For Kris

The Day We Met [No longer getting updated]

 

For Kris

 

Lay found himself at a nearby park after running for what seemed like hours; tears were streaming down his face uncontrollably. How could Kris be so stupid!? He was about to sit down from running so long when a little kid came up to him.

“Da gege~ What’s wrong?” the little kid who, was playing by himself, asked Lay.

“Nothing..” Lay replied, wiping the tears off his face.

“Gege! You’re crying! What’s wrong?” The little kid seemed genuinely worried about Lay.

“...You wouldn’t be able to understand..” Lay said, slouching down beside the kid on the bench.

“I’m older than you think, you know! How old are you?? 16?” The kid said, looking down on Lay.

“Huh???” Lay shook his head and laughed. This kid was too cute!

“Hmm... you see little kid... I was crying because... well the person I love doesn’t love me back...” Lay sighed once more and hung his head down.

“That’s it?!” The kid said, mocking Lay, “You’re a stupid gege!”

Once again, Lay was taken aback by this little kid’s behaviour.

“You see that girl over there??” The kid points at a small little girl wearing a pink dress and a matching pink bow, “I love her!”

Lay smiled at started to say something but the kid cut him off.

“But... I was rejected by her.. twice!” The kid said this looking down and looking sad, but suddenly lifted his head, “But I’ll never give up! Because one day, I’ll marry her!!”

By now, Lay was smiling at this cute kid. He was so positive that the kid’s happy virus transferred over to Lay as well!

But then, Lay’s face turned dark again. “But the person I like... he’s a... guy.. And I don’t know if he likes me back”

“So what?? Love is love! It doesn’t matter who you love! Humans, aliens, animals! Love is all the same!” The kid flashed Lay a big smile and a double thumbs up before running off to play with the girl. He turned around to shout back, “And you don’t seem like such a bad guy after all! He probably likes you back!!”

The smile returned to Lay’s face. He was energized and motivated once again. It didn’t matter who came in between Ge and him! He’ll definitely get Ge back!

He was about to walk back to the apartment when he passed by a couple making out in broad daylight. Wahhh get a room, you two! Lay blushed at how brave they were to make out so casually in a public place.

HUH!? Lay’s eyes widened when he recognized the girl. It was Mei. And she wasn’t with Kris. It was some other man.

Lay froze in place, unable to believe what he was seeing. But an idea popped into his head and he quickly pulled out his cell phone and snapped several pictures. I’ll show Ge! I’ll show him that this.. this.. $@#)( can’t be trusted!!

Lay ran all the way back to the dorm, panting by the time he got there, and started knocking loudly on the door. “GE GE! OPEN UP! GEEE! KRIS GE!”

Kris finally opened the door and greeted Lay with a smile. “Oh you’re back!”

Kris looked very happy for some reason.

“I was just cooking.. something.. haha I don’t really know what I’m doing, actually! Can you help me Lay?” Kris said, still smiling to himself about something, “Mei said she’s coming back over for dinner.” Kris couldn’t stop grinning happily to himself.

He seemed to have forgotten about the diary. And it would break Lay’s heart to reveal what she had done to Kris when he was so happy. I can’t do it... Lay thought to himself, I can’t ruin his happiness... Ge suffered so much.. and because of me, he’ll suffer again... Lay stuffed his phone into his pocket and put on a forced smile. “Sure ge~! I’ll help you!” he said as he went over to Kris. My heart... it hurts so much...