Boyfriend

The Day We Met [No longer getting updated]

 

Boyfriend

 


“Since Sehuniee is farrrr awaway, we can have fun Lay!” Luhan said in a teasing voice.

But before Luhan could get any closer, he felt a strong grip on his shoulder. He smirked, realizing that his plan was working.

“What the HELL do you think you’re doing!?” a low voice growled from behind.

“K-k-kris!! It’s not what it looks like!” Lay stammered; he struggled to get out from under Luhan’s grip, but it was no use. Luhan was much stronger than he looked.

“He’s not your Sehun or whatever the hell that guy’s name is!” Kris said, violently pulling Luhan back, “Don’t you dare touch him!”

The second Kris’ grasp on Luhan’s shoulder was released, he giggled and ran out the room, “Have fun, you two!!” he shouted as he escaped.

Luhan smiled all the way down the hallway. Heh! That should have made him jealous! That big, dense, stupid guy! He can’t even see for himself who he loves the most!!

“K-kris! It really wasn’t what it looked like! Luhan was just playing ar-” Lay started, afraid that Kris was pissed off.

“Did he do anything?” Kris said, staring into Lay’s eyes. Instead of being pissed, he seemed to be really concerned for Lay.

“I-I’m ok...” Lay replied.

Kris sighed deeply and turned around, “I’m glad nothing happened...”

“What do you mean?” Lay asked confused.

“Nothing,” Kris said, reaching into his pocket, “Hey, here you can have this.” He tossed a small candy toward Lay.

“What’s this?” Lay said, reaching up to catch it. His eyes lit up when he realized what it was, “My favorite!!”

“I got it for Mei after finding out that it was your favorite candy... since you have good taste in these kinds of things!” Kris said, chuckling.

“Oh... Mei... !! Are you feeling better?” Lay said, suddenly realizing that just last night, he broke up with her for the second time.

“At first I wasn’t. My heart was so broken, I really didn’t think I would be able to go on. I think I was crying my eyes out half the night.” He chuckles again, looking down and shaking his head, “But I think I felt better after realizing how stupid it was. I should have realized she was just using me.”

“Kris... I’m so sorr--”

“And now, I finally realize that I have a great friend who is going to protect me and stick by my side, am I right?” Kris said, showing his charming smile.

“Ah... friend.. yeah!” Lay said, trying to put on a fake smile, yet again disappointed at the fact that Kris doesn’t want him as anything more than a friend.

“Don’t worry, Lay! I think I’m going to be fine!” Kris said reassuringly.

Lay smiled back at Kris; this time a genuine smile. He felt happy that Kris didn’t take the breakup too hard. He was also happy that Mei was finally gone from his life for good.

“I did realize something else yesterday,” Kris said, changing his expression.

“What?”

Kris got up and inched closer to Lay, “You’re asking me?” He reached his hand towards Lay’s legs.

“Kris?!” Lay was starting to tremble now.

Kris went straight for Lay’s pocket and pulled out Lay’s phone, “You had Mei’s number but not mine!?” A small pout started to appear on Kris’ face.

Lay laughed, relieved and somewhat disappointed at the same time.

“Here, I texted my phone, now I should have your number!” Kris smiled, then glanced up at the clock, “We’ll be late if we stick around any longer, Lay”

And with that, they both scrambled to get ready for another day of class.

Lay followed behind Kris as they walked together towards their classroom. His back... it’s so big... I want to hug him from behind... Lay sighed. I wish... he knew how I felt.. He sighed again. No.. it’s ok like this... I can be close to Kris this way. I won’t confess and ruin our friendship. Not after knowing how it feels to have him taken away. Everything is fine just like this. Lay ran to catch up to Kris.

“It’s been a while!” Lay said happily.

“A while since what?”

“Since we walked together to class like this!”

“Ah, you’re right!” Kris said, smiling back, “It’s better this way.”

Lay happily smiled and walked alongside Kris all the way to their class.

 

 

***


“PSSST!!”

Lay ignored the sound from beside him for the 100th time that day. Luhan had been trying to get his attention the entire class and Lay was trying his best to ignore him. He had continously messed with him and he was mad.

“PSST!!!” Luhan hissed at Lay again.

“Be quiet Luhan! I’m mad at you; I don’t want to talk to you!” Lay said, trying to glare at him.

“What happened when I left?!” Luhan said, ignoring Lay’s words.

“Nothing. I gave him my phone number, that’s all. And he said I was a good friend... again.” Lay said, sighing at the last part.

“Oh goodie~! Now he’ll definitely know for sure that you were the one who texted him ‘I Love You~’”

“OH CRAP!” Lay yelled, getting up from his seat. The entire class turned to look at the noise from the back of the class and Lay quietly slid back into his chair, his face beet red.

“Luhan!” he said, this time much quieter, “I forgot about that text!! You need to help me steal Kris’ phone!!” Lay said, panic showing on his face.

“Fine, I should help you and all since I shouldn’t have texted Mei. But only on one condition.”

“What is it?” Lay said, getting ready to agree to whatever it was that Luhan had in store for him, as long as he could get to Kris’ phone.

“Be my boyfriend.”