok, ge! LOOK! I want to ride that! PLEASE GE, PLEASE??” Lay said, pointing to the scariest looking rollercoaster at the park.

“Are you sure?” Kris said, not believing that such a cute kid-like guy would be up for these kinds of thrill rides.

“Yep, yep!” Lay nodded eagerly, this time pulling Kris towards the ride.

The wait time for the line said 30 minutes, so the two of them stood in awkward silence for the first 5 minutes until someone finally broke the silence.

“Ge... tell me why... you dislike Luhan so much?” Lay asked nervously.

“I don’t dislike him as a person... but every time he clings onto you, I just get really pissed.”

“Ge does that mean...”

“And every time I see you going along with him, I just want to take you away by force.”

“Ge...”

“And every time I’m alone with you, it feels like there’s a freaking wood pecker inside my chest and it keeps pecking faster and faster and no matter how much I hit it or try to make it stop, it won’t stop pecking!! And that’s not all! It seems like my face turns hot all of a sudden.. and I don’t know why! I think I have a rare illness or something.. Probably some kind of fever, I need to get it checked!”

Lay was surprised at what he was hearing. Did Kris just explain the symptoms of falling in love!? No way.... there’s no way... right? But before Lay could say anything more, Luhan jumped onto Lay’s shoulders from behind, “MISS ME!?” He cooed into Lay’s ears.

“UGH!” Kris groaned after realizing that Luhan was back.

They continued to wait in line until, finally, it was their turn. Luhan was the first to step in and pull down the safety lever, trapping himself to the seat.

“Uhhm... on second thought... I think I’ll just wait for you guys... over there!” Lay said, running towards the gate and away from the line, “Have fun you two!”

Kris sighed and ran after Lay, sighing. I knew this would happen! He would never be able to ride something like this. Kris thought to himself, smiling, but at least he tried for my sake!

“NOOOOOOO LAYYY COME BACK!!” Luhan said, trying to break free from the safety lever, but it was no use. The ride started and Luhan was stuck on the ride until it was over. The other two managed to ditch him once again.

Lay continued to run far away from the rollercoaster; just being near it was enough to get him nauseous. He sighed as he approached a bench and fell onto it, “That was so scary!” he said aloud to himself.

“You shouldn’t have forced yourself.” Kris said from not too far away, surprising Lay.

“Kris! You followed me?? You didn’t get on the ride?” Lay asked, surprised.

“It’s no fun without you, plus I didn’t want to be stuck there with Luhan!” Kris chuckled.

Lay blushed. Kris actually came for me! He squealed inside while grinning like an idiot on the outside.

“Wait right here, okay?” Kris said as he got up and ran away.

Lay nodded as he smiled. I couldn’t ask for anything more... Thank you god! Thank you so much for letting me have so much fun with Kris... I don’t need him to love me back... This one-sided love is enough for me.

Kris returned with two ice cream cones in his hand. “Here!” He said, handing Lay a cone, “Your favorite; strawberry!”

Lay grabbed the cone happily and started away,” MMH!! IT’S SO GOOD!” Lay said, “Thank you Kris! You’re the best!” He continued to messily eat his ice cream cone.

Kris smiled to himself as he saw the younger boy eating like a little kid. “Lay you’re so messy! Let me wipe that off.” Kris reached for Lay’s chin and turned Lay’s face towards him, but instead of wiping away the ice cream all over Lay’s face, he just stopped and stared at him.

“Kris..?”

“Stop being so cute..” Kris said, leaning in towards Lay.

Before Lay could utter another word, Kris brought his face closer to Lay’s and pressed a small kiss on Lay’s soft and plump lips. Lay froze, surprised at what Kris just did. Am I in heaven?

 

--

 

A/N: Thanks you for reading guys! This chapter is twice as long as my usual ones, so hopy you enjoy!! >< I try to update as soon as I possibly can for you guys!! Also because I hit almost 70 suscribers and when I started this story, I didn't even think I'd get past 10, so THANK YOU EVERYONE! I love each and every one of you >o<