Proposal

The Day We Met [No longer getting updated]

Proposal

 

“Kris?” Lay called out silently as he walked to the courtyard. Class had finally ended and he followed the instructions that Kris had sent to his phone to come to the courtyard.

I wonder why Kris wants to see me alone... and in the courtyard .. where no one ever comes!!

“Over here” Kris called out from somewhere not too far away.

Lay turned behind one of the benches to see Kris standing there with a big grin on his face and a bouquet of flowers in his hands. “Yo!” He says while still grinning.

“Why’d you call me out he--?” But before Lay could finish his sentence, Kris stuffs the bouquet of flowers into his hand and takes something out of his pocket and kneels down.

Wait.. this scene.. OH MY GOD... What is he planning on doing!?

“Lay... Will you marry me?” Kris says as he stares into Lay’s beautiful eyes.

“W--wait Kris.. we’ve only been going out for … and we’re only in college.. we should.. uh um.. Kris..”

Kris chuckles at the way Lay reacts, “Lay, don’t worry, this isn’t my real proposal. That will be saved for a later time. This is just a promise I want to make to you; between the two of us that we’ll always and forever be together. I know that it took me a while to finally realize who I loved the most in the world but now that I know for sure, I want to spend the rest of my life with you. This ring is a promise between us to stay together forever. By asking you to marry me right now, I’m asking you to stay with me until we grow old... to stay with me forever, Lay.” Kris scratches his hair in frustration, “uhh I’m trying to say you’re the only one for me so please just save me this embarrassment and take the ring, Lay!” Kris covers his red face with his empty hands as he waits for lay to react.

Ah so... so does that mean this ring is a promise that he’s going to marry me later on?? Ah oh my gosh what do I do?? I want to yell that I love him!! Kris, I love you, too!!! Lay reaches out his hand and Kris inserts the ring onto his ring finger and pulls him forward. Lay collapses right onto Kris’ lips, sealing this “marriage.”

“I love you, Lay. Even though we haven’t been going out for a long time, I now realize that I’ve been in love with you for the longest time.” Kris tightens his grip around Lay and places his chin on Lay’s shoulder.

“I love you too, Kris! I’ve loved you this whole time!” Lay closes his eyes and hopes that this moment lasts forever.

“Stay with me forever, okay? I have no one else but you.”

“Ah.. your parents..” Lay started to say as he pulled back from the hug but Kris shushed him and pulled him back into him, “Stay like this.”

After a few minutes, Kris decided that he was being greedy enough so he pulled away from Lay so they could get away from this uncomfortable position but laughed out loud at the cute scene in front of him. Lay had fallen asleep on his shoulder!! It was way too cute to resist so after moving him onto the bench and placing him on his lap, Kris planted many kisses all over his face. “So cute, my little unicorn... so cute...” And Kris slowly dazed off.

 

 

***


“HEY YOU FREAKIN’ GAYS!”

A loud and familiar voice woke the two of them up.

“Luhan...?” Lay said rubbing his eyes as he woke up. Why am I asleep on Kris’ lap in the courtyard?? He looked down at his finger and smiled to himself, realizing what happened last night.

Luhan once again yelled while running up to the two of them, “I’M SURE YOU’RE HAVING A GREAT TIME SLEEPING IN EACH OTHERS ARMS, BUT WE GOT A HUGE PROBLEM RIGHT NOW!”

“What is it?” Kris asked, frowning.

“Lay’s father is at the freakin FRONT DOOR demanding that he see his son RIGHT NOW!” Luhan gave each of them a bag and told them the details.

“I talked with my friend and he said he can let you two in for the night, all your things are in the bag, take a plane to CANADA if you need to! NOW RUN!”

“HUH WHAT??” Lay exclaims, wide awake now, “MY DAD?? But I need to go see hi--”

“NO! HE’S DEMANDING YOU RETURN TO THE U.S. WITH HIM! SO FREAKIN SCRAM YOU LOVEY DOVEY FREAKS!” Luhan pushes them out of the courtyard with the bags in hand and waves a goodbye before he runs back into the dorms.

“What the hell was that?” Kris said, turning around to see the rows of limousines that lined up at the front of the dorm.

“My dad... he’s here... ? But I need to see him!” Lay hands his bag to Kris, “Kris! I need to see my father! I haven’t seen him in so l--”

“Yixing-ah!” A small voice calls out from inside on of the the huge cars

Lay quickly turns back around and his face fills with happiness when he sees his mom, “MOM!!” Lay runs towards the woman and gives her a hug from outside the car.

“Mom! I haven’t seen you in so long! You look so tired! How are you doing?? Mom! I love you! Mom, I want to show you someone, look! That’s... that’s my...” Lay blsuhes at the thought, “he’s my boyfriend mom.. I wanted to introduce him properly to you but.. I never had the chance so..”

“Yixing-ah, your father has gone crazy again! Please, please get to safety! He demands that you return to the U.S. with us but seeing you now..” She looks over to Kris, “You probably don’t want to... Please! Run away and hide for the time being! Atleast until I cool off your father... He is probably talking with your school principal right now... Anyways, please hide from him for now!”

“Mom?? What.. what are you saying??”

“Yixing! I love you, my wonderful son!” Lay’s mom presses a kiss on his forehead, “But please! Leave quickly! He’ll be back anytime! I love you, son! Please take care!” She then turns her attention to Kris and smiles, “Please take care of my son.”

Kris bows respectfully and says in his best tone possible, “Yes ma’am! I will take good care of him!”

And with that, the two lovers locked hands and ran away. To where, they don’t know but they knew they had to find shelter before nighttime.

After running for what seemed like hours, they finally reached the place Luhan was talking about. They knocked on the door and a very handsome man answered the door with an, “I’ve been expecting you!” His eyes seemed to give off a cold glare but his smile was as soft and gentle as an angel’s. “I’m Sehun... Luhan must have mentioned me before? You guys can stay the night here!” He said with a bright smile.

“Ah! Sehunie!” Both Kris and Lay exclaims at the same time. Sehun blushes furiously at the recognition of his nickname and moves aside to let the two in.

“Kris... I’m so scared..” Lay says, not being able to believe that what happened the last couple hours was real.

“Shh” Kris says as he takes Lay into his arms, “Everything will be ok, Lay. I’ll be here to protect you.”

Lay smiles, all his worries melting away, and leans against Kris’ chest. Kris’ soothing heartbeat was enough to put Lay to sleep once again.

 

--

 

A/N: Thank you for reading everyone~!! I'll update next week because I'll be on vacation over the weekend >o<