I Love You

The Day We Met [No longer getting updated]

I Love You
 

“K-Kris... ??” Lay managed to say as soon as Kris pulled away.

Both their faces were a dark shade of red; Lay’s from surprise and Kris’ from the realization of what he just did.

“Uhh.. J-just forget what just happened ….” Kris said, looking away and scratching his head to escape Lay’s stare.

“Ge... ?” Lay asked, confused. What do you mean just FORGET what happened?! How can I forget something like that??

“That... that was a mistake...” Kris sighed putting his face into his hands, “Just forget that ok.” Kris stood up, “I’ll... I’ll catch you later.” And with that, he left a confused and depressed Lay sitting all alone on the bench.

Tears started welling up in Lay’s eyes. This is unbelievable… how can he mess with my heart like this.. He held his face in his hands and sobbed until it started getting dark. He didn’t even bother looking at the people that gave him weird looks as he sat there crying. He just had his heart ripped in two; he deserved to at least cry all his emotions away.

 

 

***


After a while, it started to rain and Lay walked back to his dorm alone. By the time he finally reached the empty dorm, he was soaking wet. It’s funny how it’s raining... it’s like the whole world is as sad as I am... He bitterly thought to himself as he wiped away the tears that fell down his face, merging with the rain.

Without giving it another thought, he turned back out the dorm and walked out to the courtyard; once again being drenched by the rain. The courtyard was located behind the dorms and barely anyone visited it; but to Lay, it was a very beautiful place. It was where he could sit alone and just think about everything without any interruptions. He loved the peacefulness that the courtyard provided.

He slowly walked to his usual spot and sat down, not worrying about getting his already soaked clothes even more soaked by the wet bench. He didn’t mind it at all; in fact, the rain was actually soothing to him. He took out his ipod and put it into his ear while searching for some relaxing music. That’s it. He said to himself as he spotted his favorite song on the playlist. Kiss the Rain by Yiruma. He leaned back into the shade and sat there deep in thought, just watching the rain.

I can’t believe I let Kris play with my heart again.. It was just a mistake to him. I was such a fool to believe that he actually liked me. How could I even think that someone like Kris would like such a loser like me... I’m just a friend to him... Now and forever... always a friend. Lay felt the hot tears falling down his face once more. It contrasted with the cold, drying, rain water on his face. Ha.. I’m crying again.. I thought I had shed every drop of tear in me…

He leaned in so that he was outside the covering above the bench and let the rain wash his face once more. If only I could really kiss the rain... He closed his eyes and scrunched his lips together. Ahh it really feels like a kiss... the rain... it’s so warm.. and soft.. ...wait.. what?? Lay quickly opened his eyes to find someone on the other end of his lips, returning the kiss. Lay immediately pulled back to find a familiar face in front of him.

“Kris...?”

“I’m sorry... Lay, I’m so sorry.. I didn’t mean to--”

“Oh don’t worry.. this kiss must have been a mistake too, right?” Lay snapped back at him and started to get up but Kris pulled him back down and crouched down in front of him.

“Lay. Listen. I didn’t mean to say that.. I meant to..”

“WHAT? You meant to say that you were just playing with me?! Once you found out that I liked guys, you just wanted to tease me for your own amusement?!”

“Lay, just LISTEN TO ME,” Kris said desperately, his voice growing louder. He grabbed Lay’s face in his hands and looked right into his eyes. “My mistake wasn’t kissing you. That kiss was as real as my true feelings. My mistake was that I wasn’t able to realize what this feeling was. What this feeling inside my heart was. I didn’t realize that this feeling was love until now. I was in love with you, Lay. It’s the truth.”

“Stop kidding around Kris... just st--”

Before Lay could finish his sentence, Kris pressed his lips against Lay’s once more.

“Kris, STO--” Lay managed to get out, squirming around and trying to push Kris away.

“This isn’t a mistake. It never was, Lay.” Kris continued to kiss Lay and finally, Lay complied to him.

“Lay... I love you.” Kris said as he pulled back.

Lay couldn’t help but blush at the fact that Kris was staring intently at him. How is he able to change my mood so easily? First at the park, I was so happy, then he shot me down with his words and I was so depressed... and now, I’m back to being as happy as ever... It must be because I love him..

“I love you too, Kris... I love you so much!!” Lay said, pulling Kris into a tight hug. “I want to stay like this forever!!”

“Me too” Kris said, smiling into Lay’s shoulder.

--

A/N: Ahh I'm so sorry for the really late update guys ;~;!! I was super busy and it was only because a storm hit yesterday that I wrote! There was a power outage so I just sat there writing lol... xD And I was listening to Yiruma + the rain so I felt like writing all... idk.. romantic and angsty lols