Morning Sunshine

The Day We Met [No longer getting updated]

Morning Sunshine

Back in the room, Yixing sat on his bed holding his chest. Why won’t my heart stop beating like crazy?? What is this feeling?? Don’t tell me... am I.. falling.. NO! But... can I really be falling for a guy like that..? he thought to himself as he stared at Wu Fan’s bag across from him. He went over and found a notebook inside labeled Kris. “Ooh! It’s Wu Fan.. no Kris’ diary!?” Yixing said out loud to himself, giggling.

But before he had a chance to flip through it. Wu Fan came back into the room, “Classes start tomorrow, so get enough rest,” he said as he got ready to go to bed.

They were both in bed and the lights were out but Yixing couldn’t fall asleep. “Kris.. are you asleep yet..?” Yixing said unconsciously.

“Kris?? Who told you that name?” Wu Fan replied back, surprised.

Yixing kept silent because he didn’t want to confess that he stole Kris’ diary.

Sighing, Kris lied back down, “That’s my real name. Wu Fan is my Chinese name.”

“Oh...” Yixing replied, not sure what to say next, “... um.. then can I call you Kris?”

For a moment, Kris was silent. He wasn’t sure of how to answer. No one called him Kris. Even his mother referred to him as Wu Fan most of the time; it was only when she was rocking him to sleep that she called him Kris. “Do what you want,” Kris replied back, going back to sleep.

Yixing smiled to himself. I’m getting closer to Wu-- no, Kris gege.

 

***


Yixing woke up at 5am because he had a bad habit of being unable to fall asleep before any exciting days. He barely got any sleep last night. So he decided to wake up early and cook a big, hearty breakfast for his roommate and himself. After many hours of putting together various dishes, Yixing went over to Kris.

“Wake up sleepy-head~!” Yixing said to Kris, “it’s time to rise and shine~” he said in a sing-song way.

Kris, not being a morning person, groaned at having to wake up so early. It was only 8am and class didn’t start for another hour. “Ughh... leave me alone stupid,” Kris said, trying to fall back asleep.

Unhappy about Kris’ reaction, Yixing went over to the window and lifted the shades. “AHH!!” Kris yelled in his low voice as the light shone on his face, disrupting his sleep. He suddenly got up, looking as pissed as ever, and went over to pin Yixing against the wall. “DO. NOT. WAKE. ME. UP.” He said to a scared looking Yixing. He wasn’t leaning in more than 5 inches from Yixing’s face.

Trembling and feeling his flustered heartbeats, Yixing quickly moved away from Kris and ran to show him all the food he prepared. “Gege! L-look! Breakfast is r-ready!” Yixing stuttered, still surprised about Kris’ abrupt actions.

Softening his expressions, Kris looked at the table full of various kinds of food. “Where did you learn to make that...” Kris said in awe.

“Well when you’re home alone all the time, you get bored!” Yixing said smiling, proud of himself that Kris was impressed.

Kris, forgetting all about sleep, went over to sit down with wide eyes. He quickly started eating everything on the table. “SO... SO GOOD!” Kris said, eyes almost shining with happiness.

Yixing was happy that he could make the older boy smile so much. He sat and watched Kris eat the entire time.

“What about you? Aren’t you eating?” Kris asked when he was finally done.

They both looked at the empty dishes and started laughing. “Don’t worry about me!” Yixing said, getting up to clean the table.

Then, they both got ready for their first day of classes.

 

--

 

A/N: Thank you sm for suscribing ;u;~ I hope you guys aren't disappoint~!